Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #121
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
cranked her up to 17 psi and took this video in 3rd gear passing idahotuner nissan sr22det gt30r twin scroll 3rd gear pull - YouTube
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #122
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
trying to get on a dyno sunday to see what she puts down, would just be on pump gas though
Old 04-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #123
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Old 04-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #124
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

put 300 miles on the car saturday, drove around our lake twice, it was a good drive , the first time i was running avgas, smelled like rotten eggs behind me haha from the sulfur and lead. but not a single problem, other then it wasted to kick out on me in the cover and one missed shift, now just to tune the avcr some more so boost comes on harder.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #125
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
You have some sweet ass roads to go cruise up here. I'm currently in Sandpoint for business and it's probably one of the most scenic places I've traveled thus far. Wish I had time to come down and check the car out in person, however I fly out early tomorrow afternoon.

Looking forward to dyno sheets.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:45 AM   #126
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Should have hit me up. I was in cda on Saturday. Trying to get on the dyno. But I want an hr not three runs
Old 05-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #127
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Ran the 1/4 today best was a 13.14 no traction 1-3rd. Going put the 275s back on and lower air pressure and somestock rear suspension. Be a low 11 for sure
Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #128
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
What was your trap mph? Ever get it on the dyno?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #129
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
What was your trap mph? Ever get it on the dyno?
Quote:
Ran the 1/4 today best was a 13.14 no traction 1-3rd. Going put the 275s back on and lower air pressure and somestock rear suspension. Be a low 11 for sure
To be this confident, he would have had to trap 126+ at that ET
But 13.14 you wouldn't even qualify for pinks!lol!!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #130
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

I was traping 114 so I think it can be done. But I never made it to a dyno. Being trying to set one up but shops haven't got back to me
Old 05-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #131
jr_ss
Post Whore!

With those traps and a 1.7-1.8 60ft you'd be in the high 11's.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #132
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

What if I hook up in every gear lol
Old 05-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #133
jr_ss
Post Whore!

That remains to be seen... A 491whp hatch ran low 11's but he was having traction issues as well.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #134
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Tom N is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
114mph will put you in the upper 11`s with a 1.7 60ft.
Also keep in mind that improving your 60ft will lower your et and also slightly lower your trap speed. If you are getting 2.2-2.3 60fts and you improve them to 1.7 with proper tires/suspension you will trap a little less mph wise but cross the finish line much sooner.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #135
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

yeah i serious spun all the way to red line in 3rd gear. I’m suppose to be picking up some slicks and some stock suspension, 11 inch slicks, just need to find some 16 inch wheels, i thing i have some behind my shop but not sure, i have a feeling my tranny isn’t going hold up
Old 05-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #136
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

the first guy i ran against ran a 10.9 at 140. but he had a reaction time of -.17
Old 05-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #137
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

Your spinning all the way through 3rd gear on the track?
What do you have low profile 225's?
Old 05-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #138
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

245/45/17s I think the rubber is hard on them and neg camber is making the contact patch real narrow. And 30psi in them.there are wide 245s 10 in
Old 05-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #139
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahotuner View Post
245/45/17s I think the rubber is hard on them and neg camber is making the contact patch real narrow. And 30psi in them.there are wide 245s 10 in
Lowering air pressure on a regular street radial wont help and can actually hurt. Having stanced out camber will definitely not work on a car actually meant to be fast.

Like to see what kind of torque this set up makes. Your tranny is going to like it.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #140
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Get some drag tires for sure. I actually like Bias stuff, radials are hard on stuff.

With that much tire spin it's hard to deduct anything from the car other than it moves pretty well.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #141
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

bias a brand or a tread design
Old 05-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #142
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Bias ply is a tire type... It's built differently than normal street tires.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #143
240knockout
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
240knockout is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Just spent an hour reading your thread. I'm the guy who bought your Greddy intake mani back in dec 2010. My car still sits :-(
Time or lack thereof sucks man! Glad you are back in the saddle....more vids please.
240knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #144
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

i hav videos just haven’t uploaded them next weekend is going be the car fill weekend, drag race friday and dyne saturday, i just hope i don’t brake shit friday
Old 06-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #145
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

well got my stock suspension on, one side seems to sit a little lower then the other but hey i think i will grip better. got these babies to

Old 06-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #146
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Ran a 12.4 this weekend. Still spinning 2nd alot and 3rd a little. Bet 60' was 1.93. I need to get on a dyno cause one of the cars I raced was a stock 5.0 2012 and he launched a little better, I almost caught him in 2nd busted loost. Theso he got ahead again. Then hit 3rd and i end up being a car length ahead when we crossed the line.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #147
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

What was your mph?
You should ge able to get a much better 60ft that a 1.93 with those DR's
Old 06-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #148
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

116 mph was running pretty consistently
Old 06-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #149
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

I kept turning the boost down in 2nd. Cause no matter hiw much I heated them uo they busted loose. And the track wasn't prepped very well
Old 06-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #150
Tom N
Zilvia Addict

With that mph you should be in the 11's
How much air pressure you have in them? Are you warming them up good?