Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #3181
jimmytango00
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (14)
jimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmytango00
still planning on throwing a 15mm spacer on, what do you guys think?

its on a 10mm (rears)

jimmytango00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #3182
Jdotsturn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Jdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jdotsturn
I think you should hurry up and finish the rest of your car...
Jdotsturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:50 AM   #3183
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i think it looks perfect how it sits... now get that beazy painted
Old 02-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #3184
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytango00 View Post
still planning on throwing a 15mm spacer on, what do you guys think?

its on a 10mm (rears)

What overfender size are those? 30mm or 50mm? It looks like it sits nice the way it is! Why does everyone insist on pushing wheels way out and cambering the crap out of it? It could maybe go out another 5mm but I wouldnt go further unless just want to run more camber for looks.

Rules: I VS-XX too. Here is my donk LOL!

scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #3185
jimmytango00
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (14)
jimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfectionjimmytango00 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmytango00
they are 30mm, yeah the most id go is another 5mm... like jordan said "wheel fitment is a disease"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
What overfender size are those? 30mm or 50mm? It looks like it sits nice the way it is! Why does everyone insist on pushing wheels way out and cambering the crap out of it? It could maybe go out another 5mm but I wouldnt go further unless just want to run more camber for looks.
jimmytango00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #3186
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Almost got the fenders set. The fronts have to be trimmed up and final glaze on the rears in a day or two.

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #3187
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
fucking amazing^^^^^^ i love it.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #3188
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
18x9.5 +20
205 for fun

Stuck with a 215 for saftey.

215-40-18 yok sdrives.

Roll pull next week with the full slammage of the coils.
Dustxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #3189
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
how do you guys seat the bead on these tires?

i must have some tiny beads or something..
I can't seat the tires for shit.

18x10.5 and 235/40/18..
i tried using fire.. it hasn't worked.
I need to try again..
babowc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #3190
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
haha i work at americas tire/discount tire. I have the wheel clamped down, the valve core removed, have 1 person pulling up the tire, and then i blast it with a air blaster tank, called a cheata. While im blasting the person holding the tire is also blasting with the "mini" blaster that is built into the machine. Then when it starts holding air put the core back in and air it upp.
Dustxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #3191
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRonTom31 View Post
how come sportmax people are getting hate and rota grid people aren't.

at least sportmax' aren't made in korea
Nope, they're made in China.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:05 AM   #3192
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tang View Post

18x10.5 and 235/40/18..
I need to try again..
thats exactly my sizes too.. a cheetah should handle that easily.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:11 AM   #3193
viperbite
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
viperbite is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
all cast wheels suck

heavy,

and weak!
FAIL
viperbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #3194
mondojackal
Zilvia Member

mondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to mondojackal
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperbite View Post
all cast wheels suck

heavy,

and weak!
FAIL
You're not helping. Useless posting is frowned upon. Including my post.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:51 AM   #3195
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustxking View Post
18x9.5 +20
205 for fun

yoko s.drives ftw
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:11 AM   #3196
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Nope, they're made in China.
Taiwan to be specific

LOLZ

Last year when buying tires i had 3 places up here tell me that 215/40/18 and 235/40/18 didnt exist BAHAHAHA
When I bought the tires i took them to those places and said yeah they don't exist I made these at home out of used condoms. OH Upstate NY why are you still caught in 1993
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #3197
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:

18x10.5 and 235/40/18..
I need to try again..
It depends on the wheels' design too.

It was a bitch to mount/bead a 215/40/17 on my old FNs in 17x9 size. Took fire + ether to finally set the bead.

I put those same tires on my 17x9.5 VS-KFs, and I was thinking "man, probably need mucho fire for this to set".

Nope.

Set it on the tire machine and used an air line without a regulator in it pushing like 150psi or whatever it was pushing from the air compressor, stuck it into the valve stem without the guts of the valve stem in, and poof, the tire beaded itself without a sweat.

And we're talking about an FK452 215/40/17, which is only 8.4" wide (one of the most narrow 215/40/17s).

So... yeah, depends on the wheel's design, it could mean the difference between being able to mount it without sweating in your GQ suit, and being able to go pick up bitches right afterwards, or having to go at it like you were roofing just to get the bitches beaded and aired up.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #3198
rbpowerds14
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (5)
rbpowerds14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

18x10.5 and 235/40/18..
I need to try again..

mount tire on rim, then spray brake cleaner all around the bead, take lighter, ignite! BOOM! it magically seats the bead!

disclamer-dont go burning ur face off now!
rbpowerds14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #3199
rbpowerds14
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (5)
rbpowerds14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
Almost got the fenders set. The fronts have to be trimmed up and final glaze on the rears in a day or two.

shit looks baller, im droppn my s14 like this but how the fuck do u turn the front wheels with out ripping off the front fenders? i shved my fenders flush and when i turn the wheel, the fender starts to buldge out like its gonna rip off. help!
rbpowerds14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #3200
viperbite
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
viperbite is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondojackal View Post
You're not helping. Useless posting is frowned upon. Including my post.
haha im sorry.
viperbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #3201
Teddy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
Teddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfectionTeddy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Don't think I posted this in this thread.

17x9 -5 all around.
215/40

Yes, my car looks like shit.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #3202
SleepySR
Leaky Injector

SleepySR is a jewel in the roughSleepySR is a jewel in the roughSleepySR is a jewel in the roughSleepySR is a jewel in the roughSleepySR is a jewel in the roughSleepySR is a jewel in the roughSleepySR is a jewel in the rough
18x9.5 +15 ,235-40 federal , stance coils

Old 02-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #3203
nate_drake

nate_drake is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess i will post in here

15 x 10 diamond wheels
205 50 15

just got it today...

nate_drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #3204
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpowerds14 View Post
shit looks baller, im droppn my s14 like this but how the fuck do u turn the front wheels with out ripping off the front fenders? i shved my fenders flush and when i turn the wheel, the fender starts to buldge out like its gonna rip off. help!
At full lock on my car, I slightly rub the fenders. I trimmed them up to go lower with the car, not for clearance. I also am running a 225/35 feddy on an 11" rim up front. Super streched front tires help A SHIT LOAD for fender clearance. My front fenders are also +45mm not the usual +30mm. I had to do a lot to get it to clear.

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 02-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #3205
babowc
Post Whore!

babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
The thing is i was able to seat 215/40 and 225/40 on a 17x10 perfectly fine with fire on my FNs

I'm having problems with my enkei rpf1s.. it's either the wheel or my tires that are a bitch to seat. i was having a hard time on 9.5s, same size 235/40 tires.
EEEEEEAK. i just bought some brake cleaner.. i'll go try fire method a couple more times.
babowc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #3206
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13Teddy View Post
Don't think I posted this in this thread.

17x9 -5 all around.
215/40

Yes, my car looks like shit.
Bro that is so rad bro. Leave it like that bro. Bro. It looks like a Burst car. Back when Burst cars were low and beat up and cool.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #3207
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Bro that is so rad bro. Leave it like that bro. Bro. It looks like a Burst car. Back when Burst cars were low and beat up and cool.
So you mean like after one lap?

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 02-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #3208
Rapier46
Zilvia Member

Rapier46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Rapier46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Wow that gets annoying.

BROBROBROBROBROBROBRO

Old 02-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #3209
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpowerds14 View Post
You can let them crack and they'll just rub for clearance. You can also leave the bottom of the fender unbolted near the door so when you're at full lock, the tire just pushes the fender away from the body.
Chernobyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #3210
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
Dude. Brah. that shits so cool brah.

TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote