Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #61
S14lover702
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S14lover702 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Yo as far as fab work i can do all the chassis work cage, tubs, dimpled gussets, wiring, possibly paint depending on if you want to rent a booth, suspension setups, motor and trans mounts, im limited to mild steel untill i get a tig welder hit me up in pm and we can chat
S14lover702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #62
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14lover702 View Post
Yo as far as fab work i can do all the chassis work cage, tubs, dimpled gussets, wiring, possibly paint depending on if you want to rent a booth, suspension setups, motor and trans mounts, im limited to mild steel untill i get a tig welder hit me up in pm and we can chat
the man himself speaks. I vouche my rep for this guy...
Old 05-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #63
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
flipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
No doubt man. SERIOUSLY I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU TWO HELPING ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
is your budget 15k? It can be done but you have to plan it to a T and stick with it. I suggest buying an entire camaro z28 from ridesafely.com (google it) and part out accesories ect. Paint can be done on a budget and so can basic suspension. you also need to make a realistic power/style balance goal. dont buy shit till you have a final picture.
my budget is not 15k its just a number i had estimated i will have JUST FOR THE FIRST stage of this swap. if you know what i mean? but i definitely would like to get to know you guys IMMEDIATELY WHEN I GET THERE.
flipmike22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #64
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

flipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choices
sorry not trying to post whore. (EDITED)
Old 05-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #65
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
Whore away this is OUR thread
Old 05-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #66
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidns13 View Post
whore away this is our thread
damn straight!!!

Btw do you guys have pictures of your work? id love to see them!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #67
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Lol who's work?add me via facebook
Old 05-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #68
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Lol who's work?add me via facebook
You said you do a lot of swaps in cars? well do you have pics? also the other guys fabricating work...
Old 05-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #69
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Lol ive done alot and also pay alot... I own a photography biz and jason is the fabricator... Im always down to help but youll learn alot more about me via facebook LOL

Plus im on my ipad... Once im back on my desktop ill post up some random pics from history lane
Old 05-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #70
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Lol ive done alot and also pay alot... I own a photography biz and jason is the fabricator... Im always down to help but youll learn alot more about me via facebook LOL

Plus im on my ipad... Once im back on my desktop ill post up some random pics from history lane
OK no worries man. i see youre asian? hopefully a flip like me? ya i saw your fb now add me!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #71
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Lol just did and yes half flip and a whole lotta other shit
Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #72
S14lover702
Zilvia Member

half flip i thought you were 100% Gaysian (inside joke) as for my work once you see it it will speak for itself i dont have pictures of my work as to i used to do it as an employee i built rockcrawlers, long travel twin-turbo ls1 sandrails, few of my own personal cars never thought to of taken pictures though im in the process of my own s13 hatch which 70% of the chassis work should be done when you get back into town. mine is also going v8 but im staying nissan vk56 (titan) with a Stillen procharger
Old 05-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #73
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowS13 View Post
Cool.

My friends call me Pete.

Here's my pile:

Looks way worse nowadays..
LMAO I KNOW YOU'D BE ON ZILvIA!!!! hahahaha i know its a long shot probably wont remember. but I saw you at an ATM in Vegas last year. or excuse me if im wrong might be another guy with a very similar looking car. I was at the ATM Bank of America and you pulled up with a gril in the passenger seat. i just kinda looked at your car and checked out some of what vegas 240's are like. nodded my head then my friends in the White Evo X had took off and i was left there like a jack ass until they came back.

yes no maybe so?

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #74
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
half flip i thought you were 100% Gaysian (inside joke) as for my work once you see it it will speak for itself i dont have pictures of my work as to i used to do it as an employee i built rockcrawlers, long travel twin-turbo ls1 sandrails, few of my own personal cars never thought to of taken pictures though im in the process of my own s13 hatch which 70% of the chassis work should be done when you get back into town. mine is also going v8 but im staying nissan vk56 (titan) with a Stillen procharger

I SOO WANT TO SEE THAT!

But I heard from a few people that 10k is not enough for the project?

Can you guys just break down the cost?

All i want is the bare minimum of a RUNNING LS engine with everything else STOCK!

a friend of mine is buying this fron another friend of mine. it has EVERYTHING FOR THE BARE MINUMUM FOR THE SWAP INCLUDING THE MOUNTS, DRIVESHAFT ETC.... HES PAYING 3500 WITH THE MOTOR TRANNY THE CONVERSION KIT THAT WAS USED IN THE PREVIOUS S13, THE CUSTOM FABRICATED HEADERS AND THE ECU AND WIRE HARNESS!!!!

if i wasnt such a good friend ID BUY THAT THING RIGHT NOW AND CRATE SHIP THIS THING TO VEGAS AND SAVE A COUPLE THOUSAND!

Last edited by flipmike22; 05-31-2011 at 04:09 PM..
Old 05-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #75
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

LOL thats your job.

Here ill help you with a start list and google and a pen and paper can do the rest for ya

1. Engine, tranny and harness
2. mount kit and all associated install parts
3. Headers
4. Harness conversion
5. Then add 2k for random stuff people always foget ontop of that

7. S13 chassis
8. Coilovers, bushings and all new arms
9. Paint
10. Wheels
11. Tires
12. Add 1,000 for random interior shit

Niw take that list and find your pricing... It takes alot of research to find the best deals. If you really want me to do all that for you Im always HIREABLE for a small consultation fee. LOL......

Heck my Super Simple S14 is easily a 15-20k build and its still not done. Ok well its not really that simple.... But quality comes at a price and comes easiest with experience.

Fast
cheap
Reliable

You can pick from 2 of those.... But u cant have it all....
Old 05-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #76
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
LOL thats your job.

Here ill help you with a start list and google and a pen and paper can do the rest for ya

1. Engine, tranny and harness
2. mount kit and all associated install parts
3. Headers
4. Harness conversion
5. Then add 2k for random stuff people always foget ontop of that

7. S13 chassis
8. Coilovers, bushings and all new arms
9. Paint
10. Wheels
11. Tires
12. Add 1,000 for random interior shit

Niw take that list and find your pricing... It takes alot of research to find the best deals. If you really want me to do all that for you Im always HIREABLE for a small consultation fee. LOL......

Heck my Super Simple S14 is easily a 15-20k build and its still not done. Ok well its not really that simple.... But quality comes at a price and comes easiest with experience.

Fast
cheap
Reliable

You can pick from 2 of those.... But u cant have it all....

Well i was just saying because someone on silviav8.net said the damn tranny,clutch and engine alone is 15k.....so im like wtf. where r u getting these numbers?

The engine, tranny and harness will vary depending on what I choose i understand that.
the harness your friend said he can do it? hopefully for not a crazy price
The mounting as well your friend said he can also do again hopefully for not a crazy price
Headers not sure if he can fabricate that as well which he presented himself like he could.
plus the 2k you mentioned for random stuff...
Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #77
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Lol there are many ways to get the driveline. First of all its usdm and junk yards everywhere have camaros.

1. Car-parts.com. - search for the engine and transmissions individually
2. Ridesafely.com - buy an entire totalled camaro for 3k or less and part it out and probably end up with a 500.00 lsx swap
3. Watch the local yards closely.
4. Ebay they average like 4k complete
Old 05-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #78
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Man pete, your car looks quite different from what i remember. i see you are still rocking that exhaust i sold you though.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:28 AM   #79
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Lol there are many ways to get the driveline. First of all its usdm and junk yards everywhere have camaros.

