Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #61
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Have you ran the car with the Ethalpy tune before, how is it?
i just sent mine in a few days ago for my build also but i'm going iwth e85.
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #62
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
i have had two tunes by him already and both ran great. so i dont expect less from this one
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #63
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
what ya guys think. it would be centered up and down and side to side?

goal is to have it fired up by the end of the week
Old 11-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #64
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
tabasco122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
no lol 10char
tabasco122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #65
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Yeah, I'm going to have to say no as well. It's not a Datsun...
Old 11-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #66
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

haha yeah, thats the consensus, i just found it and set in there.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #67
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

We'll got my manifold and down pipe. And waste gate and dump tube on. Just got to tighten down the turbo bolts now and bolt intercooler piping up. Fill the fluids and fire it up!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #68
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

got alot of stuff done today, exhaust all bolted on, intercooler piping all bolted up and pressure tested for vacuum leaks and boost leaks, intake and maf all bolted up.

I had a weird thing happen, the ground wire on my maf, the wire you dont use from the z32 maf to the sr harness, that you typically ground to the chassi had a melt down, when i went to prime the fuel lines, all i have done is lengthen the wires for the maf, didnt change anything at all. so i cut the wire.

and this jw fuel rail is being a pain in the butt, my budy came over and we tried a bunch of different fuel rail bracket designs, went from one injetor leaking, to all 4, to 2. just getting the angle right, other then that i could fire it up, got some minor little things i got to do still but as soon as this injector problem is fixed, it will be fired up
Old 01-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #69
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
in for some dyno graphs hopefully sometime soon
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #70
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

THE 240 starts! just got to do a little fuel pressure adjustment, as it was running 11.3 AFR, and need to set spark timing, broke a stupid coil pack bolt off, so i got to ez out it, and get a new one. damn does the turbo sound sexy, sorry no video yet, i was to busy being excited!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #71
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

well after realizing the fuel was bad, i now have her firing up again. i may need a new coil pack though. but she is starting atleast. i need to readjust the cas timing now. then see if we can get a video uploaded
Old 02-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #72
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
well after realizing the fuel was bad, i now have her firing up again. i may need a new coil pack though. but she is starting atleast. i need to readjust the cas timing now. then see if we can get a video uploaded
i got a set of coilpacks ill sell you. let me know!
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #73
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
Awesome, I'm glad it was as easy as bad gas lol.
di-devol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #74
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

engine bay just about ready to go, just got to mount the AVCR silanoid.

sexy turbo, i am wondering if the turbo setup can rev out to 9000 because i am thinking about doing solid lift cams in the future.

what better use for a washington lisence plate
as a splash sheild for my intake

and here is how it looks on the inside

rear suspension needs adjusted a little more

Old 02-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #75
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

also mounted this around my fender hole so it doesnt rub through the intercooler piping
Old 02-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #76
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

mounted avcr silanoid under bmc to keep the vacuum lines as short as possible. And it will be on the back side of the heat sheild to protect it. fan wiring corrected, and the defi controller mounted and regrounded, fumes in the shop forced me to leave because i am urethaning a log bed i made for my wife and i
Old 04-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #77
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Well got her running and took her for a drive. Pumpped the bad fuel out. Put 5 gallons 92 in. Then it sat for about a month while I went to school. Came back ordered a z32 Isis maf. Got 5 gallons from our tank of 87 and she fired up. So when I drove it into town I took it easy. It had 93+87 mix so like 89 in the tank but 92 in the line. I was just going about 25% throttle never wot. 10 psi came on clean and strong for about 8 mins and damn the wastegate sounds harass when it opens up. Only twelve inch dump pipe. But when the 92 was burnt out of the lines and the 87+92 mix kicked in as soon as it hit boost I felt it retard timing as soon as hit hit any boost. Then when I topped it off with 100 I could tell it wasn't retarding. But it would miss right at 4 psi and just keep missing at anything above that. But at partial throttle still it pulled smooth off boost and up to 4 psi.

It actually hit 4 psi in 4 th gear at 3000 rpms and third gear it hit 4 psi at 3500 Rpms.

So I think some new coils. And cooler spark plugs. And a little timing adjustment should get it fixed.

Also its over heating while driving in and out of my 2 mile drive way under 15 MPH. But as soon as I get on the high way. It runs the normal temp. I might get a cooler thermostat. And the electric fans were working but now seem to be flaky. I know they are wired up right.

But normal to have some things to sort out which is normal.

But over all seems fine. Some good off boost power. But I am back to work. Four. Ten hour days 400 miles from home. So only get to mess with it on the weekends.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #78
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

any fuel that was in your line was out of the line and mixed with what was in your tank after less than 2 seconds of it running
Old 04-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #79
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Weird. Must have just not mixed well in the tank. Cause I got two good pulls then retarded timing until I got that 100 octane in.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #80
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Took that long for your knock sensor to realize you were already doing damage
Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #81
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Strange. I was babying it to the 100 fill up. About 12 miles
Old 04-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #82
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

I guess it probably was all of 10 secs
Old 04-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #83
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

well, I cannot wait to see some results either way.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #84
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks. Its feels awesome even off Boost just reving to 3500 next u know your breaking 100. If I can get these issues resolved. I got a Dyno date the 29th. Found 100 octane for 5.30 a gallon though
Old 04-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #85
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

are you getting it at an airport?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #86
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Yep LOL. I need a funnel damn nozzle doesn't fit in my tank.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #87
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Make an adapter out of some plastic or a brass pipe...
Old 04-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #88
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah I will figure it out.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #89
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

spitfire coils and ngk9s on the way.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #90
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Well new plugs and split fire coils fixed the missing in boost. Pulls damn good now. Just got to get a crank case relief set up made. And depending on the weekend how it goes might hit up a mustangs Dyno for a low boost pull sunday