Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States DC, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Alignment shop in Upstate?

Just got my S14 shipped to here upstate NY.

CANNOT find any dang alignment shop that would work on modified vehicle..

Does anyone know a good alignment shop that knows what they are doing?
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2015, 06:03 AM   #2
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
so they literally turn you away for a modded car?? I get mine done at a local(in Missouri tho) tires plus. but I know the guy personally who does it.
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:51 AM   #3
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
so they literally turn you away for a modded car?? I get mine done at a local(in Missouri tho) tires plus. but I know the guy personally who does it.
No, I just don't trust anybody or any shop just because they have alignment machine.

Guys who performs alignment told me they are not familiar with modified vehicles and simply they can only do factory specs.

So NO GO for me.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:51 AM   #4
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
blkvrtswp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I used this place near Albany around 18 years ago (crap I'm old....) and recall that they were competent and willing to do more than just set to factory specs. Was a race shop IIRC.

http://www.omlinsauto.com/
blkvrtswp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:44 AM   #5
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I have x2 cars with fully modified suspensions. and the idea is to get it back to factory specs anyway tho.
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #6
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
blkvrtswp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
By "more than just set to factory specs" I mean I want my alignment numbers to be EXACT settings, matched side-to-side. Not just "in the green factory range" where one side camber can be 1.0 degrees but the other 2.0 degrees, for example. A lot of places do not want to do the extra work - if it's "in the green" on the screen, it's done.
blkvrtswp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #7
K_style
Post Whore!

Ended up taking it to Broadway Auto Clinic in Menands NY. Supposedly lots of Audi folks go there to get their alignment done.

Shop was huge and they had no problem doing it with spec I wanted.

Picking the car up this afternoon and will let you know how that goes.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:51 AM   #8
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
Ended up taking it to Broadway Auto Clinic in Menands NY. Supposedly lots of Audi folks go there to get their alignment done.

Shop was huge and they had no problem doing it with spec I wanted.

Picking the car up this afternoon and will let you know how that goes.

Well this went SOUTH. The owner is a biggest douche in NY state. Told me how pain in the ass to do alignment on the car with modified suspension/arms when they are the one told me they do this kind of work all the time.

He wanted to chard $200 for alignment and told me it took 2 hours to do it.

Some of nuts were not tightened all the way and camber plates were not even and I don't like the way it drive.

Been looking for another shop. Went to Nissan dealer in Saratoga but their "Master Mechanic" didn't want to do it because he doesn't know what spec to work on.

Of course they didn't want to do it with my spec.