Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
GTR-Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Arrived! D-MAX LHD Floor Mat Group Buy - $224 for Full Sets

We have finally nailed down all the details with Mr. Taniguchi from D-MAX for the LDH floor mats. They currently do not stock these, but he has agreed to special order these for us.

Once the order is placed he told us it would take 4 weeks to fulfill, but we're going to say 6 weeks to be on the safe side. These will be LDH floor mats so they will fit the S13 and S14 240SX with no issues. There was a group buy some time ago on Zilvia so we suggest searching for that thread as buyers posted pictures of them installed.

The following colors are available:

Red/Black Checker
Blue/Black Checker
Light Grey/Black Checker
Dark Grey/Black Checker

Only full-sets (front and rear) are available. They will not fulfill orders for front or rear sets only.

Price: $224.00 + Shipping

Shipping Rates

Express Air (EMS) - $82
Standard Air (SAL) - $73
Surface (Sea) - $39

The price has officially dropped to $224 as we have received over 20 deposits. I have placed the order with Mr. Taniguchi at D-MAX and he informed me that we have until Sunday to send any additional orders to him.

If you are interested in joining the group buy please PM or email us the following information:

1. Full Name
2. Address
3. Email Address
4. Color Choice
5. S14 or S13

We will send you an invoice by email you can use to pay the $120 deposit to join the group buy. The invoices will be updated and re-sent once the floor mats have arrived at our shop and are ready to ship. The second invoice will include the remaining balance for the mats themselves along with the cost of shipping. If for some reason the group buy were to not go through all deposits would be fully refunded.

1. thefro526 - Dark Grey/Black Checker S14
2. slow_SR20 - Dark Grey/Black Checker S13
3. 240SXdriftin - Dark Grey/Black Checker S13
4. stevenrapids - Light Grey/Black Checker S14
5. stevenrapids - Dark Grey/Black Checker S14
6. 90240sr - Light Grey/Black Checker S13
7. Scope240sx -Light Grey/Black Checker S13
8. