Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #61
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
Afaik no one was debating that 96+ is/was obd2. the discussion was about 94-95 s14s and if they are obd2 or obd1. JWT says my 3/94 s14 is a OBD (3C Ecu) and as far as I can tell it looks like OBD2 to me since I have all the obd ports.
It has the OBD2 port but they don't have the fuel tank pressure monitoring. It is not full OBD2, it's more like OBD 1.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
We win because of smog and earthquakes.
Cali wins because of HURRICANES. We get an earthquake once every decade or so. You get hurricanes on the regular. Not to mention RIDICULOUS humidity, retirement communities, and swamps...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #62
kojiki88
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
kojiki88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
http://youtu.be/VRSmAVBFs6w
Old 12-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #63
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Where have you been hiding the last year? The fail that has come out of FL has topped Cali in quantity ten fold, though quality is debatable.
Read what I said again. Slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
It has the OBD2 port but they don't have the fuel tank pressure monitoring. It is not full OBD2, it's more like OBD 1.5.

Cali wins because of HURRICANES. We get an earthquake once every decade or so. You get hurricanes on the regular. Not to mention RIDICULOUS humidity, retirement communities, and swamps...
The humidity isn't bad in the right area. I moved here a year ago, and growing up in North Carolina and going to grad school in Michigan I can tell you summers are way more humid in both of those areas of the country. Also, we haven't had a real hurricane since 2006.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #64
240zach
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
240zach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i seriously cant handle how stupid this guy is...
Old 12-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #65
240zach
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
240zach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
so i've got an s14 zenki that has the production date of 94, i noticed that a few parts like the tie rod and control arm stuff is s13 stuff rather than normal s14, and i was wondering if my springs/coils would also be s13, or should i shop for s14?

also fun fact, although it's a 94 production date it has obd2 ._.
Quote:
i have a zenki s14
the production date on it is in the year 94 so therefor it has some s13 parts where s14 parts would be (like the control arm and tie rod for example)
I need to know if i should buy s13, or s14 coilovers.
Quote:
the control arm, and linkage for sway bar, tie rod inner and outer are all s13 as i replaced those myself.

did you really try and make people who look at this shit everyday believe that your s14 came stock with s13 parts just because your a dumbass and put s13 parts in? ya did didnt you..
Old 12-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #66
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
The humidity isn't bad in the right area. I moved here a year ago, and growing up in North Carolina and going to grad school in Michigan I can tell you summers are way more humid in both of those areas of the country. Also, we haven't had a real hurricane since 2006.
We haven't had a real earthquake since 1994... (crossing my fingers and toes + knocking on every piece of wood I can find)

I'm not saying that there aren't WORSE places than Florida.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #67
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Thread has been derailed badly, lol.

With that said, I'm going to have to side with FL a little bit because NorCal is going through a phase where it's cool to drive a piece of shit with fucked up aero and ebay parts because "it's a missile" when about 1 out of 65 owners actually track their cars. In SoCal, it's almost the same but it's frowned upon unless you're from some Hispanic/Latino dominant community and don't get me started about the Filipinos in SoCal either.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #68
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Thread has been derailed badly, lol.

With that said, I'm going to have to side with FL a little bit because NorCal is going through a phase where it's cool to drive a piece of shit with fucked up aero and ebay parts because "it's a missile" when about 1 out of 65 owners actually track their cars. In SoCal, it's almost the same but it's frowned upon unless you're from some Hispanic/Latino dominant community and don't get me started about the Filipinos in SoCal either.
240 owners EVERYWHERE are going through that "phase". It's not fair to blame Nor-Cal. Same with Filipinos...

This thread NEVER had a point and was "derailed" from the start, why not have a little useless fun before it's over?

RETARDED IS NOT A POINT!

Old 12-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #69
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
240 owners EVERYWHERE are going through that "phase". It's not fair to blame Nor-Cal. Same with Filipinos...

This thread NEVER had a point and was "derailed" from the start, why not have a little useless fun before it's over?

RETARDED IS NOT A POINT!

I'm not saying that you're an old fart but you're old enough to not give a shit about social networking sites like Instagram, Twitter, and maybe Facebook (if you don't like staying connected with fam and old friends).

And with that said, if only you've seen what I have seen...

You're right, it is everywhere but in states where social networking is used by almost everybody in their state, there is a SIGNIFICANT increase in the amount of garbage is posted and is praised by many.

I pointed the shame finger at California because NorCal is full of fanboy hipsters and the amount of pictures taken of the missile and the exposure that goes with it. Same goes with SoCal.

There's no need to coddle Filipinos and California, the amount of proud pinoys/pinays of their pieces of shit and fanboys is almost as bad as Florida. FWIW, I never said that FL > CA. Just had to point out where this state is at and why it's not that much better than FL.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #70
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
I'm not saying that you're an old fart but you're old enough to not give a shit about social networking sites like Instagram, Twitter, and maybe Facebook (if you don't like staying connected with fam and old friends).

And with that said, if only you've seen what I have seen...

You're right, it is everywhere but in states where social networking is used by almost everybody in their state, there is a SIGNIFICANT increase in the amount of garbage is posted and is praised by many.

I pointed the shame finger at California because NorCal is full of fanboy hipsters and the amount of pictures taken of the missile and the exposure that goes with it. Same goes with SoCal.

There's no need to coddle Filipinos and California, the amount of proud pinoys/pinays of their pieces of shit and fanboys is almost as bad as Florida. FWIW, I never said that FL > CA. Just had to point out where this state is at and why it's not that much better than FL.
Wait, I'm confused... How did social networking suddenly become a part of this conversation? I do have facebook, but I do not see a point to any of the others though.

Nor-cal is full of granola eating hippie environmentalists and I point my finger at them for out Nazi smog laws. Although Nor-cal is pretty nice, my dad lived up there for a while.

I'm not defending anyone, but consider this. Trash is trash. It doesn't matter if they're white, black, brown, or yellow. They're all trash...

I think you're taking my post a little too seriously. I'm just screwing around...
Old 12-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #71
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Oh, I'm not being too serious either. By social networks I was referring to the huge rise in exposure of the trash.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
Old 12-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #72
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I'm 7 years older then racepar and I have all the social medias. But I agree, it's become epidemic nation wide. Thankfully here in SW florida those kids are starting to change over to VW/Audi so it's slowly dying down in the s-chassis scene. And that's like heaven sent for me, I've owned a 240 since the mid 90s. I'm tired of broke ass kids giving ME a hard time because I don't drift my cars.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #73
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Read what I said again. Slowly.
No need to read it again, the count was never reset, FL just surpassed Cali by the amount of dumbass posts coming out of it in the last year. The stupidity of some of the posts have not been as bad but the sheer amount makes it way worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #74
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm tired of broke ass kids giving ME a hard time because I don't drift my cars.
That's the single most annoying thing about owning a 240. All the "Do you drift?" questions...

Then I either have to ignore them or explain at length that I never really got into drifting and did "grip" events instead.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #75
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Quote:
That's the single most annoying thing about owning a 240. All the "Do you drift?" questions...

Then I either have to ignore them or explain at length that I never really got into drifting and did "grip" events instead.
Easy way to end that conversation: "What is 'drifting'?"
Old 12-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #76
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Well this thread has gone off track...