Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-06-2021, 09:09 PM   #301
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I bought a 2nd aero bumper and got it painted and installed lightyears faster than the AJ4 aero bumper...which is still with a friend in another city...

After talking with mav1178, I'm really considering putting both cars on the Nismo suspension. Going to a track day in May is still the goal, but the BN5 car inspection is due the same month. I might just revert it to OEM and tool around in the AJ4 car. If I put the stock wheels back on and get the Nismo suspension, I'll most likely get the OEM rear pods put on as well.

Old 03-20-2021, 09:56 PM   #302
Boeing7487

Trader Rating: (0)
Boeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Gauging interest

Hey, seeing as this is the stock preservation thread I thought it would be best to ask here.

I went to the store and was able to find a fabric that looks nearly identical to the stock shift boot and using a laser cutter was able to make it into a 1:1 of the stock. This includes all the holes where it mounts to the plastic bracket.

Given I have the original laser cutting profiles, and easy access to the fabric, if I were to just knock off say like 10 of these at once would anyone be interested?

TLR: Made an identical copy of the original shift boot and curious if its worth my time to make some more.

My vehicle is a 1990 240sx S13. I assume it would fit for all S13's, if anyone could chime in about S14's that would be nice. Though be sure to check for your respective vehicle.

OLD

NEW

Last edited by Boeing7487; 03-20-2021 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: Fixing image links
Boeing7487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:48 AM   #303
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone know a paint similar to the greenish-grey satin paint/coating used on various OEM steel parts? Things like the brake/steering lines, S13 power steering reservoir, some brackets.

The typical generic satin black is much darker and shinier. Decent match for the suspension but not these other parts.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:42 PM   #304
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Anyone know a paint similar to the greenish-grey satin paint/coating used on various OEM steel parts? Things like the brake/steering lines, S13 power steering reservoir, some brackets.

The typical generic satin black is much darker and shinier. Decent match for the suspension but not these other parts.
SEM makes one. I forget the exact name, but it's discussed in this thread: https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/...lor-or-finish/

That forum seems to be down at the moment, but it should hopefully come back.

Most of the green parts are actually zinc plated, specifically it's called 'olive drab' zinc coating.

EDIT: Although the color looks the same, the lines are plastic coated (PVF) rather than zinc coated like the brackets.

Last edited by super.trick; 03-21-2021 at 06:38 PM..
super.trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:08 PM   #305
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing7487 View Post
TLR: Made an identical copy of the original shift boot and curious if its worth my time to make some more.

Nissan still sells the new boots. it's not quite textured like the original ones but it's pleather...

not sure there's market for this. you can try but it's your time.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 07:48 PM   #306
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing7487 View Post
Hey, seeing as this is the stock preservation thread I thought it would be best to ask here.

I went to the store and was able to find a fabric that looks nearly identical to the stock shift boot and using a laser cutter was able to make it into a 1:1 of the stock. This includes all the holes where it mounts to the plastic bracket.

Given I have the original laser cutting profiles, and easy access to the fabric, if I were to just knock off say like 10 of these at once would anyone be interested?

My vehicle is a 1990 240sx S13. I assume it would fit for all S13's, if anyone could chime in about S14's that would be nice. Though be sure to check for your respective vehicle.

OLD

NEW
If your material is better, I'd be game. The shit Nissan used was terrible.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:21 PM   #307
s1ke3

s1ke3 is an unknown quantity at this point
More of a preservation post here. Found this gem at pick n pull last July.

Cleaned her up a bit and rebuilt her "salvage" title.

s1ke3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:23 PM   #308
gzus9
Leaky Injector

gzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the rough
wow nice find
gzus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:43 AM   #309
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Hit the jackpot last night.

93 Aztec Red SE coupe - 5spd
1-owner - clean title - ~68k miles!
Slicktop! HUD car with a crackless dash!
Southern car, no rust, no modifications

Old 03-24-2021, 08:58 AM   #310
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
Please tell me you paid $20k for this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:01 AM   #311
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlzmo400r View Post
Please tell me you paid $20k for this lol

If you knew you'd slit my throat.
Old 03-24-2021, 09:03 AM   #312
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
Haha! I bet. Congratulations. Enjoy it!

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:50 AM   #313
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
If you knew you'd slit my throat.
The way to get a 240SX for a good price is not not buy it on social media or buy it from another "car guy"

My neighbor had one for years, ~100k miles original owner. It looks like it's driven daily, wear and tear but still is okay.

I think she sold it for cheap to another person that used to live next to her, only because she was being bugged about it constantly. I never asked her to buy the car because I wasn't interested in it at that time (had a new BRZ) but now it still sits in front of her house because the new owner has no place to put the car.

May still buy it, but it will probably be marked up.

[email protected]
Old 03-24-2021, 03:35 PM   #314
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
The way to get a 240SX for a good price is not not buy it on social media or buy it from another "car guy"

My neighbor had one for years, ~100k miles original owner. It looks like it's driven daily, wear and tear but still is okay.

I think she sold it for cheap to another person that used to live next to her, only because she was being bugged about it constantly. I never asked her to buy the car because I wasn't interested in it at that time (had a new BRZ) but now it still sits in front of her house because the new owner has no place to put the car.

May still buy it, but it will probably be marked up.
I got this from an older college professor, they posted it on Craigslist. The title for the ad literally just said CAR, there was 1 photo, and the description was under 20 words. I thought it was a prank, but I still emailed them. As fate would have it, I was the first to inquire. They were somewhat oblivious to what they had, but they absolutely knew they were giving away for less than it?s true value. Their primary concern was it going into good hands. The wife (a law professor) even came and sniffed me out before the deal was concluded, lol. I genuinely don?t plan on ever selling the car unless I or a family member have an emergency expense to cover. Not trying to turn this into a meal ticket on BaT or the likes.

I normally don?t leave notes for neighbors because it never works in my favor BUT if it works once it?ll pay off! Hope you can get the car still at a fair pricepoint.
Old 03-24-2021, 04:04 PM   #315
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just added "car" to my Craigslist saved searches.

One day and 30k emails later, this will pay off.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:12 AM   #316
sam__iron

sam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of lightsam__iron is a glorious beacon of light
Hello! This is my first post on the forum. This is my 200sx from 1989, it has around 79k km (49k miles). I bought it for 7k euro (8.2k $). Every button works, the radio/cassette player works as well. It has some rust around the spoiler and just a bit on the right part of the chassis. The only thing I did to it is an exhaust. The original exhaust was in really bad shape. The mid and last muffler were broken and full of rust.

Last edited by sam__iron; 03-30-2021 at 05:26 PM..
sam__iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:29 AM   #317
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I love seeing all these new additions. I really want to sell my fucking S15s and get some super clean, all original S13s.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:00 AM   #318
Ashchetum

Ashchetum is an unknown quantity at this point
Not posted much about my own car, but here's my silvia k's clone I've built over the past 7 years. For whatever reason the k's kit with navan's has always been my favorite look. I have a set of OEM valences I've been sitting on for a few years now, I should probably complete the look soon.

Ashchetum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:55 AM   #319
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-nissan-240sx-4/

[email protected]
Old 03-31-2021, 06:16 PM   #320
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
I kinda like the story: the original owner didn't like the color so she had the car repainted.

I am at a loss regarding the quality of the pictures. You could quite literally buy a half-decent DSLR with the price premium good pictures bring.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:59 PM   #321
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
That's my old car!! Kinda
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:13 PM   #322
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I kinda like the story: the original owner didn't like the color so she had the car repainted.

I am at a loss regarding the quality of the pictures. You could quite literally buy a half-decent DSLR with the price premium good pictures bring.
BaT has had some shitty listings lately with picture quality.

As for the car, I feel like the seller isn't really trying to answer some of the questions. Like the transmission showing signs of leaking fluid.

[email protected]
Old 04-01-2021, 07:46 PM   #323
Farzam
Post Whore!

Quote:
BaT has had some shitty listings lately with picture quality.

As for the car, I feel like the seller isn't really trying to answer some of the questions. Like the transmission showing signs of leaking fluid.
They are so hit or miss with the cars they accept, and I honestly feel like a lot of bidders have a flawed perception about the quality of cars that are listed. Most of the cars I've seen that have been sold on BaT aren't as nice IRL as they are in photos. I have a handful of friends who list vehicles on the site regularly, and they have interesting stories to tell.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:11 PM   #324
dm15

dm15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1ke3 View Post
More of a preservation post here. Found this gem at pick n pull last July.

Cleaned her up a bit and rebuilt her "salvage" title.

i saw you while i was climbing that hill. nice to see a clean looking car
dm15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:06 PM   #325
aysonking

aysonking is an unknown quantity at this point
s13

Quote:
This is the car I just drove 300 miles to bring to California

my first car, first manual, and first 240sx
aysonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:50 PM   #326
hiimelvin

Trader Rating: (3)
hiimelvin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aysonking View Post
This is the car I just drove 300 miles to bring to California

my first car, first manual, and first 240sx
Congrats, it's a great car to learn on and obviously looks awesome.

What's your plans with it?
hiimelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:53 PM   #327
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
95 slicktop SE
127k. Auto.
RSR down springs, KYB AGX struts. Spacers for the OEM wheels.
Otherwise, it is as stock as can be, and IT'S SO GOOD.

Plan is to fix the oem lip, navan side skirts and rear valences, fresh wk0 respray and continue to enjoy it for the next 100 years.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:19 PM   #328
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
95 slicktop SE
127k. Auto.

Plan is to fix the oem lip, navan side skirts and rear valences, fresh wk0 respray and continue to enjoy it for the next 100 years.

YES! Man oh man I love it.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:20 PM   #329
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
95 slicktop SE
127k. Auto.

Duuuuude I've seen this on your IG. Nice!

Yeah I haven't touched my cars since the track day and the BN5 car is up for inspection soon. I'm really thinking I'm gonna end up putting them both back to OEM, sell some wheels and other parts, then give them the Nismo suspension treatment and some spacers for the OEM wheels.

...I also have this pipe dream where I cash-out on all my 17X9+22 wheels and buy a few sets of R33 wheels lol. Just to have OEM cars with Nismo stuff and the BEST OEM wheels Nissan ever made.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:39 PM   #330
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona View Post
YES! Man oh man I love it.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Duuuuude I've seen this on your IG. Nice!

Yeah I haven't touched my cars since the track day and the BN5 car is up for inspection soon. I'm really thinking I'm gonna end up putting them both back to OEM, sell some wheels and other parts, then give them the Nismo suspension treatment and some spacers for the OEM wheels.

...I also have this pipe dream where I cash-out on all my 17X9+22 wheels and buy a few sets of R33 wheels lol. Just to have OEM cars with Nismo stuff and the BEST OEM wheels Nissan ever made.
YES TO ALL OF THAT!

Everytime I jump into my s13, I immediately want to drive the s14 LOL. Aging is the trap of all traps.

Full nismo catalog with god's wheel [R33] would be spectacular.

I had some old stance coils and XT7's on this zenki and I began to hate it.
It is so much better on the current suspension and factory tire size. The interior is MINT too, aside from some door panel caving that the PO "tried" to fix.

Only pic of the interior I have at the moment. I added water temp, oil press and temp after the engine took a headgasket without even overheating. Resealed and cleaned the whole thing. This thing is brand new.