1. Car-parts.com. - search for the engine and transmissions individually
2. Ridesafely.com - buy an entire totalled camaro for 3k or less and part it out and probably end up with a 500.00 lsx swap
3. Watch the local yards closely.
4. Ebay they average like 4k complete
i checked ridesafely.com I found some camaros in the 98-02 year so the tranny wont have to be purchased anywhere else. and i must say this is probably the best route..... you do have the WHOLE CAR which you pretty much need just the front end. but you can get lucky and find a great deal. theres actualy an ls7 now!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #80
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

LOL I love ridesafely... I mean think about it... Join a camaro board make a few posts than start a part out thread. Some cornfed kid is gonna need the dash, the AC stuff, the center console, breaks ect ect ect.... It will take longer, but atleast you know the motor is good. Once the car delivers start her up LOL...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #81
S14lover702
Zilvia Member

^^^^^^^^^^^ has good point never know what you are gettin when buying something off the floor they say its only got 50k on it but whos to tell !
Old 06-01-2011, 07:18 AM   #82
S14lover702
Zilvia Member

oh n i can get you a good deal on some stance coils and godspeed links if your interested in those
Old 06-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #83
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
oh n i can get you a good deal on some stance coils and godspeed links if your interested in those
Quote:
LOL I love ridesafely... I mean think about it... Join a camaro board make a few posts than start a part out thread. Some cornfed kid is gonna need the dash, the AC stuff, the center console, breaks ect ect ect.... It will take longer, but atleast you know the motor is good. Once the car delivers start her up LOL...

Ya thats all true! and Parting out cars are always a benefactor. Like you said it will take a while but if i part the car. Its almost like I'll be getting the ls and tranny for free and i do the part out correct!!!!

s14lover702
THAT'D BE FANTASTIC! I'd love the godspeeds! But as far as stance are we talking the lx or are we talking like gr and xr coils? also hit me up in pm about an estimate of how much id have to pay you for the fabricating. im trying to throw together a spreadsheet of the cost and although you didnt say you'd charge me im sure your work isnt free! Unless of course youre just cool like that then prove me wrong.... hahhha.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #84
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

lol material and fab labor definately aint free. have u priced out a decent welder setup, tube benders and notchers? that alone is almost as much as most peoples built 240's...

but im down to lend some elbow grease once you get to the down and dirty part of it all. Just provide beer and im there
Old 06-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #85
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
lol material and fab labor definately aint free. have u priced out a decent welder setup, tube benders and notchers? that alone is almost as much as most peoples built 240's...

but im down to lend some elbow grease once you get to the down and dirty part of it all. Just provide beer and im there

sorry priced out a welder, bender and notcher? from what it sounded like your friend had everything except a welder(are you talking buyING them)? and no doubt man ill bring all the beer you can drink!!!!!

Also how big is this guys garage?(jason) it sounds like you may have an actual garage? or no?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #86
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
he is asking have you priced it out to see how much the whole thing would cost? then he wants you to take that figure and use it as a realization as to why Jason has to charge for his services. because im assuming that he has, in fact, purchased all of those things.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #87
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
he is asking have you priced it out to see how much the whole thing would cost? then he wants you to take that figure and use it as a realization as to why Jason has to charge for his services. because im assuming that he has, in fact, purchased all of those things.
oh ok thanks for clarifying that. well jason said earlier he doesnt have a welder(correct me if im mistaken) but ill throw some numbers soon and i pmed him hopefully he can throw me his numbers as well.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:23 AM   #88
S14lover702
Zilvia Member

sorry havent gotten back to your pm i will break it down and get it to you by friday night as for tools and etc i have a mig welder within in the next few months ill be trying to get a tig welder like andrew said i have probally little more invested in tools then most budget builds
Old 06-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #89
SinCityS14
Zilvia Member

SinCityS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys do any of you have any connections with mac tools? i need a new battery and charger for my 19v cordless impact.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #90
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Sorry... I need one for my snapon impact LOL...

Btw we will be at udrift tonight showing our old vert that were selling for a friend.

Rb20 sleeper for sale thread:
http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/388666...ble-daily.html