Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #1561
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
^^Seems you have a 89-90 fan. Looking at your condensor from the front of your car, it should be placed on the left side. There is only one way it bolts on. Someone will have to post a picture for you. I no longer use that fan.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #1562
nddavis2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
nddavis2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks for the help. So it should go over on the side of the alternator, upper radiator hose, battery, etc. Any shot you remember where it bolted to? Is it directly to the radiator or to something else? This would put it behind the fan shroud correct? Sorry for so many questions. Getting annoyed as hell. Putting a/c into a car that had it taken out is a pain.
nddavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #1563
MandTPhotography
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
MandTPhotography is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What are good tires that aren't terrible expensive that stretch well?

Tire size - 225/45/17
Wheel Size - 17x9.5

Options that don't such ass like Fuzion ZRI's I currently have?
MandTPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #1564
nddavis2
Zilvia Member

Never mind about the fan. Pretty sure I found what it goes to and where it bolts at. If this isn't the case then I'll be posting tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #1565
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nddavis2 View Post
Thanks for the help. So it should go over on the side of the alternator, upper radiator hose, battery, etc. Any shot you remember where it bolted to? Is it directly to the radiator or to something else? This would put it behind the fan shroud correct? Sorry for so many questions. Getting annoyed as hell. Putting a/c into a car that had it taken out is a pain.
No it should be in front, between the impact bar and condensor.

You say you have this fan, correct?

There is an L shaped bracket somewhere on the fan frame. That should be the top which bolts to a spot next to the hood latch.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #1566
odmoht
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (36)
odmoht is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
can anyone help me? having overheating problems.
when i turn on my heater, i get nothing but cold air, and my temp gauge goes to hot when im at idle and while driving.
could it be the heater core?
i just put in a new thermo stat, water pump is working, new alum radiator, new coolant temp sensor, and i tried to get as much air bubbles out as i could.
i also have a E-fan.
i havent messed with the heater core yet, cuz i duno how i guess
odmoht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #1567
odmoht
Zilvia Addict

double post...lag
sorry.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #1568
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
did you run your heater on full blast while flushing the system?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #1569
nddavis2
Zilvia Member

Thanks for that pic. That's where I was thinking after I went and looked again. Not looking forward to taking off the bumper to put this on...
Old 05-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #1570
odmoht
Zilvia Addict

yes sir, i did run the heater full blast while flushing.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #1571
Nizmo_max
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Nizmo_max is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
one quick question about 300zx front brakes...Is there a difference in front brake pads size in the 30mm caliper and the 26mm caliper? i have a 30mm caliper was jw if i have to get the speicfic size brake pads for my calipers?
Old 05-18-2010, 07:41 AM   #1572
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by odmoht View Post
can anyone help me? having overheating problems.
when i turn on my heater, i get nothing but cold air, and my temp gauge goes to hot when im at idle and while driving.
could it be the heater core?
i just put in a new thermo stat, water pump is working, new alum radiator, new coolant temp sensor, and i tried to get as much air bubbles out as i could.
i also have a E-fan.
i havent messed with the heater core yet, cuz i duno how i guess
Did you mount the thermostat with the jiggle valve at the top (12 o'clock position)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizmo_max View Post
one quick question about 300zx front brakes...Is there a difference in front brake pads size in the 30mm caliper and the 26mm caliper? i have a 30mm caliper was jw if i have to get the speicfic size brake pads for my calipers?
Nope. They are the same.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #1573
odmoht
Zilvia Addict

yessir i did, when i put the t stat into the t stat housing, jiggly part was facin 12 o clock.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:47 AM   #1574
joshls2
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
joshls2 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by odmoht View Post
yes sir, i did run the heater full blast while flushing.
check your heater core coolant switch and make sure it isn't stuck in the closed position. its likely to be the case. have a friend switch the heater on and off so you can see it with your own eyes.

your overheating is, I think, an unrelated issue. make sure you installed or thermostat properly. you should also do a coolant pressure test, there might be a leak you can't see. oh, and purging the system through the bleed screw isn't a system flush. run pressurized water in reverse through the rad then through the block's water jackets and then finally through the heater core using the heater core's coolant hoses. hope that helps!
joshls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #1575
odmoht
Zilvia Addict

if my heater core switch is closed, hypothetically, how would i fix that?
will try the pressure test and how would i go about doing the reverse method? water hose?
thanks for information, very big help!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #1576
bermeo240
Leaky Injector

bermeo240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bermeo240
ok so i have problem..i had my lsd(kazz 2way) for around 5 months. recently i changed my diff oil.then i realized i was hearing some weird loud noises. my friend told me to put rear subframe collars on and that shuold solve the porblem cause supposely my bushing were blown. i put the collars on and got an alignment since i never got one since the coilovers were put on. now i still have the problem. i get the loud noises wen i make turns(u turns,sharp turns, and even not so sharp turns) they told em it was normal to make noises but i dont think its normal for when i hear this clunking and feel my tranny shake really bad. then i got a flat and the wheel shop pull the car up and my friend got under the car and realized that u can move/shake the axles away from the diff
this part:

that is not my diff. jsut used it as and example
can that be it? or something else?...but one thing i am sure. that that is not normal. any info would be great.
bermeo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #1577
jiggs
Zilvia Junkie

jiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choices
whats the difference between the 91-94 dohc ka motor and trans and the 95-98 dohc ka motor and trans?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #1578
Jwow
BANNED

Jwow is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, there. How much does it cost to change the power steering pump for my 97 240sx? Or maybe how much for the whole Power steering? Thanks a lot.
Jwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #1579
nddavis2
Zilvia Member

Quick a/c question again. Have the condenser fan mounted and wired. Could not get ahold of the factory clips so wired the black wire from fan to the black wire for a/c from the control and the green wire i believe it was to the brown/white wire that also controls a/c. Is the fan supposed to come on as soon as the a/c button is pressed or does there have to be coolant in the system and the compressor kicked on?
Old 05-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #1580
ki_JDM_ds
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (56)
ki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really niceki_JDM_ds is just really nice
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
How long are the 300ZX 2+2 Rear E-Brake cables? I have a set of 300ZX cables but want to make sure they are correct for my S13 before I start tearing into it.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:21 PM   #1581
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermeo240 View Post
ok so i have problem..i had my lsd(kazz 2way) for around 5 months. recently i changed my diff oil.then i realized i was hearing some weird loud noises. my friend told me to put rear subframe collars on and that shuold solve the porblem cause supposely my bushing were blown. i put the collars on and got an alignment since i never got one since the coilovers were put on. now i still have the problem. i get the loud noises wen i make turns(u turns,sharp turns, and even not so sharp turns) they told em it was normal to make noises but i dont think its normal for when i hear this clunking and feel my tranny shake really bad. then i got a flat and the wheel shop pull the car up and my friend got under the car and realized that u can move/shake the axles away from the diff
this part:

can that be it? or something else?...but one thing i am sure. that that is not normal. any info would be great.
sounds like backlash. who installed the diff?
Old 05-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #1582
GunmetalSR
Zilvia Member

GunmetalSR is an unknown quantity at this point
is there anyway to get and use codes for all the zilvia smileys bc the ones on zilvia are amazing
GunmetalSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #1583
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
has anyone tried mounting 88-92 firebird gta meshies on a zenki?
they look like this

the bolt pattern is 5x4 3/4" ????? wtf kind of bolt pattern is that

oh and they're 16x8 so they're not too big i just don't know wtf that bolt pattern is lol
Old 05-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #1584
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
they look like this

oh and they're 16x8 so they're not too big i just don't know wtf that bolt pattern is lol
Bolt pattern dimensions

It's called Old-School SAE, if they don't fit, then they are obviously not the Japanese based 5x114.3.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #1585
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Marc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandTPhotography View Post
What are good tires that aren't terrible expensive that stretch well?

Tire size - 225/45/17
Wheel Size - 17x9.5

Options that don't such ass like Fuzion ZRI's I currently have?
Falken tires tretch nicely. Also look into zexius i-427's. I run them on my car. Good grip for daily, soft tread design, stretches easy. If you want to spend a little more money. Look into the Nitto Neo-gen tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermeo240 View Post
this part:

Backlash. Also there are bushings inside and diff for the output shafts. they might be blown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwow View Post
Hi, there. How much does it cost to change the power steering pump for my 97 240sx? Or maybe how much for the whole Power steering? Thanks a lot.
To do it yourself. Probably looking around $100. The whole powersterring setup will be expensive. Also if your having a shop do the work

Quote:
they look like this

Those will not fit 5x114.3/5x4.5

They are a GM based wheel pattern. Ford is the only other american company that is compaptable with some japanesse auto makers.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #1586
jing
Zilvia Member

jing is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a set of Stance GR+ for my S13 but to my surprise, I have an S14 5-bolt conversion up front. As such, the spindle bolts will not fit in the mounting holes on my coilovers. From what I have researched, here are my options:

1. Get S13 spindle bolts, then get sleeves from 5lugsleeves.com to fit in the spindle to fit the S13 bolts.
2. Drill out the mounting holes on my coilovers to accomodate the bigger 19mm S14 bolts.
3. Buy S14 lower mounting brackets from Stance.

#1 is sold out unfortunately and it's a few weeks wait which I don't feel like waiting around for. #2 would affect the ability to resell them in the future. #3 is the most expensive but the "right" way to do it.

Do I have any other options?
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #1587
zx6r1852
Zilvia Junkie

zx6r1852 is an unknown quantity at this point
hi i wanted to know how many stock front ends there are for an s13 and what are they called and how can you tell them apart and what years they come stock on?
zx6r1852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #1588
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
Quote:
they look like this

They fit I have them on mine

FS OEM RB25 PARTS
Smurf_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:37 AM   #1589
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
what do you guys say about Greddy RZ BOV?
i heard of people saying they leak? true?

i was going for HKS. i tried searching HKS BOV VS Greddy RZ BOV but nothing except for 1 but it was for SRT folks. i would like to hear your opinion.

if you have experience of the Greddy RZ BOV, how long did it last for you? any leaks? tell me something
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #1590
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
what do you guys say about Greddy RZ BOV?
i heard of people saying they leak? true?

i was going for HKS. i tried searching HKS BOV VS Greddy RZ BOV but nothing except for 1 but it was for SRT folks. i would like to hear your opinion.

if you have experience of the Greddy RZ BOV, how long did it last for you? any leaks? tell me something
How much PSI are you running?

Only in the 2NR industry would people pay +$50 for a spring actuated pressure valve.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote