Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #31
dreamin240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
dreamin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dreamin240sx
Rust rust rust
Old 05-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #32
Steinkrunk
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Steinkrunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaanne View Post
my dad knows a lot about cars and my bf can help out a lot too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHx9khi_QxI

Easy way to find information is search. Or go through trial and error. I bought my first 240, it had alot of bolt ons but I bought it without looking it all over. Brought it home to realize it was all rotted underneath. Then I bought a clean shell and swapped everything over. That taught me alot about these cars.

But google it, there are many write ups already on this subject. Long, step by step how-to's and what-to-look-for's. Hell, I think sport compact car did a whole damn article on what to look for when buying a 240. The info is out there, search for it instead of asking to be "fed".
Old 05-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #33
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I agree with a lot of the what the others are saying, i'd just like to add something to the things to look for when assessing whether a car (any car, not just a 240) is worth purchasing:

Look at how the body panels fit, if they seem to be uneven and the doors don't close right, then there's likely a major problem with the body. Mechanical problems can be fixed pretty easily (although not always inexpensively), but body problems are a hole other ballgame, especially if it's not just rusty. If there's a kink in the framrails or the unibody panels, or the body is twisted due to an accident, then it'll never be the same as factory. Even if you took it to a body shop, it would never be the same.

So take a really good long look at the body and how the panels fit together and if you see anything out of alignment, have someone you trust, or a professional shop, have a look at it.

I'm not saying you should simply walk away from a car just because it's gaps aren't perfect, however, nobody on zilvia would have bought their cars if that was the criteria. Just try to make sure you're not walking into a bodywork nightmare and are force to buy a new shell or new car just because the body was dead like Steinkrunk had to...

Hope that helps a bit...

There's just NO REPLACEMENT for EXPERIENCE .....

Good luck, glad to see another female interested in the scene...
Old 05-27-2011, 09:00 AM   #34
mitcheyismyname
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
mitcheyismyname is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
If only Zilvia was this nice to every newcomer and not just a female. (I would call shens but eh....)

on topic:

the problems you'll run/ be running into are the same as with any 20+ year old car.

240's in particular though have problems like the headlights not working properly. HUD, power window/antenna (if applies).

S13 hatchbacks are notorious for trunk hatch rust.

And uh...since you're a female....just throwing this out there...

240 = dick magnet......240+female owner/driver = super dick magnet.

Best advice...do your own research, use the search function.

And welcome to Zilvia I guess.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #35
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Its a twenty year old car, you can't expect gold
This ^

Be prepared to put some money into it because things break when they get old. When I bought mine it was super clean but right after I bought it the clutch went out.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #36
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaanne View Post
my name is krista.

My Boy friend is im really intrested in the nissan 240's, and I dont want him to keep ignoring me, so I am too.

im young and i want to shouldlearn a lot aboutthese cars. Google searching.

what are some basics and things you should just KNOW about these cars so I can talk cars with the boys and try to get some positive attention from them.

what are common problems you run into with 240's so I know what my daddy will be fixing.

just feed me some basic info or things i should really know because, as a fat person I am lazy as shit, hence the reason I am not using google.

ill realy appriciate any help and replys! thanks... anybody that wants to do my footwork for me since I am a girl. Its nice to see people more pathetic then me, and a wonderful double standard with noobs going on.
shame on you zilvians for letting this continue.
Any guy would never been able to ask us to do their footwork.
How hard up are you saps??
Old 05-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #37
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Seriously.

Want to learn about S-chassis? You can start by searching on google, reading various how-to's, watching videos on youtube, and searching on here.

As someone previously mentioned, it's a 20+ year old car. You can't expect it to be perfect.

You want some real/logical advice? Stay away from them. Unless you plan on spending around $2000-$3000 for a fair condition stock one and then another several hundred replacing bushings, ball joints, tune up, etc, I wouldn't bother.

They become money pits almost immediately.

Now, search. We're not here to spoon feed every single new member (girl or not, I could give a shit less).

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
Closed Thread