Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-12-2005, 12:18 AM   #31
p11driver
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
p11driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to p11driver
couldnt agree any more with sam.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:19 AM   #32
Pudula
Zilvia Junkie

Pudula is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Pudula
I really wish I knew anything about drifting... I finally have the setup complete after I put in the hands of professionals (4500 dollars later). I just need wheels to finish this bitch up. I don't even know if you guys remember my headaches...

Ryan
Pudula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:54 AM   #33
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruto
bobbyboy, i drift fine on a beatup KA. 175k miles, stock except for exhaust =p

lack of power is no excuse for not drifting, you learn real skillz with an underpowered car, its why those hachi guys are so damn good.

driftfactory: on behalf of the community i'd like to thank you for these sponsorship opportunties. It makes it feel like something cool the average joe can shoot for =)
man, but I am not one of the good Hachi guys, I just know firsthand you do not need a ton of power or bling parts to be able to drift. I had a 240 coupe with some minor bolt ons and that was a blast and now I have a corolla and it is SUPER underpowered and I can still get it to slide it all comes in time. Money can't buy skill, power doesn't equal skill, skill comes with time
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:35 AM   #34
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

zero.counter is making a name for him/her selfzero.counter is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to zero.counter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa
Instead of giving handouts especially to poser or what not, why not have it as 1st prize for a underground drift compeition?
Make them earn it instead of spoon feeding, go out and prove you are good.
There are so many events like DG trail, NW(Nico)drift, Landho(Shogun Cup), Driftday Compeitition, and Just drift(Competition).
Sure there's always will be D1 and Formula D competition, but so many other one that will need sponsorship and make drifting grow.
It doesn't have to be expensive coilover, just some trophey,driftday coupon, and/or suspenion/brake parts will be great.
Can't remember how many time I've seen so call "Drift" cars with clean fenders that arn't even rubbed by any tires and still have fender liners.
Word to people looking to get sponsored, save up your money and go out there to events, show your skills instead of talking about it.
Cheers,

Sam
How about let him run his company the way he wants? Especially since it can be used as a tax write-off. Yeah, let someone blow their car for some coilovers. The losers will walk away with more miles and harm done to their cars because "Sam" thinks that posers should have their bluffs called.

No intelligent person will enter a drift contest just for some trophey,driftday coupon, and/or suspenion/brake parts. That is just plain ridiculous. But then again, maturity and wisdom dictate that direction.

Those so called "drift cars" are what keeps you and your inflated pricing biz lucrative. Considering that some show cars are sponsored just for their looks and such, as they will get coverage on mags, ads, and even the specialty show.

Basically, them posers keep you in business, pay your bills and give you the money you need so you can buy that Jumbo Jack hamburger from Jack-in-tha-crack...

Additionally, it is not really a handout if the sponsored vehicle is used as a billboard for the said sponsor. Advertising costs money. You should know, you gotta pay to play.

driftfactory,
Good idea you have there. I know someone will make you proud.
zero.counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:15 AM   #35
North240
Zilvia Junkie

North240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Deffinitly want to thank DF for an oppertunity for anyone (s14) across the USA to turn in a Appl. Its about pushing the sport forward in all areas not just west coast. My car isnt anything special but i drive hard, i'll through in a appilication just for kicks!

Sam a competition is a great idea, why doesn't jspec sponser one?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:12 AM   #36
AzNCmB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
AzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond reputeAzNCmB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AzNCmB
hmmm....i have the same setup as mainevent212 execpt for the nismo 2 way, spl endlinks, and sr...

o yea, i also have a nismo power brace, kazama rucas, spl t/c rods, and tein tie rods that will be installed by this week or next week...no time due to school and work...

I have a question...is this for drift events only? does any scca events count?
AzNCmB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #37
driftfactory
Zilvia Member

driftfactory is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa
Instead of giving handouts especially to poser or what not, why not have it as 1st prize for a underground drift compeition?
Make them earn it instead of spoon feeding, go out and prove you are good.
There are so many events like DG trail, NW(Nico)drift, Landho(Shogun Cup), Driftday Compeitition, and Just drift(Competition).
Sure there's always will be D1 and Formula D competition, but so many other one that will need sponsorship and make drifting grow.
It doesn't have to be expensive coilover, just some trophey,driftday coupon, and/or suspenion/brake parts will be great.
Can't remember how many time I've seen so call "Drift" cars with clean fenders that arn't even rubbed by any tires and still have fender liners.
Word to people looking to get sponsored, save up your money and go out there to events, show your skills instead of talking about it.
Cheers,

