Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 05:10 PM   #1
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
URAS NS-01 Wheels**Group Buy #2**

URAS NS-01 Wheels **Group Buy**

Start: Friday, April 1st.
End: Friday, April 29th.

17x 8J (+30)114.3 -5H
17x 9J (+30)114.3 -5H
17x 9.5J (+15)114.3- 5H

Chrome - $245
Silver - $195
Black - $195

Sorry - No 4 Lug, No Custom Offset, No Custom Color, etc..

Special Order from Japan! (Sea Freight)
Minimum of 40 Wheels (10 sets/ 20 pair, etc..)
100% Payment is Due at the End of the Group Buy!!

Please, do not make any assumptions on shipping time... URAS is a very small company that produces products as requested by buyer (Made to Order).

Shipping cost in the US48... estimated shipping is about $35/ wheel.
It can get higher depending on location, it can also go lower due to bulk... shipping will be quoted when the product arrives and is packaged accordingly!!

enjoy... *Click here to Order!!*

Peace
Drew

Last edited by MadScientist; 04-01-2005 at 08:51 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2005, 08:07 PM   #2
bim
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
bim is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so sexy... god i wish i werent broke as all hell. hopefully i can just on another one later

btw... what do these weigh in at, for the 17x9?
Old 03-31-2005, 01:28 PM   #3
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
NS-01s I expect will weight about 17lbs. each.

Also... Common questions about rims have been comming up so I have been working on some technical info to be placed on the website.
http://www.raretrick.com/index.asp?c...ion=cat&Page=1

Stock Fenders (not rolled or pulled) on (R)PS13 or S14:
17x 8 (+30) front
17x 9 (+30) rear

If you plan on rolling, pulling, or going wide... I suggest you get the rims first before modification so the fenders can be made to fit. You will have to make these sizes fit.
17x 9 (+30) front
17x 9.5 (+15) front & rear

*Note: Coilovers and Brake Calipers have different sizes depending on Manufacturer. Some combinations may require the use of a wheel spacer.

Peace
Drew
Old 04-01-2005, 02:09 AM   #4
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
so generally, can you predict if the shipping times are going to be sooner or later than the first group buy?
Old 04-01-2005, 08:39 AM   #5
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I assume nothing when dealing with Japan, especially with Made to Order parts. I would expect the same issue as the first Group Buy.

If your buying these wheels because they are cheep, there is several other cheep wheels readily available in the US.

"Please, do not make any assumptions on shipping time... URAS is a very small company that produces products as requested by buyer (Made to Order)."

I dont like answering the same questions over and over, it makes me look like an asshole.

Peace
Drew
Old 04-02-2005, 05:21 AM   #6
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
my mistake
Old 04-06-2005, 10:45 AM   #7
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

OK so eather I answered everyones questions in 3 post or you guys are not interested anymore... let me know...

Peace
Drew
Old 04-06-2005, 02:25 PM   #8
stevo22

stevo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you think with the next group by there is a chance of getting 4 lug? If so when would that be?(ball park I know it is hard to determine since you just started one)
Old 04-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #9
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo22
Do you think with the next group by there is a chance of getting 4 lug? If so when would that be?(ball park I know it is hard to determine since you just started one)
Doubt it... this is their first attempt at selling wheels.

Usually if the 2nd Group Buy flops I dont do it again for awhile... so get in while the getting is good.

Peace
Drew
Old 04-07-2005, 08:50 AM   #10
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

This seems to be the main question on everyones mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by egracer415
I'm interested in a set of URAS wheels and the GB post is very informative. I'm torn between those wheels and a set of black/polished FN01R-C wheels. I understand that the post states that we shouldn't make any assumption on the ship time of the wheels but is there any kind of estimate, even if its going to be a rough estimate of when we will receive these wheels at the end of the GB? 2-3 months? 6 months? 1 year? Thanks in advance for you information...
The reason most places that Import from Japan say 8 weeks (minimum)
1. Money Transfer - 3 days to 1 week
2. Made to Order - 2 to 4 weeks
3. Collection of Parts - 1 to 4 weeks, depending on processing.
4. Loading or Packing - 2 to 3 days
5. Schedule Sea Freight - this wait is unknown... basically wait for the correct boat to port, clear japan customs before loading, etc..etc.. alot of stuff we have no control over!!
6. Port in US and unload, then wait to clear customs - 1 week to 4 weeks depending on how Customs feel that day.
7. Transport to warehouse, unload, inventory, check damage, repackage, label to correct buyer, collect and schedule shipping to buyer!!

Anything can happen... this is why I say "please, do not make any assumptions on shipping time".

It could take 6 weeks, but I doubt it, honestly, 8 weeks is a reasonable minimum wait.

Peace
Drew
Old 04-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #11
inertia
Leaky Injector

inertia is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, i know this has kinda been asked before, but i remember you saying that for the people that drift and track....to run same size all around. i always thought u want diff sizes like x9 in front and the x9.5 rear, can u explain and give me some advice?? also do the 9 and 9.5 look different, i mean bigger lip or the spokes curve more?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:17 PM   #12
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
wtf? its only half inch difference. also theres no particular need to run a staggered setup.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #13
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia
Hey, i know this has kinda been asked before, but i remember you saying that for the people that drift and track....to run same size all around. i always thought u want diff sizes like x9 in front and the x9.5 rear, can u explain and give me some advice?? also do the 9 and 9.5 look different, i mean bigger lip or the spokes curve more?
8" = 203.20mm divided by 2 = 101.60mm - 30mm = 71.60mm
9" = 228.60mm divided by 2 = 114.30mm - 30mm = 84.30mm
9.5" = 241.30mm divided by 2 = 120.70mm - 15mm = 105.7mm

# in bold is the distance from the inside mounting point to the outside of the wheel. (Lip, Dish, Curve, Face, etc... all depending on the design)

Backspace would be (ex: 8") 203.20mm - 71.60mm = 131.60mm
(distance from inside mounting point to inside of the wheel)

Cut a pice of cardboard with the given demensions and test clearance...

OK the equal sizing question...
Say you have 9" all round with the same size tire all round as well.
The tires generally have equal grip so the drive is able to learn the limit of that specific size and compound. It also helps when you are changing tires because if the front or rear wears down its easy to rotate.
Daily Driver, Weekend Warriors, SCCA Auto X, etc.. Its all based on a Learing Level that you should NOT be changing compounds and tire sizes constantly.
Its more of a convenience to run equal sizing... if need be, you change the tires size and pressure.

Peace
Drew
Old 04-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #14
paikman
Zilvia Member

paikman is an unknown quantity at this point
is it possible to just pay through paypal too?
ive ordered couple things from u guys before
Old 04-08-2005, 10:10 AM   #15
zenkiticks
Zilvia Member

zenkiticks is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist

17x 8J (+30)114.3 -5H
17x 9J (+30)114.3 -5H
17x 9.5J (+15)114.3- 5H
just curious, but am i the only one that thinks the wheels pictured look like 18"?
just wondering how much difference that would make on the overall appearance of the wheels?
Old 04-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #16
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

paikman: Sorry no PayPal. We have direct accounts with the Credit Card companies. Mitzi has a PayPal account for personal use only.

zenkiticks: Because in Japan they are smart enough to put alot of rubber on the wheels, not just rubber bands.

180SX/ S13:
17" is pefect in front, the rear can take more rim or tire.
18" in rear looks so nice.

S14 zenki/ kouki:
17" is perfect if you have some fat muscle looking tires to match.
18" is on the verge of being to much rim, to little tire, but looks good.

Peace
Drew
Old 04-09-2005, 09:51 PM   #17
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Do you know when the first set is coming in - I'm wondering when someone will be able to tell me if they clear zbrake conversions?

Thanks
Old 04-09-2005, 10:28 PM   #18
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

These will deffinately clear the Z32 Brakes and the Sumitumo.
The S15 spec R has the same sized 4 Pot Calipers.
These wheels were designed for Nissans, it would be retarded not to consider that, especially when they are 5 lug only!

The First Group Buy is still in collection so it will be awhile if you plan to wait.

Peace
Drew
Old 04-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #19
inertia
Leaky Injector

inertia is an unknown quantity at this point
just out of curiousity, has anyone already payed or commited to the 2nd group buy??
Old 04-12-2005, 09:47 PM   #20
Siizzzoooo
Zilvia FREAK!

Siizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really nice
I'm still waiting on the guys from the first group buy to post pix of their setup
Old 04-15-2005, 08:32 AM   #21
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Group Buy = Limited Time Offer Only!!

Prices will go up when this Group Buy Ends!

If your waiting on the First Group Buy to arrive before you order... your S.O.L.!!

Chrome - ($245 - Group Buy) - retail $289
Silver - ($195 - Group Buy) - retail $239
Black - ($195 - Group Buy) - retail $239

Last Chance - Group Buy End: Friday, April 29th.

Peace
Drew
Old 04-18-2005, 11:01 PM   #22
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Ok,
What size tires should I be running for these on an s13?

I have narrowed it down to 2 setups:

17x8 & 17x9

or

all 17x9.5

I'll be measuring my clearance in a bit w/ my current tiny rims.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:08 AM   #23
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeAs240sx
Ok,
What size tires should I be running for these on an s13?

I have narrowed it down to 2 setups:

17x8 & 17x9

or

all 17x9.5

I'll be measuring my clearance in a bit w/ my current tiny rims.
Are you KA or SR. If KA 215/40/17 front 215/45/17 rear. If your SR 215s or 225s up front. 225 or 235s rear

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
Old 04-19-2005, 09:11 AM   #24
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideview_180sx
Are you KA or SR. If KA 215/40/17 front 215/45/17 rear. If your SR 215s or 225s up front. 225 or 235s rear

brokeAs240sx- Read my second post, that should help... please ignor the Engine comment above... your engine in no way shape or form effects what size tire you can run on these wheels.

Quote:
Stock Fenders (not rolled or pulled) on (R)PS13 or S14:
17x 8 (+30) front
17x 9 (+30) rear

If you plan on rolling, pulling, or going wide... I suggest you get the rims first before modification so the fenders can be made to fit. You will have to make these sizes fit.
17x 9 (+30) front
17x 9.5 (+15) front & rear
Peace
Drew