Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #361
Jadeskyline
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jadeskyline
^^I think its a combo of your two stage paint and ripoff paint guy.....
Jadeskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #362
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
Yeah. that's what I was thinking. Any ideas on what i should be paying for them to simply spray primer, paint, clear and do all the paint sanding and buffing and fix those chips?
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:52 PM   #363
Jadeskyline
Zilvia Member

Jadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choicesJadeskyline has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to Jadeskyline
^^well w/o jacking thread....what i usually do whenever im getting any kind of work done is research example: how much paint,supplies etc will cost.....then when you go to the paint/body guy and he gives a ridiculous figure you can say "well i priced the parts and they will cost x amount, so how much are you charging for labor"....that will usually knock them back into if u bring your own stuff i can do it for cheap lol....

back to the paint!!!!
Jadeskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #364
TheRonTom31
Zilvia Addict

TheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfectionTheRonTom31 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to TheRonTom31
well i know from last year it cost me $134 to paint a bumper, side skirts, rear lip, roof wing and fender cause I bought the supplies myself. That includes paint, primer, clear, sand paper, tape and materials to turn the garage i had at the time into a paint booth.
TheRonTom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #365
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Yeah, thats not photoshopped.
Either the image was tampered with or the quality is crap, because you can see aroudn light reflections and corners the image is blurry. slightly disformed..meaning there was tampering with the original photo..thats what i mean with photoshop..not that someone drew it in photoshop!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #366
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thanks to this thread, I've picked my colours: black roof with Fiji Blue body on an S13.4 fastback.

Thanks for all the inspiration.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:38 PM   #367
240srhatch
Zilvia Junkie

240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold240srhatch is a splendid one to behold
Best Color for 240sx/silvia s13/s14

Im planning on painting my car soon and need some help picking a color, help would be apreciated.. post pictures with your opinion.. i like this color in particular, i already had a hb 240sx in this color but i need to paint my vert now.. thanks
240srhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #368
sb253
Zilvia Member

sb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud ofsb253 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to sb253
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=173624
sb253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #369
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Ugh... It's all up to personal taste and/or rim choice/color and style desired.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #370
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
pearl white or silver moss

Thoes are my 2 personal faves, still deciding which one to paint my s14.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #371
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I agree with sb253's choice in color. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=173624 just looks good on a 240.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #372
sac
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i am going with a silver front, fading to black, with a white skulls w/red outline/eyes/ down the side.
take my idea, i take your life!!
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:52 PM   #373
berz
Zilvia Addict

berz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfectionberz is close to perfection
just like my avatar paint can primer its the cheapest hahah . jk
Old 03-22-2008, 11:12 PM   #374
sac
Zilvia Addict

sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
ya.. i rattle canned my quad. For some reason they dont make a pink frame on a honda.. But with a pink frame and black plastics it looks fuckin sexy!! all the ladies love ridin on it at the dunes too!!
sac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 PM   #375
SR20d2fourT
Zilvia Junkie

SR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura aboutSR20d2fourT has a spectacular aura about
The Definitive Paint thread should help you.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:00 AM   #376
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Hot Pink Ftmfgayness!!!

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #377
SIXSEVENONE
Leaky Injector

SIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enough
anything from house of kolors
SIXSEVENONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #378
kpowerd 4g4d

kpowerd 4g4d is an unknown quantity at this point
winnebago brown is the color of my car.
kpowerd 4g4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:30 AM   #379
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
ive heard bad reviews of fellow painters around here about house of kolor products lately. and alot of people have been steering away from them that i have noticed. and please dont put skulls in your paint....... spare the s-chassis life on that one
ByeByeSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:38 AM   #380
Kouki-Fiend
Leaky Injector

Kouki-Fiend has a spectacular aura aboutKouki-Fiend has a spectacular aura aboutKouki-Fiend has a spectacular aura aboutKouki-Fiend has a spectacular aura aboutKouki-Fiend has a spectacular aura aboutKouki-Fiend has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to Kouki-Fiend
It is hard to ask an opinion on paint because everybody has a different taste. In the end its all on what you want and what you think is hot. I am in love with steel grey metallic or seal grey metallic. There isn't much difference in the two if any but I have noticed some paint shops call it one or the other. It's a nice dark grey but when sunlight hits it , you see a nice hint of silver.....any ways sexy ass color in my opinion.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #381
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Silver Moss or Super Black
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #382
SIXSEVENONE
Leaky Injector

SIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enoughSIXSEVENONE will become famous soon enough

house of kolor green
SIXSEVENONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #383
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20d2fourT View Post
The Definitive Paint thread should help you.
Indeed. Merged thread.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #384
NismoTuner21
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
NismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Aston Martin Burnham Green (AM9010)

NismoTuner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:56 AM   #385
D1champ
Zilvia Junkie

D1champ is on the path to ruinD1champ is on the path to ruin
Pics from last summer (Mazda RX-8 Red in Nason w/Dupont Chromaclear):

D1champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #386
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hibiscus red?

slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #387
S13_SideWayz
Leaky Injector

S13_SideWayz can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXSEVENONE View Post

house of kolor green
more plz
S13_SideWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:18 PM   #388
Kuzumi
Zilvia Addict

Kuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of lightKuzumi is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Kuzumi Send a message via Yahoo to Kuzumi
has anyone seen the new camry black? far away it is black and when you get close it has a nice grey/silver flake/sparkle. looks awesome.
Kuzumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #389
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
helping a fellow member look for a good blue for his car... we think we found it.

nissan paint ain't bad, even on the cheap cars
Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #390
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
i got bored during the process of priming my car and this is what i ended up doing

landins13 is offline   Reply With Quote