Sam
I don't know why you would assume that we are giving a hand out to a poser. There are plenty of guys out there that are pretty good and getting better. They do go to local events (one of our requirements btw) and they drive well, but they don’t compete. When you compete you have to drive balls out. That’s all there is to it. A lot of guys spend every last dollar on tires and entry fees, not bothering to enter competition because their car needs to get them to work the next day and they cannot afford to crash it. Sorry Sam but not everyone is looking to be in D1. Some people drift because it is fun and only because it is fun. They should have a shot at a part here or there as well. I know plenty of guys that love drifting but competing is just out of reach for financial reasons. Others just don’t want to compete because they just want to go out, have a good time, and do what they love to do without the pressure of winning or losing. What’s wrong with that? The guys that are really good will get sponsors with time, that is not the point of this particular sponsorship. We are just hoping to make someone’s drift day just a little more enjoyable.
driftfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 02:01 PM   #38
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
wow, the second time i EVER drifted was Drift Day Competition 2. I could afford it. My car didn't break. I did it for fun. i had fun. i learned a lot. i will do the next one hopefully. i drive my car EVERY day, to school, work, misc. places.
Sam has a great point. The smaller drift events like this would be a great thing to sponsor. It wouldn't even have to be the winner that gets the prize from you. You could give it to whoever you think did the best.
See, some random guy could send in an application to you just to get a set of coilovers out of it. He might rarely drive his car, maybe just the events you require him to do. I don't think that is the right person to get the product. I'm not saying this scenario WOULD happen, but, it COULD happen.
Sam was not suggesting D1, he was suggesting local small events. Maybe you are just too high and mighty to realize what these events are. You sponsor D1 right? what about Shogun Cup or just drift comps? even heard of those? They are all local and feature local people who don't have sponsors and for the most part, drive every day cars.

Anyways, i really don't think you know what is going on. Sponsor these coilovers to whoever you want. I'll continue to do every event i can, and every competition i can. i do it for fun.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:30 PM   #39
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
wow, the second time i EVER drifted was Drift Day Competition 2. I could afford it. My car didn't break. I did it for fun. i had fun. i learned a lot. i will do the next one hopefully. i drive my car EVERY day, to school, work, misc. places.
Sam has a great point. The smaller drift events like this would be a great thing to sponsor. It wouldn't even have to be the winner that gets the prize from you. You could give it to whoever you think did the best.
See, some random guy could send in an application to you just to get a set of coilovers out of it. He might rarely drive his car, maybe just the events you require him to do. I don't think that is the right person to get the product. I'm not saying this scenario WOULD happen, but, it COULD happen.
Sam was not suggesting D1, he was suggesting local small events. Maybe you are just too high and mighty to realize what these events are. You sponsor D1 right? what about Shogun Cup or just drift comps? even heard of those? They are all local and feature local people who don't have sponsors and for the most part, drive every day cars.

Anyways, i really don't think you know what is going on. Sponsor these coilovers to whoever you want. I'll continue to do every event i can, and every competition i can. i do it for fun.

Good point Brian, but that would only make the sponsership available to local people.

I drive my car daily too. I try and make it out to the events that I can but driving down to socal (where almost all those events are) is a PITA just for one event. Ill do it once in awhile but its tiring. Which is why NorCal sucks for now but theres more and more events comming so thats good. Event next weekend. IM THERE!

anyways, I think he just wants to make it fair for people, local and not.
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #40
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Thats okay, anything outside of SoCal sucks anyways.

(note: For anyone who doesn't recognize my sarcasm)
((Note: if you still dont get it, i was joking.))
Old 04-12-2005, 04:05 PM   #41
p11driver
Zilvia Junkie

p11driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to p11driver
I agree with brian completely. I think the coilovers should go to someone who has earned them. Not from writing a story about why, but proving why with thier drifting talent.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:27 PM   #42
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think I got rid of the My car is better than you car BS.

If you are not interested in the sponsorship of your S14 don't post.
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:54 PM   #43
North240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftfactory
Some people drift because it is fun and only because it is fun. They should have a shot at a part here or there as well. What’s wrong with that? We are just hoping to make someone’s drift day just a little more enjoyable.
Well said and nice to hear from a company

As for making someone earn their coilovers then you have to either only open it up to socal, or hold a million drift comps. Not to mention this is easy to organize compared to setting up and running an event.

Heaven forbid a company tries to reach out to the average joe in the 240 community
Old 04-12-2005, 10:34 PM   #44
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
why not request videos?

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:26 AM   #45
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
cause not everyone has or can make a video? either dont know how or dont have access to a digicam.
Drift Unit
ootranceformeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:27 AM   #46
North240
Zilvia Junkie

send one in, you might have a better shot at it
Old 04-15-2005, 01:27 PM   #47
driftfactory
Zilvia Member

Videos are not a bad idea to send in. We get quite a few and it does give us a good idea of your ability. But the reality is we cannot judge completely on that. What if someone sends a video of their car with someone else at the wheel? How would we know? So, as you see we have to take everything into account. The last guy we sponsored was in Iowa and he we very involved in the planning of local drift days in his area. He wasn't in socal but he was still out there growing the sport and having fun. If this was only open to locals people like him would never have a shot.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:38 PM   #48
Siizzzoooo
Zilvia FREAK!

Siizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really nice
so whats the specific criteria that YOU are looking for? I'm interested
Old 04-15-2005, 02:00 PM   #49
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Did you guys recieve my proposal?
I never heard back.

blu808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:09 PM   #50
d4vech3n
Zilvia Member

d4vech3n is an unknown quantity at this point
doesn't look like you need it. lol
d4vech3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:22 PM   #51
driftfactory
Zilvia Member

We are receiving a lot of applications and we are unable to respond to the all applications we have received. If you want to make sure that we receive your applications we suggest that you send your emails with read receipts.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:34 PM   #52
Siizzzoooo
Zilvia FREAK!

Siizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really nice
am I retarded, or what? Is there a direct link to the sponsorship page?

I'm seeing nothing on the main page
Old 04-15-2005, 03:46 PM   #53
matlock
Zilvia FREAK!

matlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siizzzoooo
am I retarded, or what? Is there a direct link to the sponsorship page?

I'm seeing nothing on the main page
*Cough* FIRST PAGE FIRST POST *Cough* but there you go anyways....
http://www.driftfactory.com/sponsor.php
matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:17 PM   #54
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
i think certain systems will not show the link

because i have the same problem...dont be so quick to try to flame people.

i dont think anyone is stupid enough to just miss the link.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:00 AM   #55
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
well i submited my application. that is if they ever get my email. oh well...
Old 06-23-2005, 03:56 PM   #56
driftfactory
Zilvia Member

Drift Factory would like to congratulate Jonathan Adams as our Kei Office sponsorship winner!

We would like to thank all of you who applied for this sponsorship. We received many great applications, making our choice very difficult.

We apologize for the delay but we took our time reading through each application, one by one, until we could finally reach a decision.

Again, we appreciate the effort from every person who applied. We were impressed by the apparent dedication of many up and coming drifters.

More sponsorships to come, so check back again.

To learn more about Jonathan and his S14 Click here.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:10 PM   #57
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftfactory
OT: I'm wondering if DF is in need of a graphic designer. I was the manager of WSU:ITS' Graphics Lab for 3 years before switching roles to sysadmin...

You guys REALLY need some graphical help, I see some good concepts, but a lack of training... a lot of your company oriented graphics are inconceivably cliche' to those in the industry; ask anyone in print marketting or graphic design.

Note this is CONSTRUCTIVE criticism

Not that I need more to do, far from it.
However, I think as a business DF would do much better with a more professional graphical eye. Hire a professional consultant. Cheap 1 filter effects and bevel layer effects are too 1997 for the level you guys are at.

edit: ok, that sounded like me trying to sell myself, so forget that first part entirely. All i'm trying to say, is that your graphics should be indicative of your professionalism.

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #58
janko
Leaky Injector

janko is a well-known jackass
Guy looks like a total tool bag.

Quote:
He says that he would love to go SR one of these days, and he's only getting closer.
Gay
Old 06-23-2005, 04:32 PM   #59
driftfactory
Zilvia Member

Truth is, we would love to have a full time graphic designer, we would love to have a lot of things. But the reality is that we are a new company and we have limited resources and time. I appreciate constructive criticism because it's what has helped us improve over the last couple of years.

We fully realize that we cannot please everyone and while a lot of people enjoy our site, others wish it would be laid out differently (including graphics I'm sure). But that applies to virtually every site, every store.

Prior to creating this site, I had very little experience with Photoshop and Dreamweaver but I am constantly learning.

In any case, your opinion is duly noted and hopefully we will have more time to spend on graphics on our site. In the meanwhile, our first priority is always customer service and shipping times. This is why we have not had the time we would like to spend on our own project car because business hours are strictly devoted to customer inquiries, shipments etc and everything else is put on the backburner, including website graphics.

I agree with you that graphics are one of many factors that affect a customer's perception of a company, but we feel that customer service and attention to orders is even more important.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:16 PM   #60
North240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko
Guy looks like a total tool bag.

Gay
Coming from a spec v driver, wow thanks for your opinion.