Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #31
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but have you looked around the area to see if there are any cameras focused on it? You might've gotten lucky (or as lucky as you can get in a situation like this) and been in the view of a camera when the accident occurred.

Regardless, glad to hear you're okay. At least you walked away without injury.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #32
EDT007
Zilvia Addict

EDT007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry for your loss Gabe, that was def. one of my fav. s14's on the forum. I didn't even realize that the police had a choice on whether or not to make a police report. Here in NJ, it's not up to them. They respond to an accident they have to write it up. Is that a Cali option or something?
EDT007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:28 AM   #33
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
WTF? Is Cali so gay now that cops would rather harass imports and give out ref tickets than fucking do one simple job like file a fucking report?!?! How is that supposed to work out as far as figuring out whos at fucking fault during an accident? So if nobody got killed then its all gravy? Fucking idiots. If you dont collect money from the lady's insurance, then fucking sue the city/police department for being fucktards and not doing their jobs.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #34
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
i thought you have to have a police report filed for any accident? atleast here in jersey it is...my car got backed into in a lot when i wasn't in the car and i still got a police report.
If a cop told me i don't need a police report after an accident like that i would definitely not let that go..
99maxgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #35
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wooow thats my biggest fear getting stuck under a semi, glad to hear your ok. Too bad it not like Canada (Ontario) as soon there more than 2000$ damage report must be filed.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #36
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
WTF no report? Pretty sure its mandatory for any accident.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #37
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post
This is a horrible situation. I really hope you get it figured out.
THIS! I can't believe the police wouldn't fill out a report. I would have gotten the badge numbers from those guys...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:41 AM   #38
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Re: VIP Widebody S14 Totalled in Hollywood Pics

Yes, is an LAPD thing, tey dont file a report unless someine is taken by an ambulance!! Thats a fucking joke, one of the main streets in hollywood, 3 lanes each way, thr entire north side was stopped for like 2 hours, with 3 cars and a semi involved, and that was insignificant to them i guess,
I checked for cameras and the only one in the area captured only my final slide and impact with truck
Old 05-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #39
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan
Gabe, the only guy I know who talked about it is Heath (Shmex on Socal-drift, link), but I don't know how much he saw.
Hi Jordan coukd you ask heath to contact me asap? I remember at least 3 familiar faces from the meets walk by and ask if i was ok, so i am pretty sure someone saw the accident, i am familiar with his name but cant put a face to it.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #40
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Why not go back to the area and post signs and on the same day of the week go there and ask some people... Some people or store owners or residence's might remember the accident. I think that would help too....
Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #41
sidewayzsx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow this really sucks glad you are ok hope everything comes out good in the end

btw this could help you out alot since being a busy time go ask around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
store owners or residence's might remember the accident
sidewayzsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #42
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Call the local news.
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #43
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
yeah, call the local news, maybe show them this thread and how much interest there is to help you out.
shiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #44
Sileighty_DRFT89
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Sileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfectionSileighty_DRFT89 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
thats actually not a bad idea. alot of people do know your car gabe and the 240 community is huge. I'm sure all of us could do something to help you out. Its just everything about the law is so fucked these days its hard to figure out what

11:11 333
Sileighty_DRFT89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #45
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Post pictures of your car on a sign asking for witnessing that saw the lady come into your lane and hit you.
leave a number.
Put the signs in the area it happened and at that bus stop.

BTW, to the fucking idiots that keep saying fuck cops.
Its the law that they dont file a police report unless there is an injury.
they do have other more important shit to do here in LA.
There is fucking accidentes all day long in LA.
Its your insurance companies responsability to figure that shit out,and they do.
Its no big deal, and has been like that for years in LA.

Gabe, i would be really pissed at your pansy ass insurance for letting that women lie about that shit.
What insurance company is it?
Where in Hollywood?
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #46
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
If the person called 911 to report the accident then they should have records of the call including the phone number and possibly the name of the person.

If they did get the number but not the name you can subpoena the carrier for the name or the police can get a warrant.

That should get you a witness as well as a possible case against the police department for failing to properly file a report in a hit and run. That is a lot of property damage to not even investigate is ridiculous.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #47
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Break through!!!!!!!!
A very nic detective lady just called me
Back an she tracked down the 911 call and the officers name and number, also she found the record of the witness who called and gave a statement!!!!
I do still want to talk to heath to see what he saw, couls help alot if there is a second witness.

I really appreciate the support,
The insurane is progressive, they are usually pretty good, i havent got them to
Involved yet sine my lawyer is the one in charge we were just waiting on a report and recentley found out there wasnt one!

Also i did go tothe area and take pics and talkes to the only business in the area,

Great idea on the local news thing,!!!

Anyone have any good contacts in news or any local magazines?
Even websites could help?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #48
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Glad to hear you got some more information! Best of luck with everything...

Milt has connections with HellaFlush right? I know him back from our Camry days, haha. He seems to be all over these days- maybe he could help you get the word out?

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #49
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze
Glad to hear you got some more information! Best of luck with everything...

Milt has connections with HellaFlush right? I know him back from our Camry days, haha. He seems to be all over these days- maybe he could help you get the word out?
Very true ill contact him asap
Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #50
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Are you saying she is getting away with this? The judge will not look at the case cuz you don't have any witness or report from the police?
Hopefully you get your money for the loss.
Lesson learned, carry a knife, cut yourself for blood to be all over yourself, go to hospital and you have a report.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #51
EDT007
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Post pictures of your car on a sign asking for witnessing that saw the lady come into your lane and hit you.
leave a number.
Put the signs in the area it happened and at that bus stop.

BTW, to the fucking idiots that keep saying fuck cops.
Its the law that they dont file a police report unless there is an injury.
they do have other more important shit to do here in LA.
There is fucking accidentes all day long in LA.
Its your insurance companies responsability to figure that shit out,and they do.
Its no big deal, and has been like that for years in LA.

Gabe, i would be really pissed at your pansy ass insurance for letting that women lie about that shit.
What insurance company is it?
Where in Hollywood?

I work in NYC and there's accidents left and right here as well. Still doesn't mean they won't take a police report. I don't know how it is over in Cali but over here you are SOL w/o a police report to recover anything for damages. Not to mention how hard is it to do a police report. You are to put down the driver's info and the "story" that is given. It's not rocket science. Their job is not to "assume or judge" what happened but to put down the accounts from each party involved and their information. As you said, it's the insurance companies jobs to decipher all that info. Let's at least hope they checked everyone's info at the scene. Imagine, it was a felon on the run and they just let them go. It's an exteme case I know but you never know. Remeber the motto "To protect and SERVE"!

Gabe, I'm really glad to hear you found a witness. Hope everything works out for you!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #52
soon2beSIL80
Leaky Injector

soon2beSIL80 is a well-known jackass
Glad to see something is being done and most importantly there was no serious injury, although (hopefully it doesn't) but if it happens again, maybe worth a ride to get "checked out" to insure a report. Too bad you aren't in FL, I might have been able to pull some media outlet strings.
soon2beSIL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #53
direktdrive
Leaky Injector

direktdrive is an unknown quantity at this point
that's awful news Gabe. I'll spread the word and see if I can get you more witnesses. Hopefully everything turns out for the best.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #54
mike[pistonless]
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mike[pistonless] is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
makes me sad they didnt write a report, hell someone bashed to door to my old gli and i called the police and they wrote a report for that minor vandalism, hope all gets resolved swiftly
Old 05-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #55
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDT007 View Post
I don't know how it is over in Cali but over here you are SOL w/o a police report to recover anything for damages. Not to mention how hard is it to do a police report.
Ah as far as Insurance goes in California, a Police report is not absolutely needed.

The Insurance companies will still decide amongst themselves regardless. Oh and people can retain injury lawyers 6 months after the fact. Even when there is no injury reported at the scene.

Its kinda fucked up.

Also pick your insurance company carefully. A lot of insurance companies fall down for injury claims and whatnot. i.e. give in immediately and just payout.

Gabe, What street did this happen on? Did you get her insurance company info and report to them?

I am glad you have a 911 call tape and witness account.
It sounds like a sticky situation its almost to bad your arm just ddn't get a little cut or something so they would have had to call a paramedic.

Good luck man, accidents suck. Oh and I would think twice about staying with progressive.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #56
EDT007
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ah as far as Insurance goes in California, a Police report is not absolutely needed.
Dumb question, how would you guys get a new cell phone or something if it was lost? I had to do it once with Verizon and they said it couldn't be done without a police report. Also, what's to say that someone wouldn't trash their car somewhere and then blame it on an "accident". The police report is used as proof that the actual incident occurred where and when they said it did. A good example is that GT-R thread about the two young kids that are now facing felony insurance fraud charges. The car was used in an illegal race and was crashed. They tried to say it was an accident in another location and time. Luckily they got caught but those are the types of people that make the rest of us pay unusually high insurance rates (i live in NJ, we have the national high in this dept.).
Old 05-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #57
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I guess I called that one. lol
Old 05-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #58
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I live in Philly and it's worse. Cops wont even come to the scene of an accident. My friend had a dude riding a 3 wheeler slam into his car and flip over the it onto the pavement. Dude was leaking and all. My friend called 911 7 TIMES. Fire and ambulance came but no cop. Nothing.

We went to the station and filed our own report after waiting 3 hours.

Bogus.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #59
1kuo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
1kuo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Just have to say it again, EFF the police.

Hope everything works out in your favor.
1kuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #60
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDT007 View Post
Dumb question, how would you guys get a new cell phone or something if it was lost? I had to do it once with Verizon and they said it couldn't be done without a police report. Also, what's to say that someone wouldn't trash their car somewhere and then blame it on an "accident". The police report is used as proof that the actual incident occurred where and when they said it did. A good example is that GT-R thread about the two young kids that are now facing felony insurance fraud charges. The car was used in an illegal race and was crashed. They tried to say it was an accident in another location and time. Luckily they got caught but those are the types of people that make the rest of us pay unusually high insurance rates (i live in NJ, we have the national high in this dept.).
Well for one you are abstracting the original statement into a generalized assumption.
Just because the Police will not file a report at the scene of an accident does not mean they do not file reports period. LOL It also does not mean you as a citizen cannot make a report.

As far as making a Police report goes? Anyone is welcome to go down to the their local Police station,substation whatever and file a report at the desk for the sake of reporting a lost item, stolen item, etc...
The Police even tell you this. You ask why? Ah because LA is a huge city square mileage wise, in fact much larger than New York in that sense(with lots of crazy shit going do a lot of the time LOL). The Police have to prioritize their calls because of this.

Now someone will pop and say hire more Police. LOL ya damn near broke city and broke state. Don't expect to see to many more Police being put on the beat. LOL

Oh and New York was the same way before Giuliani stepped in and straightened shit out. Broke and needed things fixed. LOL

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote