Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #151
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Tire pressure should be between 12-15psi, 10psi is the lower limit.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #152
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
I got on the mickey t site and for street radials i thought it said 8-10 psi. I started at 15 psi and I think my fastest pass was with them set at 15. But I'm going dyno before I go racing again. I was shifting into 4th before the line though. Reving out to 7800rpm
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #153
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Tire pressure should be between 12-15psi, 10psi is the lower limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
I got on the mickey t site and for street radials i thought it said 8-10 psi. I started at 15 psi and I think my fastest pass was with them set at 15. But I'm going dyno before I go racing again. I was shifting into 4th before the line though. Reving out to 7800rpm
Correction to my original post. I'm assuming your street radials are 275's and should be run between 14-18psi no lower than 11psi.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #154
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
Ran a 12.4 this weekend. Still spinning 2nd alot and 3rd a little. Bet 60' was 1.93. I need to get on a dyno cause one of the cars I raced was a stock 5.0 2012 and he launched a little better, I almost caught him in 2nd busted loost. Theso he got ahead again. Then hit 3rd and i end up being a car length ahead when we crossed the line.

For times like this I really wonder how effective the boost by gear, boost by rpm, and traction control tuning available in the aem stand alone could be.
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #155
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
I'm using an apexi avcr to control boost. I know I'm setting it and its staying because I double check it using my mechanical gauge and the boost gauge on the controler
Old 06-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #156
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Also I can only make so much boost up until the point I break loose.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #157
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
For times like this I really wonder how effective the boost by gear, boost by rpm, and traction control tuning available in the aem stand alone could be.
I know from the FWD world that it's pointless. Much easier to make up for traction with a taller tire and a longer burnout

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #158
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Traction is hard to get in a fwd anyways.

But as far as the op blowing off the tires I wasnt suggesting anything is wrong with your boost controller. What I was saying is with aem ems you can have it run different boost at different rpms, different gears and different wheel speeds to reduce the chance of spinning. Then if it detects wheel spin you can have it further reduce boost. If it is still detecting boost you can have it reduce timing or cut it ect to detune the engine until traction is regained. I have never messed with it personally but it does seem like there are tons of tuning ability to help with traction. I just wonder if its any faster than working your foot. Most traction control systems I have seen let you spin too long, rob too much power when it comes on, and then lets it rip again with too much power (rinse and repeat)
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #159
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
Hey man, if you end up with any questions about the engine setup let me know. My GTX3076R sleeved/solid lifter SR is now tuned, stable and daily driven. I have about a thousand miles on it now.

With sticky 275/40/17 NT05s it will just barely stick third in a straight line. 1st and 2nd will spin when boost hits. I just got a new GoPro Hero cam and will have video to post soon. I wouldn't mind going to the drag strip for fun, but if I mounted up drag radials I probably would break an axle and I don't want to spend $1,800 for the Mazworks axles.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #160
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah. The acvr has gear based biist and rpm based boost control. Only running 22-23 psi in third. I don't want to break shit either. But before I hit the track up again I want to see what kind of power I'm making
Old 06-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #161
jr_ss
Post Whore!

You're probably going to have to keep the boost relatively low in first and second. Wastegate pressure would be your best bet in first gear. In second you may want to bump it up 3-5psi and then by third you should be able to lay it full on.

It also sounds like you need to heat those tires up more and do a burn out through the line.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #162
s13Kurt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
s13Kurt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You need a real slick, and a good 2nd gear burnout. 26.5 et streets and turn up the boost!
s13Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #163
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Race fuel in the 240 and 30psi. Its a scary machine. Didn't even do a 4th gear pull. One close call with a cop who flipped his radar on to late. Then later pulled over for being to loud by a bored cop. The nissan is safely back in the drive way. Rpms r crazy fast. Before u hsve the petal mashed in 1st your shifting to 2nd then 3rd . Boost controller is maxed out. Waste gate never opens turbo is spoolling all the way to redline. I need 1000more rpm cayse this 7800 shift is killing me lol
Old 07-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #164
jr_ss
Post Whore!

So how about that dyno sheet...
Old 07-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #165
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

They canceled the dyno day for today. I am jus going call and schedual one for friday I think
Old 07-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #166
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Dyno scheduled for five on friday wish me luck
Old 08-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #167
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

490 hp 454 ft lbs at 25psi
Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #168
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

walk around of the car

Last edited by idahotuner; 08-19-2013 at 10:33 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #169
joe3180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
joe3180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
link doesn't work
joe3180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #170
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Fixed it the link
Old 08-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #171
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What octane fuel and boost were you running in the dyno chart posted?
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #172
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

110 rc fuel and 25psi
Old 08-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #173
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Tq dropped because my boost gauge popped off the vacuum line for it at the intake manifold