Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-16-2004, 02:51 PM   #1
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Help me clean up my engine bay.

Ok so I was SICK of the response and power band on my KA...
and I needed a radiator...
so this is the result!

I obviously need to get an altima fan and make the upper radiator hose much nicer, but beyond that..... i dunno.

Its ugly and nasty but its working... I need some ideas on how to unugly this mess...
Old 12-16-2004, 03:49 PM   #2
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
two radiators?!

buguh?
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #3
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Oh I get it.

You just pushed the radiator back and put the IC where the radiator used to be. You are right tho, it does look like ass. ahaha

I know how to make it look better....

TAKE OFF THAT DAMN TURBO YOU PUSSY!!!

hahahahahaha

Now for the part where I give you some useful imput. First of all, get a ka radiator, not a SR one. Get e-fans. Shorten up that IC piping some more. oh yea, and read above once more.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:55 PM   #4
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i know... you could install an SR. That would clear up that radiator hose problem quickfast!
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:57 PM   #5
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
No more NA comments. NA is for losers. Scott you're therefor a loser.
KA radiator won't fit with the throttles position and the pipes~ too.

No more SR comments. SR's are also for losers. Kevin you're therefor a losers as well.

The i/c is up there so I could make the pipes super duper short, saving weight, hide the fmic from ricers/cops, and gain much needed response from my car
Old 12-16-2004, 04:25 PM   #6
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
pay someone
Old 12-16-2004, 04:50 PM   #7
Beau

Beau is an unknown quantity at this point
How much more responsive is it?

For tidying up the engine bay, you could try hiding all of the wires and fuse boxes in the fenders. It's a lot of work but the results are amazing.
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 04:52 PM   #8
Twinkie
Zilvia Member

Twinkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Twinkie
just get your water hose and spray your engine bay...that'll clear some dirty up for a start...and if them oil stains wont come off pour some alcohol on it and scrub tah-dah!
Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 04:59 PM   #9
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
throw that damn intercooler setup away, put the radiator where it should be, and build a real ic setup.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:21 PM   #10
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
its SO MUCh more responsive (i hung out at johns when he finishedi t all up)
so much more, needs a retune

hmm i say that rad hose is the kill but i know with efans it will be redone

CANNOT get a KA rad because w/ the FMIC piping whre its at with the size of his FMIC cant use a KA radiator!!!

so he'dhave to go out and get a new FMIC with different end tank and then get nwe piping..so its a small meh to have it odd like that

1jz goes across wont hurt the car...not at all. just get a nicer hose and some better water temp peice you l oser

ClEaN iT uP, wE gOt ThAt HIN ShoW iN a fEw wEEks DoOd!

and scotts jealous because otu of all of us (minus poser noah) his car will be slowest and waekest and least reliable

hahahahaha
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 06:23 PM   #11
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808
throw that damn intercooler setup away, put the radiator where it should be, and build a real ic setup.

as opossed to a fake one?
Old 12-16-2004, 06:35 PM   #12
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
hahahah riiight. Mine's gonna be the least reliable? sure guy. Turbos blow up engines, not ITB's, son.

But I'll have more response than you and John combined. So suck on that. haha
Old 12-16-2004, 06:43 PM   #13
mellojoe
Zilvia Junkie

mellojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
split loom and some free time.

It sucks, but if you take the time to put all your wires in some nice quality split-loom, that really helps. you may have to extend some wires to make a single bundle of some, and you may wish to re-route some. But, that will help.

Also, fix that ugly radiator hose. That thing is teh suck.

Get an eletrical fan or a pair of electrical fans. If you want a "clean" look, you can mount them in front of the radiator blowing INTO the engine bay (instead of the normal behind the radiator SUCKING THROUGH).

PS: nice turbo setup. Do you have a list of mods? Also, have you dyno'd it yet and if so, what are your numbers?
Old 12-16-2004, 07:19 PM   #14
TokyoNights
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
TokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really niceTokyoNights is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TokyoNights
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojoe
Get an eletrical fan or a pair of electrical fans. If you want a "clean" look, you can mount them in front of the radiator blowing INTO the engine bay (instead of the normal behind the radiator SUCKING THROUGH).
how the hell is he gonna do that when the ic is in front.
TokyoNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:39 PM   #15
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That IC setup is what all the scandinavian 200SX people use. His KA is infused with SWEDE SPEED now.

Why did you buy a radiator with the outlet on the wrong side? Just curious.

Other than that, if you want to clean up the engine bay, you need to... clean! All the aluminum parts are grungy. Do something about the rusty battery tray. Shine up the plastic and painted parts.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:45 PM   #16
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
as opossed to a fake one?
Yes as opossed to a fake one.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:27 PM   #17
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha-hahahahaha
Old 12-16-2004, 09:27 PM   #18
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver
That IC setup is what all the scandinavian 200SX people use. His KA is infused with SWEDE SPEED now.

Why did you buy a radiator with the outlet on the wrong side? Just curious.

Other than that, if you want to clean up the engine bay, you need to... clean! All the aluminum parts are grungy. Do something about the rusty battery tray. Shine up the plastic and painted parts.
I cleaned the damn thing like 2 weeks ago, but the car lives outside with a lot of dirty tree cover so it gets filthy really quick. I'm just really concerned with all my hose/pipe/wire routing for now until it gets a home of its own.

I got the radiator because the seller listed it as a KA radiator but found it was SR about the same time I found out I needed an SR radiator anyway.
Oh, and it was cheap.

The mod list is too long to list, and last time at the dyno it made 225@4psi, and now its at 6 so I have no idea but its probably near 270 because the turbo is no where near its efficiency peak yet.

What's a real i/c setup entail? My intercoolers plenty real.... and now its got swede speed!
Old 12-16-2004, 10:10 PM   #19
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
yeah, electric fan and new rad hose and it's fine...very cool setup!
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:23 PM   #20
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Go hardcore v-mount.. and get a KA radiator for it.
-Jeff
Old 12-17-2004, 07:56 PM   #21
2JZGTE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute2JZGTE has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 2JZGTE Send a message via MSN to 2JZGTE
Like some others said, it'll look badass after a new radiator hose or KA radiator. Get some electric fans too if you're willing to spend the $$. They are real nice.

Oh yea...you said you cleaned it already, were you using degreaser? That stuff works way too good for engines

This is the flex-a-lite 220 fan mounted on SR koyo. You can see how it covers the whole surface area of radiator, and has a nice rubber seal around the whole fan that seals everything.

billy

R35 GT-R, R32 GT-R, Supra, S13, S14, FD3S
2JZGTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 08:57 PM   #22
SlideStar
Zilvia Junkie

SlideStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re-route or hide stuff like vacume lines, and amputate that getto rad hose.
A steel braided line kit would look good too! There are a bunch of little things you can hide to make it look less cluttered.
SlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:22 PM   #23
ka24det-power
Zilvia Member

ka24det-power has a little shameless behavior in the past
s13

IMO - I would use smaller intercooler piping and route it the normal way. The reason the response is better because there is less air volume to fill in shorter piping. You can achieve a similar effect with 2 or 2.25" piping. I know it seems small - just consider that the GReddy and HKS piping kits for the SR and the eclipse are 2 to 2.25" pipes. I would think if you NEED large piping that HKS would have figured that out already. You can buy flat black intercoolers or you could also have yours painted or coated with a flat black thermal coating.

KA24DET
ka24det-power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 12:32 AM   #24
Salty_X
Zilvia FREAK!

Salty_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeda
The mod list is too long to list
Is that because of the 4 radiator hoses?
Badass hood prop too...

A KA radiator would work wonders.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:13 AM   #25
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty_X
Is that because of the 4 radiator hoses?
Badass hood prop too...

A KA radiator would work wonders.
ka radiator would work wonders LOOK wise right?
because both cool air and do the same thing last time i checked..
Old 12-18-2004, 01:18 PM   #26
Salty_X
Zilvia FREAK!

Salty_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
ka radiator would work wonders LOOK wise right?
because both cool air and do the same thing last time i checked..
What was the point of this thread again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeda
I need some ideas on how to unugly this mess...
Oh yeah.

I'm just giving some aesthetic advice...
No need to take what I said as an attack, just a little ballbusting encouragement.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:15 PM   #27
nistech
Zilvia Addict

nistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to nistech
tire gel on the plastc areas works really good
nistech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 05:17 PM   #28
nistech
Zilvia Addict

nistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enoughnistech will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to nistech
also a degreaser spray. and u could go to one of those self car wash places and use the water that doesnt leave stain.
nistech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 04:43 PM   #29
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
so...!? Maeda did you clean it up or what? show us some pics....
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 05:54 PM   #30
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
That has to be one absolutely hiddeous engine bay. If its a daily driver, then I understand. BUT IF ITS NOT, you need to be shot for setting your car up like that. You need to spend some time organizing the components in your engine bay before you install them.

I would make some suggestions but it would involve a lot of work and money. Start off by getting a proper IC and radiator setup. Dont use shitty junk yard fans, pickup some new ones that will suck some decent CFM. Get a radiator that is heavy duty and also has the proper outlets, you can get something custom made.. thats my best suggestion for that. The IC is your call, dont know if you want to go through with remounting and repiping.. but I would. It just looks horrible man, horrible. I dont even know why you would keep power steering and air conditioning when you see how crammed things are. Do you work on your own car? If so, it would drive me mad and I would take a hammer to the car just to make more room.

Sorry, but if its one thing I cant stand is crammed engine bays.. especially when they are a mess like this. Nothing against you, but I just want to see things tidy'ed up a bit. It looks like absolute hell in there.
old_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote