Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #1621
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I like oem, clean aftermarket, and aggressive aftermarket. as long as everything else with the car flows like it should, like paint, wheels, ride height.. blah blah. personally i chose vertex because it looked perfect for street and aggressive enough for me . plus no one in my area had it.

RULES:

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #1622
mizono
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mizono is making a name for him/her selfmizono is making a name for him/her selfmizono is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
Factory aero bumper is best bumper for street cars. Won't get played out until ebay starts making FRP reps and fake brick headlights. OEM aero bumper forever!

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better. I find it tasteless and ironic when some say that they don't like oem aero and then post a jacked up pic of their s13 with poor fitment/huge gaps with body and bumper/side skirts, and miss matched color scheme.

mizono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #1623
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizono View Post
Thank you. I couldn't have said it better. I find it tasteless and ironic when some say that they don't like oem aero and then post a jacked up pic of their s13 with poor fitment/huge gaps with body and bumper/side skirts, and miss matched color scheme.
^^^clean

Exactly what I was going to say lol. BN kits have looked like complete shit since the 90's. Terrible. There is no point to having a huge flair around the whole entire car. Boring always looks better than "shit". Stock is not boring......broadfield and Damon do a good job at proving that. Just to name a couple. There are numerous things you can do to enhance stock looks without major body panel changes. The only downfall to the aero bumper I see is the small opening for the intercooler. Us guys with massive intercoolers kind of get screwed. I don't like cutting up original pieces but I may have to throw some n-1 ducts in there or something. Got to let that ARC intercooler breathe lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #1624
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
^^^clean

Exactly what I was going to say lol. BN kits have looked like complete shit since the 90's. Terrible. There is no point to having a huge flair around the whole entire car. Boring always looks better than "shit". Stock is not boring......broadfield and Damon do a good job at proving that. Just to name a couple. There are numerous things you can do to enhance stock looks without major body panel changes. The only downfall to the aero bumper I see is the small opening for the intercooler. Us guys with massive intercoolers kind of get screwed. I don't like cutting up original pieces but I may have to throw some n-1 ducts in there or something. Got to let that ARC intercooler breathe lol.
Actually the BN Type 3 is amazing! and the point of a huge flair going all around the car is to increase downforce to help the car stick to the ground, which isn't very much! but still does. The thing about modding the looks of the are is to each his own, take my widebody I did it due to not wanting massive amounts of camber in the rear and wanting to run a bigger tire. I'd actually like to see your car bosshogg.
CleanAndLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #1625
up in smoke
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
up in smoke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^^
up in smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #1626
rhdsilvi85
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
rhdsilvi85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
heres the pic of my car needs lots of work alot done already but just needing minor touches!!!!

rhdsilvi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #1627
nismolvr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
nismolvr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
s13 some shots

Old 12-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #1628
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanAndLegit View Post
Actually the BN Type 3 is amazing! and the point of a huge flair going all around the car is to increase downforce to help the car stick to the ground, which isn't very much! but still does. The thing about modding the looks of the are is to each his own, take my widebody I did it due to not wanting massive amounts of camber in the rear and wanting to run a bigger tire. I'd actually like to see your car bosshogg.

I conform to rules, my car isn't in the shape to be posted in this section yet. I don't want to take away from the people posting some really clean rides. Lots of work going on...as you can understand judging by looking at your ride. Not to mention waiting on numerous parts from Japan that sound like they wont be here till the new year . Always something holding up the process. But I will give you my exterior mods so you can picture in your head.

This is what I physically own so far that in someway enhances exterior look. All is authentic.

S13 Silvia front end
Brick Headlights
S13 Silvia K's Aero front bumper
S13 Silvia K's Aero side skirts
S13 Silvia K's Aero rear valences
JUN fiberglass s13 silvia hood
JUN fiberglass grill
Tomei amber corner light covers
Tomei headlight intake---not on the street obviously
New OEM rear bumper
Shaved body line/antenna
Silvia trunk lock

my wheel collection
Super Advan racing Ver. 2 metallic blue
Work VS-XX--silver (daoud's old wheels)
Blitz type 03----polished (damons old wheels)
Super advan SA3R--- silver
R32 GTR wheels---don't clear BBK up front

R32 Skyline brakes rear, brembo rotors
Greddy/Grex Big Brake kit up front (greddy gold), 13 inch 2 piece rotors (greddy gold anodized duralumin centers). Same you see on GarageMak and Top Secret....just not 6 pot lol.

ARC intercooler peaking through the front bumper.
KTS full titanium exhaust peaking out the back

Car will be nissan super black.

Simple, Clean, and Classy.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #1629
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
I conform to rules, my car isn't in the shape to be posted in this section yet. I don't want to take away from the people posting some really clean rides. Lots of work going on...as you can understand judging by looking at your ride. Not to mention waiting on numerous parts from Japan that sound like they wont be here till the new year . Always something holding up the process. But I will give you my exterior mods so you can picture in your head.

This is what I physically own so far that in someway enhances exterior look. All is authentic.

S13 Silvia front end
Brick Headlights
S13 Silvia K's Aero front bumper
S13 Silvia K's Aero side skirts
S13 Silvia K's Aero rear valences
JUN fiberglass s13 silvia hood
JUN fiberglass grill
Tomei amber corner light covers
Tomei headlight intake---not on the street obviously
New OEM rear bumper
Shaved body line/antenna
Silvia trunk lock

my wheel collection
Super Advan racing Ver. 2 metallic blue
Work VS-XX--silver (daoud's old wheels)
Blitz type 03----polished (damons old wheels)
Super advan SA3R--- silver
R32 GTR wheels---don't clear BBK up front

R32 Skyline brakes rear, brembo rotors
Greddy/Grex Big Brake kit up front (greddy gold), 13 inch 2 piece rotors (greddy gold anodized duralumin centers). Same you see on GarageMak and Top Secret....just not 6 pot lol.

ARC intercooler peaking through the front bumper.
KTS full titanium exhaust peaking out the back

Car will be nissan super black.

Simple, Clean, and Classy.
mhmmmm

and i haven't even seen it (:

good work!
only con IMO is the shaved body line ):
good color choice (:

wrong place to ask but I'M DIEING to have the TOMEI headlight intake!
sell? maybe? trade you my brick for it
CleanAndLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #1630
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Quote:
mhmmmm

Agreed. Keep us updated.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #1631
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
mhmmmm

good work!
only con IMO is the shaved body line ):
good color choice (:

wrong place to ask but I'M DIEING to have the TOMEI headlight intake!
sell? maybe? trade you my brick for it
heh, thats just the half of it. The body line thing wasn't a real big idea or issue with me. But after seeing it gone, it looks more up to date. Not so 80's lol. Hard to really see, I think the black helps hide the fact its gone to. So it flows well. I'm talking about the thin one through the handles, not the huge one around the bottom, just to clarify.

That is the only pic I will post, all rest will be saved for build thread.....just may take a few months lol.

Back on topic.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #1632
mizono
Leaky Injector

mizono is making a name for him/her selfmizono is making a name for him/her selfmizono is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
heh, thats just the half of it. The body line thing wasn't a real big idea or issue with me. But after seeing it gone, it looks more up to date. Not so 80's lol. Hard to really see, I think the black helps hide the fact its gone to. So it flows well. I'm talking about the thin one through the handles, not the huge one around the bottom, just to clarify.

That is the only pic I will post, all rest will be saved for build thread.....just may take a few months lol.

Back on topic.
Please post pics when your car is together I'm interested in how it turns out.
mizono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #1633
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I wasnt trying to start a dick sizing shitfest.

Just saying EVERYONE and they're fucking mom has a aero bumper these days. I mean Im not saying I dont absolutely love it and will end up getting one for my 2tone. I guess Im just annoyed that nobody does anything original. I mean I LOVE the look of all OEM silvia aero, but it seems like people would be trying to have some variation at this point. I mean for newbs to be building stock cars with no real style is kinda sad at this point, since pretty much every option has been laid out in some way. Just start slapping things together. I already know what body pieces Im using for my car and its a combo of OEM and aftermarket. but I have also had since freaking 2002 or so to decide and see what i did and didnt like.

As soon as I get all my medical issues and bills out of the way, and get out of this wheelchair, I will build some surprises.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #1634
Wanabe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Wanabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
People get bored. I said oem aero for life, got bored then changed it up. LOL @drftx well put.

There's the 4 tiers starting with stock body, then you have oem aero guys. Then there's the vertex style stuff or non agressive origin stuff, which is a huge middle ground. Then you have the BN/D-max type III 50mm over with giant 18 inch dish wheels.

I myself am on the 3rd tier, fast approaching the 4th. I've done them all... not well either, I'm not bragging here haha.
Wanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:28 AM   #1635
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post

Just saying EVERYONE and they're fucking mom has a aero bumper these days. I mean Im not saying I dont absolutely love it and will end up getting one for my 2tone. I guess Im just annoyed that nobody does anything original. I mean I LOVE the look of all OEM silvia aero, but it seems like people would be trying to have some variation at this point. I mean for newbs to be building stock cars with no real style is kinda sad at this point, since pretty much every option has been laid out in some way. Just start slapping things together. I already know what body pieces Im using for my car and its a combo of OEM and aftermarket. but I have also had since freaking 2002 or so to decide and see what i did and didnt like.

As soon as I get all my medical issues and bills out of the way, and get out of this wheelchair, I will build some surprises.
Not that i've been around as long as a lot of you guys, but the forum is in part to blame. People LOVE to bash shit that doesn't conform/fit/different, so now that we see an increase in conforming; ride height,styling,etc it kinda ruins the fun, eh? People simply look at the cars find several that look the same with a particular style and they replicate it. OVER AND OVER and beat it into the fucking ground. So, you either have to make a knock out fucking killer car, or your just one of the other bozo's with the same shit.
However luckily i've never been a conformist, and will keep doing unique things
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #1636
LiveLowSilvia
Leaky Injector

LiveLowSilvia is on the path to ruinLiveLowSilvia is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
Factory aero bumper is best bumper for street cars. Won't get played out until ebay starts making FRP reps and fake brick headlights. OEM aero bumper forever!
Point well made. I just love this side profile of the Silvia Aero.
Square, but rounded off.. Sporty, yet elegant..

Ok I'm done before I get carried away
Old 12-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #1637
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabe View Post
People get bored. I said oem aero for life, got bored then changed it up. LOL @drftx well put.

There's the 4 tiers starting with stock body, then you have oem aero guys. Then there's the vertex style stuff or non agressive origin stuff, which is a huge middle ground. Then you have the BN/D-max type III 50mm over with giant 18 inch dish wheels.

I myself am on the 3rd tier, fast approaching the 4th. I've done them all... not well either, I'm not bragging here haha.

^ well put! BN WIDE BODY DISHED WHEELS FO LIFEEEEE
Old 12-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #1638
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post

yeah that is the big issue. everything has been done, and it's tough to do something original without making it yourself. if i every go body kit and overfenders i know which kit i'm using, and hardly anyone has used it. but i'm not telling anyone so people don't use my ideas.

off topic, but how you feeling man? i'm assuming that your constant presence on Zilvia means a lot better
rules: from July 2012
Old 12-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #1639
Wanabe
Zilvia Member

Wanabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got a free Carbon Fiber GT wing so prepare your hatred
Wanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #1640
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

PG BOOSTED is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
personally i love them
PG BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #1641
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #1642
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
friends
Old 12-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #1643
drftx
Post Whore!

drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Quote:
sweet man ill be getting a BCL wing
Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #1644
+Juan

+Juan is an unknown quantity at this point
pignose lip..and some $100 skirts i got...theyre a tad bigger than what I wanted..

+Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #1645
drftx
Post Whore!

whoaaaaaa them integras though......
Old 12-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #1646
kevinzhou
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
kevinzhou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
more pic on that exhaust!!!
kevinzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #1647
+Juan

+Juan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinzhou View Post
more pic on that exhaust!!!
lol...i like how it looks from the rear...from the side its a bit big..lol.
but eitherway i did it at my job for close to free..i got alot of hate over it and funny facial expressions..so thats why the sticker is there

+Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #1648
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftx View Post
whoaaaaaa them integras though......
Them integras actually look pretty good lol, I'd rock it. Clean coupe as well, +Juan.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #1649
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

PG BOOSTED is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by +Juan View Post
pignose lip..and some $100 skirts i got...theyre a tad bigger than what I wanted..

Can you tell us more about this car? its really clean
PG BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #1650
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxball88 View Post
Not that i've been around as long as a lot of you guys, but the forum is in part to blame. People LOVE to bash shit that doesn't conform/fit/different, so now that we see an increase in conforming; ride height,styling,etc it kinda ruins the fun, eh? People simply look at the cars find several that look the same with a particular style and they replicate it. OVER AND OVER and beat it into the fucking ground. So, you either have to make a knock out fucking killer car, or your just one of the other bozo's with the same shit.
However luckily i've never been a conformist, and will keep doing unique things
i know what you mean about people here but thats exactly my point. people come here to find the cookie cutter example of hat they want and never do anymore than that. I used to look through EVERY boduy kit manufacturer and EVERY model they made until i found the exact look i liked. Had nothing to do with zilvia opinion. When i first joined I was too scared to post because people were so freaking mean, and thats before people even started really importing shit or doing SR swaps. I just think people need to stop trying to impress everyone else and go back to building cars they like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
yeah that is the big issue. everything has been done, and it's tough to do something original without making it yourself. if i every go body kit and overfenders i know which kit i'm using, and hardly anyone has used it. but i'm not telling anyone so people don't use my ideas.

off topic, but how you feeling man? i'm assuming that your constant presence on Zilvia means a lot better
rules: from July 2012
And yes while everything has been done it seems to me like that would make it easier to see what your options are and do something better or one off.

Im doing pretty good bro, starting to regain movement in my legs and regaining bowel control. May seem strange but its a pretty big deal. My current treatment is acupuncture and intensive PT which is costing me about $1400 a week, but it will be worth if I can walk and drive again soon. So since Im stuck in a wheelchair and not really doing shit, expect to see a lot more of me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
burst gives me wood
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote