Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 10:36 PM   #31
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14turbosilvia
How do you know that they are "beefier in strength" than the Nismo mounts? Have you compared both materials and grades side by side?
And the "over 500hp" business? I don't know where else these have been tested because you have not told us, but from the looks of it, they are shown on an N/A SR20DE, which may or may not be turning out over 500hp, who knows?
Not trying to be a skeptic at all, please don't misunderstand my post. Just trying to figure out what real advantages these have over the tried and true Nismo mounts. Price definately isn't an increadibly noticeable difference if you factor in the trans mount that Nismo includes for under $200 shipped.

For those of us who have something to lose here, there needs to be a greater selling point than neon yellow, non-brand (or not mentioned), "heavy duty" motor mounts. I realize the favor you're trying to do us Zilvian's by offering some sort of alternative, and I appreciate it, I do. So as far as buyer feedback goes for this post:
-need color options (or some detail about the price differences between other colors)
-need some more construction information, real evidence.
-need pricing on the eventual option of a transmission mount. A lot of use like to plan ahead, and use a matching set of mounts all around. Even if it won't be available for another few months.
-oh, and get some bigger pics please!

Hope everything goes well with the group buy, I'll be twidling my thumbs till you need a 15th person
-Ben
Ben do you know engineering? CAn you run engineering numbers. I have had numbers run on these mounts the only reason I did not mention them is I did not want to get super technical in the post for the sake of the non tech people.
These have a durometer rating that is equal to 9000lb tensile strength!!!!
Yes the car they are pictured on is a NAsr20de with ITB's . It was taken for the purpose of showing the mounts. The mounts have been run on track cars . i.e. race cars. Did you notice the nitrous kit? on that NAsr with ITB's car has not been dynoed but is estimated in th high 300's horsepower wise.!!!!!!
Again I will state this is a special test market product and price. As I stated earlier the color is not written in stone . this is the first batch and they are in this color pricing will be based on final costs. I can gurantee these will be better priced than the Nismo's.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 04-26-2005 at 11:07 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2005, 04:37 AM   #32
s14turbosilvia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
s14turbosilvia has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14turbosilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
Ben do you know engineering? CAn you run engineering numbers. I have had numbers run on these mounts the only reason I did not mention them is I did not want to get super technical in the post for the sake of the non tech people.
As a matter of fact, I am an engineer. I guess that why I'm so curious. Thank you for replying to my post. Sorry if i came across as n asshole, just asking questions and trying to give you feedback.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:59 PM   #33
pr240sx
Zilvia Addict

pr240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
What would be the shipping to 00921 for engine mounts only, and make them black please
Payment methods
Close up of the actual product (out of the car)
Old 04-27-2005, 03:31 PM   #34
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
did you read this at all?

they're ONLY green right now as this is the maiden run of the custom mounts. they dont make a tranny mount yet either

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Old 04-27-2005, 04:38 PM   #35
clean
Zilvia Junkie

clean is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to clean
hey count me in, i just have to get e nismo tranny mount then since you dont make them yet. pm my fat ass and i'll pay you asap. thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 09:45 PM   #36
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean
hey count me in, i just have to get e nismo tranny mount then since you dont make them yet. pm my fat ass and i'll pay you asap. thanks
I can get you the nismo tranny mount .

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:24 AM   #37
sr240mike
Zilvia FREAK!

sr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her self
Seriously, $85 for 2 pieces of Urethane tubes? First call to a urethane machining company quoted me about $45 for 10 pieces with your durometer rating of 70. But thats not including hardware. It looks like on that second pic the urethane is deforming, you could have at least use a washer on top and bottom of it.

TWO IN THE COOT, ONE IN THE POOT
Old 04-29-2005, 11:59 AM   #38
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr240mike
Seriously, $85 for 2 pieces of Urethane tubes? First call to a urethane machining company quoted me about $45 for 10 pieces with your durometer rating . But thats not including hardware. It looks like on that second pic the urethane is deforming, you could have at least use a washer on top and bottom of it.
Ya well, if you read the thread completely, you would see I stated these are custom made not off the shelf stuff. urethane tubes? Using a Urethane tube would not properly support the weight of the engine. In addition, from a engineering perspective, you would realize that a urethane tube with a bolt through the middle would transfer the majority of the vibration directly through the bolt .
In case your wondering, there are steel plates moulded into the urethane on each side of the mount.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:58 AM   #39
Frappe
Zilvia Junkie

Frappe is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Frappe Send a message via Yahoo to Frappe
So when are you going to start taking/shipping orders for these?
Old 05-04-2005, 04:47 AM   #40
blk240sx

blk240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
after some thought i have decied that without the tranny mount this is not a good investment .... so i am leaning towards the Nismo mounts...i mean what am i supposed to do till you make one....however if you get arround to making a tranny mount and there is a black somewhere in the color selection, before my motor arrives, i will buy yours.......GET ON THE TRANNY MOUNT !
Old 05-04-2005, 04:29 PM   #41
s14turbosilvia
Zilvia Addict

s14turbosilvia has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to s14turbosilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk240sx
after some thought i have decied that without the tranny mount this is not a good investment .... so i am leaning towards the Nismo mounts...i mean what am i supposed to do till you make one....however if you get arround to making a tranny mount and there is a black somewhere in the color selection, before my motor arrives, i will buy yours.......GET ON THE TRANNY MOUNT !
I second that.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:25 PM   #42
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14turbosilvia
I second that.

ok here is the deal people. the first run is Yellow, there is no way around that! We will have black ones coming in a few weeks, if you want them now, Yellow is how they are going to be!

Yellow ones are priced as follows $85 per set
Black ones will be $100 per set
you want the better price you will have to get yellows.
As far as transmission mounts go, they are not nearly as straight forward to manufacture as the engine mounts. If you got underneath your car and looked at your trans mount, you would see, how complicated they really are, in the manufacturing process.
Not that we are not going to try and go there,but its just not as easy a process, to the point, that we can say, oh snap, here we just made the transmission mounts.
In the interim, what I can do, is offer you the Nismo trans mount with the motor mounts for $40 more. do the math that works out to $125 for a set of motor mounts with Nismo trans mount for yellow and $140 a set for blacks.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-05-2005, 11:31 AM   #43
internetaardvark
Leaky Injector

internetaardvark is an unknown quantity at this point
when will you need the money by. And also when you say they are the same hight as stock the stock ones sag as time goes on, this sucks for performance but it makes the motor sit a little lower which is good. By same hight as stock do you mean that when I replace my sagging mounts my motor will rise or will it stay at the same height. Sorry to be nit pickky. Btw I like your design it's much more straight forward than anyone elses.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #44
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetaardvark
when will you need the money by. And also when you say they are the same hight as stock the stock ones sag as time goes on, this sucks for performance but it makes the motor sit a little lower which is good. By same hight as stock do you mean that when I replace my sagging mounts my motor will rise or will it stay at the same height. Sorry to be nit pickky. Btw I like your design it's much more straight forward than anyone elses.
The mounts should be in stock next week. At that time we would be willing to start taking orders on them and shipping.
Our mounts were designed with the same height dimensions as a new stock mount. Urethane does not sag nearly as much as rubber over time.
Our mount is designed with a offset stud(like the stock mount) but without the indexing tab.
This allows you to rotate the position of the mount during installation.
As the factory crossmember is slotted it gives you slight ecentric adjustment , addressing height and directional clearance issues. This could be advantageous to custom turbo setups etc.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #45
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

ok guys these mounts are in stock . The heat shields will be finished in the next few days.
At this time I want to take a official head count, on who wants these now and start collecting cash, so we can start the shipment process. So speak up if you have or have not already. thank you

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:04 PM   #46
Frappe
Zilvia Junkie

Frappe is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Frappe Send a message via Yahoo to Frappe
heat shields?

I'm still in for the mounts, too. Where should I send payment?

Last edited by Frappe; 05-12-2005 at 09:04 AM..
Old 05-11-2005, 12:10 AM   #47
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frappe
heat shields? I'm in!
Heat shield? I wanna see pics. I made one of these for my old car and it looked awsome. i was wondering about a heat shield today while i was gawking at my redtop, and realized a stainless heat shield would look tits!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:33 AM   #48
usdms14
Leaky Injector

usdms14 is an unknown quantity at this point
motor mount

send me your paypal account info
Old 05-11-2005, 06:07 AM   #49
pr240sx
Zilvia Addict

I am in but need more details about the heatshield
and shipping info to 00921 please
Old 05-11-2005, 06:53 PM   #50
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

yes the heat shields will be stainless . I can see about getting a pic of the prototype from my partner.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #51
Usagi

Usagi is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been watching the thread and have found your design to be quite impressive. I've got several customer's interested in these mounts. Please put 11 sets aside for our shop. Can a local pickup be arranged?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:37 AM   #52
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

ok so here we go list wise
Usagi 11 pieces woohooo!!
Clean 1 set
Frappe 1 set
pr240 1 set
usdms14 1 set
internetaardvark 1 set
Blackzenki ??

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-13-2005, 12:45 AM   #53
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr240sx
I am in but need more details about the heatshield
and shipping info to 00921 please
ok I will have a pic of the heatshield in the morning. The shipping to Puerto Rico is $33 everyone else the average shipping price is going to be in the $15-20 range . so figure $105 shipped, with paypal fees. paypal account is [email protected]

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:05 AM   #54
usdms14
Leaky Injector

usdms14 is an unknown quantity at this point
how much to ship to hawaii
motor mount and tranny mount
the yellow ones
Old 05-13-2005, 12:18 PM   #55
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

ok Usagi, was insistant with cash in hand for the 11 sets and picked them up this morning.
Four yellow sets are left. I have an order in for 13 sets of black ones that should be ready in 2-3 weeks.
For anyone of the listed who cannot get the yellow ones due to backorder. I will give them a set of blacks at the yellow price.
Everyone else that is not on the list as of yet will pay full price for black ones which is $120 shipped. (continental U.S.)

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 05-14-2005 at 10:20 AM..
Old 05-14-2005, 10:21 AM   #56
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

heat shield pic above

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #57
pr240sx
Zilvia Addict

No problem with me
Just let me know when I have to send the $$
Either yellows (I will paint them wtf) of blacks
That heatshield is for?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:09 PM   #58
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr240sx
No problem with me
Just let me know when I have to send the $$
Either yellows (I will paint them wtf) of blacks
That heatshield is for?
I emailed you, go ahead and send your money now pr, also the heatshield is for the turbo side of the mounts.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:39 PM   #59
knghtryde
Zilvia Addict

knghtryde has a little shameless behavior in the past
How much extra will it cost for the heat shield?

When will you be getting yellow again. I do not want black. I want either yellow, red, or blue. Just anything but simple black. To plain.

Let me know. Thanks.

To push oneself to the limit is all that
one can do. To quit is to die.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:06 PM   #60
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

ok , I have two sets that were called for but the people are not responding. whoever wants these last two sets go ahead and hit me up first come first serve.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Closed Thread