Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #20521
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habibi240 View Post
can anyone help?

Sounds like tune is off or cas is stabbed incorrectly. Whats being used for timing light signal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #20522
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
That's normal.

The US driveshaft doesn't fit with the dust boot because of the rubber bushing. The original SR driveshaft has a u-joint instead of that rubber bushing and thus fits with the dust cover.
Yeah I get that. But it's still normal that it sicks about an inch out?
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:16 PM   #20523
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
It doesn't stick out any more than usual.

The dust cover goes back like 3" and covers it up, so you're not supposed to be able to see it.

It's fine.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:43 PM   #20524
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Also, can someone tell me how the powersteering lines should be routed? Funny enough, the factory service manual doesn't seem to cover this.

1992 240sx with S14 SR20DET swap. Is the pump from an S14? The lines all look jacked up. First thing I notice is that the high pressure line goes straight back when it seems like the factory setup makes a 180 degree angle and loops forward 1st. I also notice that that same hardline from the pump is at 45 degree angle, most pictures I see shows the line going straight back like here:

In fact both the in and out are straight back as mines are both angled.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #20525
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
Also, can someone tell me how the powersteering lines should be routed? Funny enough, the factory service manual doesn't seem to cover this.

1992 240sx with S14 SR20DET swap. Is the pump from an S14? The lines all look jacked up. First thing I notice is that the high pressure line goes straight back when it seems like the factory setup makes a 180 degree angle and loops forward 1st. I also notice that that same hardline from the pump is at 45 degree angle, most pictures I see shows the line going straight back like here:

In fact both the in and out are straight back as mines are both angled.
Looks like an S14 SR pump. The stock photo you posted is probably from a KA. KA pump went strait back, SR is at an angle. I went and looked at pics from my swap, and it looks like you have the high-pressure hose mounted backwards. The elbow should come out of the pump and go forward, not backwards like in that pic. You can actually move the KA stub onto the SR pump if you want. Or just leave your hoses routed as-is. I think the angle just gives a little more room for turbo stuff on that side of the engine. Really, at first glance I only noticed your reservoir to pump hose was slightly kinked.

Here's the clearest pic I can find showing how the hose should be going forward:

Just need to undo that banjo bolt and flip the hose around.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:53 PM   #20526
Habibi240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Habibi240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev71893 View Post
Sounds like tune is off or cas is stabbed incorrectly. Whats being used for timing light
Timing loop on harness and spark plug wire on CYL 1 same readings
Mechanical timing is spot on cas placement proper quadruple checked it all
Guess I'll get a retune with hopes high
Habibi240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:26 PM   #20527
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Looks like an S14 SR pump. The stock photo you posted is probably from a KA. KA pump went strait back, SR is at an angle. I went and looked at pics from my swap, and it looks like you have the high-pressure hose mounted backwards. The elbow should come out of the pump and go forward, not backwards like in that pic. You can actually move the KA stub onto the SR pump if you want. Or just leave your hoses routed as-is. I think the angle just gives a little more room for turbo stuff on that side of the engine. Really, at first glance I only noticed your reservoir to pump hose was slightly kinked.

Here's the clearest pic I can find showing how the hose should be going forward:

Just need to undo that banjo bolt and flip the hose around.
Thanks, that's what I thought. I bet the reservoir hose is kinked because it used to be attached to a KA pump, which presumably has the nipple pointing straight back.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:06 AM   #20528
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
Yeah I get that. But it's still normal that it sicks about an inch out?

The gap is there to allow front and back play when you are removing or installing the driveshaft. This is all completely normal.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #20529
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Price check on s15 6speed trans with clutch/flywheel
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #20530
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Any reason why my smart entrance control unit keeps going out or breaking on me? Second one that has went out on me...
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:33 PM   #20531
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

What COOLANT do you guys use in your SR20s? Should I go with a classic coolant like the Zerex Original Green or go for something more specific to all aluminum engines? I live up north so water wetter only mix is not gonna cut it.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:18 PM   #20532
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What COOLANT do you guys use in your SR20s? Should I go with a classic coolant like the Zerex Original Green or go for something more specific to all aluminum engines? I live up north so water wetter only mix is not gonna cut it.
Classic green stuff is fine. I use the Prestone 50/50 premixed stuff. The SR has <edit> derp, ignore me

Last edited by LoSt180; 12-06-2016 at 11:55 AM..
Old 12-05-2016, 03:22 PM   #20533
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Classic green stuff is fine. I use the Prestone 50/50 premixed stuff. The SR has an iron block with aluminum head.

No, it does not. The KA is iron block. SR is aluminum.

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:35 PM   #20534
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
No, it does not. The KA is iron block. SR is aluminum.

This ^

jeez how is this not common knowledge. Do yall not read the wikipedia articles for all these engines? I"ve sorta read almost all of them for most famous jap engines for fun. Next time your waiting around for something you should read up on em, its a productive way to pass time.
They have an article for like every toyota,honda,nissan, etc engine out there
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:26 AM   #20535
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
This ^

jeez how is this not common knowledge. Do yall not read the wikipedia articles for all these engines? I"ve sorta read almost all of them for most famous jap engines for fun. Next time your waiting around for something you should read up on em, its a productive way to pass time.http://icandy.zilvia.net/img/smilies/naughty.gif
Agreed! This is why they say never to use a magnetic oil drain bolt either. It doesn't work with Aluminum
Old 12-06-2016, 05:57 AM   #20536
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
This ^

jeez how is this not common knowledge. Do yall not read the wikipedia articles for all these engines? I"ve sorta read almost all of them for most famous jap engines for fun. Next time your waiting around for something you should read up on em, its a productive way to pass time.
Don't mind me, had a derp moment. Regular green coolant is still just fine though.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:20 AM   #20537
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Agreed! This is why they say never to use a magnetic oil drain bolt either. It doesn't work with Aluminum
Expect for all the other alloys in the motor that are...
Old 12-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #20538
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
The SR has an iron block with aluminum head.
RIP bro cmon lol
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:02 AM   #20539
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Does anyone know what brand RUCA gives the most negative camber?
Old 12-07-2016, 12:10 PM   #20540
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
dumb question, sorry!
Old 12-07-2016, 05:22 PM   #20541
Young Sileighty Kev
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (22)
Young Sileighty Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Gas leaking from dust plate area (trans) could this be because the crank shaft seal is bad?
Also the starter sparked when I tried to loosen the harness/bolt side from the solenoid, could be a short? Any place I should look?
The car does not start, at first it cranks very slowly then starts to sound like an ak, there's fast repeated ticking sounds coming from right side of motor.
Young Sileighty Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:11 AM   #20542
Jsachse96

Jsachse96 is an unknown quantity at this point
So this is off the topic of cars, and more on the topic of the forum itself. I've been a member for a few years, but I've been fairly dormant. Now I'm here and i want to start my first ever thread. My question for the group... HOW?! I've looked everywhere for something that says start a new thread, but to no avail. Sorry for being such a noob and all, but I'm confused and reaching out for other people's help... The idiot's guide to Zilvia, Please!
Jsachse96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #20543
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsachse96 View Post
So this is off the topic of cars, and more on the topic of the forum itself. I've been a member for a few years, but I've been fairly dormant. Now I'm here and i want to start my first ever thread. My question for the group... HOW?! I've looked everywhere for something that says start a new thread, but to no avail. Sorry for being such a noob and all, but I'm confused and reaching out for other people's help... The idiot's guide to Zilvia, Please!
Not sure what the number is for Zilvia, but most forums won't let new users create threads until after a certain number of posts. I'm guessing it's more than 2 based on your current post count.

It's an anti-spam measure to limit the reach of bots that simply create accounts and post threads asking you to buy sunglasses or something equally crappy.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:51 AM   #20544
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hit up a moderator and let'm know. Or post
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:57 AM   #20545
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Hes probably trying to create threads in categories with limits? Otherwise I dont really see how he can miss the New Thread button
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #20546
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm ready for the critics.

Anyone using this header in their S14:
http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...4de-91-98.html

If so, did it fit without any modifications?

I really don't want to by a $400 DC header and I can't seem to find one used.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #20547
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post

If its a stock n/a KA do you really need a header?

I would get if my stock header was leaky, but meh.

kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 01:15 PM   #20548
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If its a stock n/a KA do you really need a header?

I would get if my stock header was leaky, but meh.

I don't really need one, but I plan to upgrade the exhaust, so I might as well put on a better than stock header.

But I thought I read some where that a S13 KA header doesn't not really fit into a S14 car because the location steering shaft is slightly different. So seeing a header listed as 91 to 98 is a little weird to me.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #20549
Jsachse96

Jsachse96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Not sure what the number is for Zilvia, but most forums won't let new users create threads until after a certain number of posts. I'm guessing it's more than 2 based on your current post count.

It's an anti-spam measure to limit the reach of bots that simply create accounts and post threads asking you to buy sunglasses or something equally crappy.
Ahh fair enough.. I guess I need to get a bit more involved in the conversations going on. Going to stray away from the technical stuff though because I literally have NO clue what I'm doing anymore

Jsachse96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 04:39 AM   #20550
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post

Log Onto Amazon
Input YEAR 240SX OBX Racing Header
Apply for Citi credit card for $50 Amazon Gift Card
Select header($175)
Got to shopping cart
Apply gift card
NOW at payment, DESELECT CITI CARD
Select typical payment plus 50 gift card
Price with free shipping is now $125

Go into account AND REMOVE CITI Card. When the card comes in the mail, Cancel it, by sending it back to them cut in two pieces with teh note on teh paper in red stating CANCEL

Then buy a Meegan test pipe on Enjuku for $35 and be done with exhaust
Oh, amazon also has several mufflers to fit oe pipe, as well as cheap ass N1 knock offs too for cat back