Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #751
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Does anybody really care? Once the car is released all questions are answered lol.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #752
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
im not going to tell you everything i know because everything i know could get the guy in trouble. and everything i know isnt 100% set in stone yet, its the information CURRENTLY available. from what ive been told the information, specs and designs have changed on this car heavily within the last 2 years of the projects start!
Again, since you don't know anything and any information you say can get your "buddy" in trouble, maybe you should not say anything at all?
And I could care less if you don't want to tell US (not just me, this isn't a PM) what you know / don't know.

So lets break it down in a logical sense format:

Do you know information? Yes/No.
Is it 100% factual? Yes/No.
Can you release it to the open public? Yes/No.

If you answer "No" to any one of those 3 questions. Keep your mouth shut.

Quote:
dont make assumptions about how i get my information because you are flat out WRONG. also, dont make assumptions about me "feeling superior" as i really have no reason to feel that way! there are people who ive told everything i know, and i told them because they are people i can trust with said information. outside of those few people, im not saying a word. the person who relayed the information to me holds a position that i would kill to hold, and im not going to endanger his position within the company by letting loose information to the general populace outside of things that have already been confirmed by other execs and insiders from nissan!

and where im from, people who end their posts with snide little comments are called assholes; dont be an asshole.
Quote:
my current source is a person i met just recently and is someone i greatly admire.
Sounds like I nailed it pretty spot on. LOL.

Anyways, back to the IDX discussion, no more need to clutter this thread up with your justifications as to why you like to hint around.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #753
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Killer relax man. I did speak to people from Nissan Japan about the car when I was checking it out at the Peterson in Los Angeles. I can say a lot of what Dorki has mentioned is pretty spot on as it's very close to the same information I was able to glean. In fact a lot of what he said confirmed what I was told. The main differences being when I was told what I was told it was positive but tentative. I have no reason to see why you should hold so much doubt especially when a lot of it is so patently obvious as far as direction,time frame and release.
I could add to the fact that we are due a Z refresh in the same time frame and it would make a lot of logical sense for a newer smaller chassis line to base both cars off of.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #754
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Killer relax man. I did speak to people from Nissan Japan about the car when I was checking it out at the Peterson in Los Angeles. I can say a lot of what Dorki has mentioned is pretty spot on as it's very close to the same information I was able to glean. In fact a lot of what he said confirmed what I was told. The main differences being when I was told what I was told it was positive but tentative. I have no reason to see why you should hold so much doubt especially when a lot of it is so patently obvious as far as direction,time frame and release.
I could add to the fact that we are due a Z refresh in the same time frame and it would make a lot of logical sense for a newer smaller chassis line to base both cars off of.
thank you freaq...killer hates me and wants to kick me down a well. he also loves to jump all over me infront of genpop.

its cool though freaq, you and i can be dick riders together

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #755
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I'm relaxed. My only grudge is hinting or being extremely vague with information he knows he cannot release due to getting his new friend in trouble. Say it or not at all. Simple concept.

Quote:
thank you freaq...killer hates me and wants to kick me down a well. he also loves to jump all over me infront of genpop.

its cool though freaq, you and i can be dick riders together
I'm sorry but I do not hate you or anyone for that matter. If I hated you, I would say so directly. Just because I think you have piss poor moderating skills and I pretty much disagree with a lot of the things you say, doesn't equate to hate. I know you and I share the same passion for Nissan as most of the veteran members here, so there's that.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #756
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm one of the people dorkidori_s13 shared the details with and I'm inclined to believe him based off of what he told me (how and what) and the fact he read it to me first hand.

The source would indeed have the most intimate details about the current state of the car.

The shitty thing is that Nissan guards info about it's projects SOOOOO closely. I guess you can't blame them, but a formal announcement would send the the hype over this car into orbit. I just don't see why they don't just come out and give us the good news instead of one of their peeps having to "sneak a note under the door" to the community.

Regardless, a lot of us are super excited and there's just more and more evidence that this thing is happening. We should all be singing kumbaya around a campfire right now.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #757
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by m nite shyamalan
The source is my butthole.
What a twist!

You can tell us what info you really have if you really have it. I don't recall anyone signing an NDA, and you're obviously already telling multiple people. Companies love rumors and leaks, it creates hype. Go ahead, don't be such a pansy.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #758
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Am I in agreement with Frank Jaeger. . .

Old 04-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #759
stk910

stk910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
undecided, but there is talk of resurrecting a badge were ALL familiar with...and NO ITS NOT SILVIA OR 510!

but well see, things change over night
I sure hope it won't be called a Maxima or Altima or Sentra, since that would confirm it as FWD

I also hope they don't call it a 240sx either, since that would probably confirm a 2.4L N/A engine.
....unless, it is a 2.4L turbo engine. Then go ahead Nissan, and call it a 240sx all you want
stk910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #760
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stk910 View Post
I sure hope it won't be called a Maxima or Altima or Sentra, since that would confirm it as FWD

I also hope they don't call it a 240sx either, since that would probably confirm a 2.4L N/A engine.
....unless, it is a 2.4L turbo engine. Then go ahead Nissan, and call it a 240sx all you want
Oh gawd, inb4 SE-R. Noooooo!!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #761
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
The 160SX

All motor baby.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:37 PM   #762
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Maybe it'll be called the 270R

Last edited by zombiewolf513; 04-17-2014 at 10:34 AM..
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #763
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
The 160SX

All motor baby.
count on a turbo...from what ive heard there is no plans for a N/A

Old 04-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #764
stk910

stk910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
count on a turbo...from what ive heard there is no plans for a N/A

So are they only making the NISMO type then, and not the freeflow?
stk910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:11 AM   #765
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^ They are likely going to introduce a car that combines elements of both concepts rather than make a production version of either. It'll be something we haven't seen yet, but still similar to the concepts. Perhaps a little toned down. But I'm counting on a turbo engine because Nissan will want to differentiate itself from the FRS/BRZ with its anemic N/A.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #766
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk910 View Post

So are they only making the NISMO type then, and not the freeflow?
no one liked the freeflow. about 90% of the feedback and praise was based on the NISMO version.

but again, the turbo comment is only from what ive heard, things MAY change between now and production. but my best guess is the car will stay turbo given the juke is turbo only in the US market as well and they are selling just fine.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:28 AM   #767
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I like this idea, don't waste money making a N/A version. Give it one engine option like the FRS/BRZ, make it turbo.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #768
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Raps in 4

Old 04-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #769
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
So, it's not Silvia or 510...

Hype!

I am all excited over the possibility of it being the Stanza revival!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #770
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
johnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My super secret high ranked source tells me it will be named the Gazelle
johnydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #771
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydoesit View Post
My super secret high ranked source tells me it will be named the Gazelle
wow, i thought we wrapped up the "DorkiDori is actually telling the truth" conversation a few posts ago with other senior members confirming what ive presented.

but hey, if you wanna keep draggin this out, im all for a good argument!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #772
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

johnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura about
I'm actually poking fun at Nissan for refusing to release more info, but if getting offended makes you feel better be my guest.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #773
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
I'm actually poking fun at Nissan for refusing to release more info, but if getting offended makes you feel better be my guest.
nah, its cool. just making sure that wasnt a jab at me... since damn near everyone in this thread started jumping all over me for giving out real information without citing my source.

and just keep in mind with nissan and their lack of info... at least when they do make things public is 100% legit instead of just hinting at shit anymore like other car brands do (and im looking squarely at toyota/subaru for hinting that the GT86/BRZ may come in turbo one day)

Old 04-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #774
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Can we vote dorkidori out this thread?
S14kouki_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #775
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
awwwww that would be awesome... but im gonna have to say negatory on that one there ghost rider.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #776
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
Fucking drop the shit people.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:29 AM   #777
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

I seriously would just like to get some solid info directly from nissan soon. (as I'm sure all you do too) I'm currently in the market for new car as I need a new daily. Commuting 80miles of traffic in an e30 is getting old. I've borrowed a couple of my friends cars, one a 350Z the other an FRS. Really the only thing I liked about the 350 was the power, but even then I'm not a fan of the engine characteristics. It simply feels to heavy and sloppy for my tastes. Sure you can modify but that's not what I want to do (that's what my s13 is for).
Now the FRS on the other hand I fell absolutely in love with. It feels so light on it's feet, nice and tight with a great steering feel. Though it does at times feel slightly underpowered I'm ok with that.
I would have already bought an FRS but at the end of the day Id wrather have a Nissan and I think they may be on to something with the IDx. How ever I also don't want to hold off on buying a car I already know I enjoy, only to be possibly disappointed by Nissan. Honestly if they don't release some promising info by the end of the year I'll probably just but an FRS.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:18 AM   #778
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
I seriously would just like to get some solid info directly from nissan soon. (as I'm sure all you do too) I'm currently in the market for new car as I need a new daily. Commuting 80miles of traffic in an e30 is getting old. I've borrowed a couple of my friends cars, one a 350Z the other an FRS. Really the only thing I liked about the 350 was the power, but even then I'm not a fan of the engine characteristics. It simply feels to heavy and sloppy for my tastes. Sure you can modify but that's not what I want to do (that's what my s13 is for).
Now the FRS on the other hand I fell absolutely in love with. It feels so light on it's feet, nice and tight with a great steering feel. Though it does at times feel slightly underpowered I'm ok with that.
I would have already bought an FRS but at the end of the day Id wrather have a Nissan and I think they may be on to something with the IDx. How ever I also don't want to hold off on buying a car I already know I enjoy, only to be possibly disappointed by Nissan. Honestly if they don't release some promising info by the end of the year I'll probably just but an FRS.
Oh we'll hear something by the end of the year. Nissan is a dick about giving out info, but they are quick to go from concept to production once a project is approved.

My guess is they aren't concerned about changing the design or RWD configuration of the car since it's been almost universally praised. It's more the logistical bean counter stuff to make Ghosn happy (ie how does it make money). I think there's multiple ways to pitch that at him besides just the amount of money they'll make of of selling the cars themselves.

They've made just as much of a big deal out of the "Sport Sedan" Concept (the new Maxima) as they have with the IDx. They obviously want to position Nissan as a more sporty brand (that has increased and decreased throughout the years) again and it's easy to sell a sport sedan when you have a new Z, IDx, and GTR sitting next to it in the showroom.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #779
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Either wait for info patiently, like the rest of us or go buy a used 335i & never look back.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #780
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Either wait for info patiently, like the rest of us or go buy a used 335i & never look back.
335's are not all that. If he likes a e30 the best bet for in terms of feel and fun would be a 128i . It is the spiritual successor to the M3 in terms of weight , feel and drivability. I know kinda odd looking but it's not the pig the 335 is.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 04-18-2014 at 07:39 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote