Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-28-2017, 08:58 AM   #1
Marahutay

Trader Rating: (0)
Marahutay is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much can I increase the fuel pressure?

rb25de(t) swapped s13 (10:1comp)
Factory injectors, factory rail, AEM universal fpr, precision 3431 turbo factory ecr33 ECU (afaik)
I'm running in the red at NOT on the wideband. If I blip the throttle afr'a dip down to 16 the back to red. It has a misfire- coil pack harness is on the way.

There's only a 4 lb spring in the gate and I'm just trying to drive this thing to a dyno. How much can I increase my fuel pressure at the rail to hep bring down my afr before I start risking damage to the injectors? They were flow tested and are a healthy consistent set. I also don't plan on using these injectors I have another set of DW's
Marahutay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Your misfire could be a lean misfire and have zero to do with actual wiring.

Increase to 4bar(59psi) on your pressure regulator if your pump can do it.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Marahutay

haha, if you saw the harness it came with you would want it gone regardless. The rest of the harness is brand new and I'm not about to skimp on the coil harness. Got a WS one for 29$ anyway.
The harness showed up today, so on Monday I'm gonna go out and put the AEM universal fpr on with the new harness and I'll crank it no higher than 4 bar. What is the reasoning behind the 4 bar suggestion?
Old 01-28-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marahutay View Post
haha, if you saw the harness it came with you would want it gone regardless. The rest of the harness is brand new and I'm not about to skimp on the coil harness. Got a WS one for 29$ anyway.
The harness showed up today, so on Monday I'm gonna go out and put the AEM universal fpr on with the new harness and I'll crank it no higher than 4 bar. What is the reasoning behind the 4 bar suggestion?
Factory is 3bar and you aren't going to gain much head room on 370cc's so no point in going higher. You need larger injectors. However, I'm not entirely convinced having 370cc's is your issue. Have you looked into calibrating or the condition of your wideband?
Old 01-28-2017, 04:33 PM   #5
Marahutay

The wideband has hardly seen any use. Spent a lot of time in the box until it was Installed. I never thought to check its calibration being brand new. It's 12 inches back from the turbine. I have a set of 740cc deatchwerks but I thought that might be overkill. I guess I could always run the pressure lower?
Old 01-28-2017, 09:06 PM   #6
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
you blip the throttle and it goes into the red- and you want to take it to a dyno?

RIP RB
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:05 PM   #7
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marahutay View Post
The wideband has hardly seen any use. Spent a lot of time in the box until it was Installed. I never thought to check its calibration being brand new. It's 12 inches back from the turbine. I have a set of 740cc deatchwerks but I thought that might be overkill. I guess I could always run the pressure lower?
It's common sense to ensure calibration or calibrate a new instrument before implementing it into service.

I would bin the redrilled injectors for a better set. DW injectors for the SR/KA do not have the best track record.

Running lower fuel pressure won't compensate for the added increase in fuel flow you'll add by installing the 740's. They are double the size as factory. You'll go from "full lean" to "full rich". Calibrate the wideband and go from there.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:46 PM   #8
Marahutay

It's an AEM UEGO - doesn't need calibration. I'll double check the one in there with one of my others. Hopefully it's actually running fine and that sensor is what's wrong.