Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Europe

Europe A place for our cousins from across the pond

Old 12-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
sunny1600

Trader Rating: (0)
sunny1600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Sunny1600 from the Netherlands with S12 Grand Prix

Hi guys,

I am Mark from the Netherlands and I drive a S12 silvia Grand Prix from 1986. I imported the car back in 2011 from Germany because it is a rare model of the S12 line. The Grand Prix is factory with the widebody and Gotti rims.

Because I do love to take it out on track occasionlly there have been some modifications done.
Small list of some mods
- BC racing coilovers
- recaro seats
- zeitronix zt-2 datalogger
- s14 4 pot brakes front
- floorpan modification driver side

The S12 is still running the stock FJ20e but an overhaul is necessary in the future. It will be converted to a FJ20e+t then.

Tracks I have driven are the
- Nordschleife Nurburgring (Germany)
- Donington Park (UK)
- Zandvoort (Netherlands)
- Castle Combe (UK)

For the people that like pictures. Here are some

Nordschleife

Donington Park

Castle Combe

Thanks for looking.
sunny1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
sunny1600

07 Juni 2015
Few upgrades to the S12 Grand Prix, only mounted a solid steering rack made by experimental engineering/ David Caroll. Off course the thread was worn because of some rusty bolt. New thread, new oil and filter and that was it. I still have the S14 4 pot brakes that I should really install on the car, as should the PU bushes from Energy suspension I still have collecting dust.
Not many upgrades, but I have been cruising with the GP. With the Dutch SXOC I went to Japfest at Zandvoort Circuit. I took a German friend from the sxce.org with me and he had a great time.

Some awesome pics

The next weekend was the weekend I was really looking forward to.

ROADTRIP!!!!

Just like last year we decided to go to Japfest 1 Castle Combe in the UK. My buddy Mike and I decided to go a day sooner so we had an extra day to chill at the coast in the Torquay area at my mates Taz place. So we decided to leave really early in the Thursday morning...........
To get in a huge traffic jam at the E34 even before Antwerp. So we decided we went a bit offroading leaving the highway and find ourselves another way.

As to be expected there was a bit of rain. It was England off course!

Around 18h UK time we arrived at my friend Taz which I know from the NPOC. He lives near Torquay at the English coast. Stunning environment, lovely roads and we had great weather. What else can you wish for??? Right! Beers!! And we had a lot off those.

And Full English

Saturdaymornings early departure took us to Castle Combe. We did a premeet with the Primera OC (NPOC). Did some tracktime which was great. I had bought 3 sessions. This year it was devastating warm (well for UK standards that is :P ), so it was a 1000 times better than last year when it was raining cats and dogs. Unfortunately my second sessions was over way to soon due to a red flag. 35 pounds for 5 minutes of driving time.. ouchhh.. expensive session. An EVO had his rear bumper in flames and a honda decided to be a lawn mower. Plus there was an extensive amount of debris on the track. I did found out it is a really fast track, something you notice better when pushing harder on the track.

Spotted some other S12’s on the paddock.

After the event we drove to a hotel nearby Castle Combe. Decided to celebrate a good weekender with a shitload of beers and steak. In the end I did drive 1800 km’s that weekend and also the FJ20 decided to use 2 liters of oil. :P

And a more recent picture of me and my mate Chris with his S13 SR20DET.

Planned short term fun time with the S12 Grand Prix.

27 Juni Tracktime at Zandvoort Circuit
http://vrijrijden.nl/

4th and 5th of July to the Nordschleife / Nurburgring

16th of August tracktime at Rockingham during Japfest 2
http://www.japfest2.co.uk/

If its possible I would also like to go to Zolder Circuit for some laps. Not many updates but the S12 is used for what it was built. Driving it with a big smile, preferably on a track off choice.

And a small video of me at Castle Combe to Finish off.
https://youtu.be/8yFbsTAGrkI
Old 06-08-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
sunny1600

07 Juni 2015
Few upgrades to the S12 Grand Prix, only mounted a solid steering rack made by experimental engineering/ David Caroll. Off course the thread was worn because of some rusty bolt. New thread, new oil and filter and that was it. I still have the S14 4 pot brakes that I should really install on the car, as should the PU bushes from Energy suspension I still have collecting dust.
Not many upgrades, but I have been cruising with the GP. With the Dutch SXOC I went to Japfest at Zandvoort Circuit. I took a German friend from the sxce.org with me and he had a great time.

Some awesome pics

The next weekend was the weekend I was really looking forward to.

ROADTRIP!!!!

Just like last year we decided to go to Japfest 1 Castle Combe in the UK. My buddy Mike and I decided to go a day sooner so we had an extra day to chill at the coast in the Torquay area at my mates Taz place. So we decided to leave really early in the Thursday morning...........
To get in a huge traffic jam at the E34 even before Antwerp. So we decided we went a bit offroading leaving the highway and find ourselves another way.

As to be expected there was a bit of rain. It was England off course!

Around 18h UK time we arrived at my friend Taz which I know from the NPOC. He lives near Torquay at the English coast. Stunning environment, lovely roads and we had great weather. What else can you wish for??? Right! Beers!! And we had a lot off those.

And Full English

Saturdaymornings early departure took us to Castle Combe. We did a premeet with the Primera OC (NPOC). Did some tracktime which was great. I had bought 3 sessions. This year it was devastating warm (well for UK standards that is :P ), so it was a 1000 times better than last year when it was raining cats and dogs. Unfortunately my second sessions was over way to soon due to a red flag. 35 pounds for 5 minutes of driving time.. ouchhh.. expensive session. An EVO had his rear bumper in flames and a honda decided to be a lawn mower. Plus there was an extensive amount of debris on the track. I did found out it is a really fast track, something you notice better when pushing harder on the track.

Spotted some other S12’s on the paddock.

After the event we drove to a hotel nearby Castle Combe. Decided to celebrate a good weekender with a shitload of beers and steak. In the end I did drive 1800 km’s that weekend and also the FJ20 decided to use 2 liters of oil. :P

And a more recent picture of me and my mate Chris with his S13 SR20DET.

Planned short term fun time with the S12 Grand Prix.

27 Juni Tracktime at Zandvoort Circuit
http://vrijrijden.nl/

4th and 5th of July to the Nordschleife / Nurburgring

16th of August tracktime at Rockingham during Japfest 2
http://www.japfest2.co.uk/

If its possible I would also like to go to Zolder Circuit for some laps. Not many updates but the S12 is used for what it was built. Driving it with a big smile, preferably on a track off choice.

And a small video of me at Castle Combe to Finish off.
https://youtu.be/8yFbsTAGrkI
Old 03-09-2017, 06:03 AM   #4
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Bring it back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #5
sunny1600

Last winter the S12 Grand Prix has been stripped and rebuild cosmetically. The widebody panels have been removed to fix the always present rust on the rear arches (typical GP problem). The right rear panel was the worst and needed to have a new wheel arch welded in.

After the painting. The car has been painted in two steps. First the whole of the car in white. And a few weeks later the accents in black.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:39 AM   #6
sunny1600

Last winter the S12 Grand Prix has been stripped and rebuild cosmetically. The widebody panels have been removed to fix the always present rust on the rear arches (typical GP problem). The right rear panel was the worst and needed to have a new wheel arch welded in.

After the painting. The car has been painted in two steps. First the whole of the car in white. And a few weeks later the accents in black.

Furthermore fenderbraces have been made and also a fibreglass hoodscoop.
Also fitted are a JDM RS-X grill and an SE fibreglass spoiler to replace the foam ducktail sponge.

All hollow spaces and the underside of the car has been tectyled.

I also put on 25mm spacers on all fours. This is needed for the S14 brakes combined with the Gotti wheels. It also makes the car look better with the extra 25mm each side. Soon the S14 brakes and yellowstuff pads wil be mounted.

After the rebuild in march/april I went to Japfest Silverstone (national layout) and Japfest 2 Donington Park (national layout). Damn Donington is a nice track to drive. Last time I was there was in 2012.

I had some problems with my exhaust studs. One was missing and two broken so I had some exhaust gasses coming out near the 4th cylinder. Engine removed and fitted some helicoils as the the thread was missing. Also I had a cracked manifold. Thankfully I have some spare so that was a quick fix.

Latest project was to build in electrical windows.

And this is how the car appears from time to time.