Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #61
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita Orange View Post
its $30 for your choice of either home premium or pro from their student discount deal. Windows 7 US Online Store - Student Registration
Thats only for the download link, with no backup disk. You mustve not went all the way to checkout, they have this option where if you want a DVD disk backup along with the download link. itll be another 13.99, which is what I did.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #62
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Im hoping they hook us beta testers with a free copy.

i got 2 copies of Vista ultimate for free from one of their programs before.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #63
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita Orange View Post
its $30 for your choice of either home premium or pro from their student discount deal. Windows 7 US Online Store - Student Registration

I have already pre-ordered it, but I have heard no word from Microsoft yet. I am thinking about ordering that one too, and flip it on ebay or something.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #64
Mita Orange
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
Mita Orange is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Thats only for the download link, with no backup disk. You mustve not went all the way to checkout, they have this option where if you want a DVD disk backup along with the download link. itll be another 13.99, which is what I did.
Yeah i opted for pro with the backup disk i was just throwing it out there that you could get it for $30 but yeah download only.
Mita Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #65
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
You guys should try your university's bookstore and see if they have Windows 7 there. I got my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate at school for $30.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #66
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
i got my home premium for free =) its comming in the mail in November. Still not sure if i should use it since i dont want to bother backing up anything.

http://silaudrey.blogspot.com/
amdnivram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #67
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
howd u get that?
Old 10-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #68
hegamiz
Zilvia Member

hegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nice
Jeez $300 for W7 Full Pro! I think i'll save for my laptop and stick with RC7 'til March lol
Old 10-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #69
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I got W7 pro upgrade on download now, if my other copy shows up, on ebay it goes. I am moving all my files to another drive so I can erase the partition I have now and get it ready to be set up for dual booting W7 and Mac OS.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #70
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
thanks to school, i got my win 7 pro for free. cant go fucking wrong with win 7, too much win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #71
2Slow40
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute2Slow40 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I got this email from Microsoft today
Quote:
We wanted to let you know that we are shipping your order on time.

Due to the tremendous response we've received from the launch of Windows 7, your shipping confirmation e-mail has been slightly delayed. Rest assured that your order is on its way, and there's nothing else you need to do.
But my card hasn't been charged yet... Maybe I'll get lucky and they wont charge me lol
2Slow40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #72
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
^theres a prgram that will remove the windows 7 beta watermark at the bottom right
Hook it up haha.

Will the RC version still be essentially the same? In other words, am I fine not having to buy the version that's out now?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #73
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Slow40 View Post
I got this email from Microsoft today

But my card hasn't been charged yet... Maybe I'll get lucky and they wont charge me lol
I don't have shit yet.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #74
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I got my student $30 professional already. I'm on it right now. dual bootin with xp incase i dont stick with it.

used a gparted livecd, made a partition for it, told the .exe to install to there, done. fresh copy.

only problem with not having an actual cd is, i moved the partition after installing and because of that the bootloader took a shit on me. no recovery cd = no way to fix it. used a random beta recovery cd but instead of just fixing my bootloader it fucked up my install somehow.

Had a bunch of driver issues with nvidia being a dick about their laptop cards, but all is fixed now by using the vista driver equivalent of my old xp driver.

Long story short, i actually like it.
Tweaked some shit, got rid of the dumb libraries thing, pin'd a working recycle bin to the taskbar and other little shit and it's all very useful. I'm a sucker for the icon-hover window preview.
Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #75
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Hook it up haha.

Will the RC version still be essentially the same? In other words, am I fine not having to buy the version that's out now?
im still rocking it, you wont be able to use it after some date next year. but at least you got some time til you need to do something. whats your email?
Old 10-24-2009, 02:34 AM   #76
SochBAT
Post Whore!

SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Theres also a win7 beta timebomb bypass. Pretty rad.
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:52 PM   #77
Future240
Future Moderator

Just so you all know,if you use that student download and you have 32 bit vista and going to 64bit professional it won't work off rip. You have to go an extra step.

Here is the thread to the solution.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...c-1aa932363bbb