Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-20-2005, 11:45 PM   #31
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
nitekids had the stock S14 SR clutch in his car until he did the cam install, turbo, and valvetrain upgrade. and those who kno, can vouch that when someone other then henry driving it, got on it hard. that clutch came out with material still on it. and that was while it was making in excess of 250+ whp

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2005, 12:54 AM   #32
Jdotsturn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Jdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jdotsturn
I got the Exedy stage 2 in mine, kinda bitch in traffic but it grabs like no bitch, i was getting the stage 1 but the guy just gave me the stage 2 for the same price, so here i am with a huge left calf.
Jdotsturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:20 AM   #33
hotrodv
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
hotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfectionhotrodv is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much hp would be retain a spec 1 clutch or a exedy stage 1?
anyone know.. I certainly don't want a calf destroyer one..
hotrodv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:53 AM   #34
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Get the Jim Wolf Z33 clutch kit... sprung disc and pressure plate...capable of holding 1200kg of force (whereas normal 'stage 2' hold in the 800/900 range)...

Best part of the JWT is the lighter than a feather clutch...almost feals as if no clutch is even there!!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:43 AM   #35
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

Jcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to Jcb890
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEightyDl2eamel2
I got the Exedy stage 2 in mine, kinda bitch in traffic but it grabs like no bitch, i was getting the stage 1 but the guy just gave me the stage 2 for the same price, so here i am with a huge left calf.
how much power are you putting out and whats your setup?
Jcb890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:30 PM   #36
Project D
Zilvia Member

Project D is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Project D
I am going to be using the Exedy Stage 1 clutch for my car when I do the swap. it was cheap, made by a reputable company, and build to handle around 285-300 Ft.-Lbs of torque. I am figuring that i will be around 235-240 WHP, which will be about right for this clutch.
Project D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:00 PM   #37
Jcb890
Zilvia Addict

Jcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-knownJcb890 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to Jcb890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project D
I am going to be using the Exedy Stage 1 clutch for my car when I do the swap. it was cheap, made by a reputable company, and build to handle around 285-300 Ft.-Lbs of torque. I am figuring that i will be around 235-240 WHP, which will be about right for this clutch.
I think I'm going to use the Exedy Stage 2.

I'll be around the same rwhp for now, but come spring when the car is upgraded I want the clutch to be able to take more power so I don't have to go out and spend another $300+.
Jcb890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:48 PM   #38
Project D
Zilvia Member

Project D is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Project D
That may be a better fit for you. I've heard for anything more than a mildly modded SR, you need a little more clamping power than even a stage 1. I suggest the stage 1 however, for those looking to have a little more clamp without the harshness of a stage 2 or above clutch engagement.
Project D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:33 AM   #39
ma71supraturbo
Leaky Injector

ma71supraturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ma71supraturbo
If any of you are looking at the Exedy multi-plate clutches, check out ATS clutches (they supply the carbon discs for exedy)
ma71supraturbo is offline   Reply With Quote