Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
help me finish my fuel system because I am newb

Hello fellow zilvians,

I need some experienced advice.

The last thing on my list for the new car is fuel system. I've never seen or used "posh loc" style hose before and I need to know more about how to use it correctly.

1. I want to know if I can use this hose
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8-Syntheti...ZXjsy5&vxp=mtr

and clamp it directly onto the factory feed and return lines, and if not, how to go about doing that.

2. Next, I want to know if this barb fitting
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-3-8-bar...FUwSi3&vxp=mtr

which just says "barb" can be used somehow, and if the push loc line wont clamp to the factory feed/return, then I can use basic rubber fuel hose with these barb fittings in an aeromotive regulator to fuel the engine.

And finally ,
I want to use this regulator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aeromotive-1...torefresh=true

With some 6-an fittings, either push loc, or basic barb, unless you experienced have another regulator in mind (I've never bought a regulator before, always used OEM stuff). This is for LSx application 600~bhp.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2017, 08:04 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Buy the regulator from an authorized dealer...replicas exist.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:43 AM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Good advice, what do you think of it here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401228408594

Many sold good feedback, usually ok

I bought some barb fittings for the time being, and I bought a couple feet of pushloc hose to play with. The barbs will help me fuel the engine with regular rubber hose for now; when I figure out how the pushloc stuff works I will switch over to it. I've never had to setup an aftermarket regulator, well, almost. One time about 13 years ago I setup an aftermarket regulator on an EFI V8 setup in my backyard. I used braided hose though. I wanted to avoid hose ends because the real deal are very expensive, and I dont trust the chinese hose ends with fuel.

Seller responded:
"yes sir, we are 100% direct warehouse for Aeromotive.

I'd just call them up www.aeromotive.com and verify with
them. "
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #4
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
One time about 13 years ago I setup an aftermarket regulator on an EFI V8 setup in my backyard. I used braided hose though. I wanted to avoid hose ends because the real deal are very expensive, and I dont trust the chinese hose ends with fuel.
You mean AN fittings? Take a look at summit's own fittings, they're made in America and reasonably priced. I'm not one to like running shiny silver/blue/red hoses and fittings everywhere but I used their stuff for my oil cooler lines and turbo lines for the past 4 years with no issues. They also come in black