Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:35 AM   #31
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
tabasco122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
wow, thats fail. yeah i know how it goes though, i keep a pair of z32 rotors in the car to drive up on when i need to jack it up. im too low for ramps though, need 2x4s for them
tabasco122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #32
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
yeah i normally use 2x4s also.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #33
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Well got some greasy work done today, finished belting the tyranny and starter, and installed the rear diff in its housing. And I put the an fittings in the block and on the turbo, also installed the rear turbo coolant lines since Mazworx sent me the wrong coolant line. I was going delete it but not now. Freaking sucks having to put that on and tighten it down.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #34
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

well a new page so its time for some pictures.

i wired in my resistors for my injectors today, after much searching an a thread on here asking about it i learned that i was that they needed to be wired into these 4 red wires

and got them wrapped up

what it looked likewhen done

and i wired in my injector clips.

and i figured out where i am going to put my afrg

it works for me, and i dont need to see the stock coolant temp since i have an after market one.

and put the turbo studs in to see how the clearance would be for getting the nuts on them. going have to trip down a couple i think cause the full race manifold has a weld below the flange that doesnt allow the stud to screw all the way into flange.
then i put my intake on,and turbo and wastegate

just kinda playing with how it will look, let me tell you i tried picking this all up together and deff adding some weight. but i make up for it by installing my cs headlight lenses plastic vs glass the whole headlight housing weighs about the same as the glass by its self.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #35
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

going to go back out maybe and finish soldering the fuel system wiring harness up. got ot mount my 2nd fuel pump first so i can figure out wire lengths. going to mount it on he fire wall right under the wind shield wiper solenoid, in stalling a fuel pump killswitch to as an antitheft mesasure, for when the car actually makesit out of the wood
Old 10-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #36
csramotorsports
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
csramotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sweet! lovin the build. I'm in the middle of a 2.0 87mm build, z33 tranny, q45 diff/axles, pt6262. Yours looks great!
csramotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #37
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

thanks its coming along. going to do clean up on it this winter, with rear over fenders and clean up the wiring harness. carpet, harness bar, and racing seats. along with a simple stero system. then hopefully i can quit dumping money into it.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #38
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Not much for pictures today. But I did accomplish a lot. Got the inline fuel pump mounted and wired in with a relay and fuse. Got the intake pump relay mounted and wired in. Just have to connect the wires to the pump and wire the relay kill switch.

Got the differential all sealed up with fluid. And in the car and axels bolted together and drive shaft put in. Tranny filled with fluid. B and m shifter put in and bolted down.

Aem wide band gauge mounted and wired in. So coming together waiting for the headlight pigtails to come so I can wire them in. But a couple more days in the shop like today and it will be together quickly
Old 10-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #39
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
I must say i am disappointed with the JWT fuel rail. its method of connecting to the manifold leave alot to be desired, def not worth what they charge. trying to get the injectors to seat straight and the holes in the rail dont line up with any bolt hole on the manifold. i will make some custom brackets and then get it to work, but kinda sucks
It's not the fuel rail.. It's the Ebay Intake Manifold tapping holes just where they feel like. I would seriously consider looking for a more proven Intake manifold even custom if you plan to make some serious power. Maybe even adding Q45 TB while your at it. GL!

SoCal KA24DET/KA24ET Owners
<< Join the FB Group >>
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #40
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Its an Isis intake manifold. I don't have a stock fuel rail to see if them holes line up. But I think jwt tried making the rail to universal. In the directions it uses the bolts that secure the manifold too the head as mounting points. Seems like a lot of people have that problem with this fuel rail. The q45 throttle has crossed my mind. But I might wait tell I go stand along with a map setup.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #41
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

well i think i might drop down to 235s in the back it will be cheaper then over fenders. and sell my 275s here is a pic of 235s i nthe back
i can have the suspension set softer with no preload and the car should handle alot better.

finished wiring up the fuel pump relays and kill switch today.

relay mounted nicely

i think it turned out good and should work great.
got to go extend my maf wiring. and wire my head lights still but not that big of deal, now that the main wiring is over.

got to finish fabing up my lower hot pipe, the welder called and said the stuff i dropped off is finished, so i can pick that up monday and hopefully have my hot pipe dropped off then.

now its basically just making those injector mounting tabs.

started pouring rain earlier but thankfully it didnt last long but i am just crossing my fingers that it doesnt turn into snow for atleast a month.
well of to do a trash run i nthe ranger, if i can keep the dogs out of it, they love riding in it, the one on the left will sit in it for hours waiting fora ride.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #42
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Well extended my maf wiring. Now just waiting for my headlight pig tails. And I will be done wiring. Cept maybe a toggle switch for my scramble boost.

Just got a notification that my Ecu is on its way back. So come on full race with my down pipe.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #43
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

yes the tech section is back!

well here are some updates

test fit the mazworxs turbo lines since they were designed to work with their kit not full races i had to shorten the all ready short water line so i could weave it through the manifold to the turbo

made some brackets for the fuel rail, seem to work good, i just got some refining of them to do.

got my inter cooler elbow back with the BOV flange welded on, here is its new location.

and finished cutting and peicing together my two piece hot pipes to work with the full race kit

also got my head lights wired up, the h4 beam has highs and lows in the outside brick then the inside brick is the fog light, i have it wired so the fogs are on with the high beams, but they still have a slight glow with the dims i am not sure its its feed back from the ground wire for the dims but works so eeeehhhhhhh

the clear lenses make a hell of a difference

got some 245s put on the rear, the aspect ratio is alot more then i want,being a 45 i would like a 40 but they fit so i will use them for now.

painted my turbo intake pipe ended up being the opposite of the theme i had planed for it.

then i made a BMC heat sheild, i am getting a turbo blanket and going to wrap the down pipe should be good for keeping heat in

waiting on those hot pipes and my down pipe still,
i got my turn from enthalpy and have been trying to get a simple stereo wired in but mounting the head unit isnt quite as easy as i planed since the ecu is in the glove box and i have gauges in the center counsel
Old 11-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #44
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

nice to see it coming along
Old 11-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #45
boostin13b
Leaky Injector

boostin13b is a well-known jackass
That fuel rail mounting looks a little rough, I've got some fuel rails I made that will mount a bit nicer if you are interested. Made for the same injectors, I'm running MSD 50lbs ATM and tossing in some Precision 1000cc's once I install the Isis manifold. I've got one of them mocked up with an Isis manifold right now if you want to see. Here is the link, the rails are the ones pictured on the carbon hood. http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/41831...istor-box.html

I might be going to be going 90mm 2.2 very soon as well, I'm interested to know what results you get. I gotta tear the motor down here soon to see what damage we have......
boostin13b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:38 PM   #46
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

yeah the brackets are rough, i am going to clean them up though and make it better lol. the hold the injectors in snug and square though. i wish that there was sleeves like a stock honda top feed uses to bolt their rails to the manifold on this rail i dont like all these 90* bends to hold it in place
Old 11-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #47
driftrkp
Zilvia Member

driftrkp is an unknown quantity at this point
nice build just finished one just like it not to long ago. i say ditch that maf ur using and buy a ford svt lighting maf thats what we are running and made 520whp at 26psi on race gas (108 oct) with nistune and its a reallllllyyyyyyy safe tune, alot more left in it
driftrkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #48
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

z32 maf should be plenty good and i already have my enthalpy tune for it, sweet deal making that much power on only 26 i am hoping for 550 around 30 psi, where are you located, dayton?
Old 11-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #49
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

well been waiting for my down pipe to come, and
it should finally be here tomorrow
Old 11-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #50
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

win, what do you have left for it?
Old 11-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #51
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

just got to pick up the hot pipe and bolt on the down pipe for the most part.

i did drop it down on its wheels, took moving the jack twice, and 2 brake rotors and about 8 2x4 chunks haha, any lower and i think i wouldnt make it out of the shop.

and i pulled the zilvia grill apart and put just the back peice in

i do need to bolt the entire exhaust system on, and need to file down acouple of the exhaust studs
Old 11-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #52
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

yeah, thats about how low mine is, i just keep 2 z32 brake rotors in the trunk and i dont have any issues

actually i think mine is a smidge higher

i had it lower, but i wanted to raise it so i wouldnt fuck up my nur spec.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #53
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

what size wheels and tires are those
Old 11-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #54
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

ummm, 16" square wheels from enjuku. 16x9 4 lug. the back i have 225/50 and the front i have 205/50 i think

kumho ecsta ast's on the front (cheap shitty tires)
hankook ventus rs3's on the rear. these fuckers hook. i cut a 1.8 60 foot on these bitches with an open diff.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #55
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

yeah i was going say your fender gab is huge compared to mine they must be smaller wheels
Old 11-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #56
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

yeah, i need wide fenders to lower it any more, or run even more camber
Old 11-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #57
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

awe, must be the angel of the picture then haha
Old 11-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #58
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Don't even waste your money on DW injectors. ID injectors are fairly cheap and are some of the best ones on the market right now. Go top feed for your goals, screw sidefeed.

Edit your post too, in some places it looks like you were drunk typing this.
I have to agree...they are a great company but if you are building a serious setup and want to be 100% sure that the injectors are what they say they are and lag times, setup and tuning etc are locked down get high impedance Side Feed, Denso or Nismo style direct replacement injectors. When people skimp on this part of their setup it causes all kinds of issues and they spend all kinds of time trying to track down the correct adjustments to get working.

Looks like you went with Top Feed GM style injectors? What size are you going with? Also what EMS or ECU are you using/going to use?

Looks great! Reminds me of my last GT30 car...very very fast car...
Old 11-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #59
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
I have to agree...they are a great company but if you are building a serious setup and want to be 100% sure that the injectors are what they say they are and lag times, setup and tuning etc are locked down get high impedance Side Feed, Denso or Nismo style direct replacement injectors. When people skimp on this part of their setup it causes all kinds of issues and they spend all kinds of time trying to track down the correct adjustments to get working.

Looks like you went with Top Feed GM style injectors? What size are you going with? Also what EMS or ECU are you using/going to use?

Looks great! Reminds me of my last GT30 car...very very fast car...
thanks for checking it out steve, i have followed alot of projects and information you have posted on. i ended up getting 96lb msd injectors, the tune i have for now a a dual enthalpy tune. mostly to get the car running, depending on AFR and how the car performs on the tune, i might
go AEM stand alone. I already had one tune so this was a reflash, with the addition of a race fuel tune.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #60
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

fed ex dropped this off

two month wait and its here

and this stickier came with my order from turbo junky