Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-23-2005, 04:16 PM   #1
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 So, I bought a new hatch for my S13

Well, a few weeks ago I bought an spoiler-free OEM hatch off EBay for about $180 total. When I asked the buyer whether the hatch had any rust the answer was no.

Surprise, surprise! Upon inspection of the hatch I found several rust spots on the hatch. The rust is mostly superficial and a million times better than what I currently have on my S13 (the spots where that "quality" foam spoiler sits have completely rusted through in typical 240 style).

Now, I'm thinking about using electrolysis to get rid of the rust on the new hatch, but I don't know if it's worth it.

Should I keep the new hatch and clean it up or should I ask the seller for my money back ?
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
someguy_240
Zilvia Member

someguy_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to someguy_240
i say he gave you faulty information, and you should bitch! Or did you request a rust infested hatch?
but depending how far he is and blah blah blah and it might be too much hassel. i dont know i would definetely feel robbed and wanna go kick his ass.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
CylonFrakker
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
CylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond reputeCylonFrakker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CylonFrakker
Kick his ass CBASS

UGR.....SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES....
CylonFrakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:31 PM   #4
toreno
Zilvia Member

toreno has a little shameless behavior in the past
you paid 180 for a hatch? good lord!
toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:25 PM   #5
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue

Now, I'm thinking about using electrolysis to get rid of the rust on the new hatch, but I don't know if it's worth it.
if its under the spoiler, and you're putting another spoiler on, or if you need to repaint (which you probably do), you'll find that sand paper will be much cheaper

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:31 PM   #6
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ask for 80 bucks back and keep the hatch. sand the rust if it's so superficial. or use that stuff that converts rust to primer. i dunno how well that stuff works though.
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:33 PM   #7
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm driftaholic
ask for 80 bucks back and keep the hatch. sand the rust if it's so superficial. or use that stuff that converts rust to primer. i dunno how well that stuff works though.
not well at all

expect it to bubble up again very soon

its best used after you sand it and clean it
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote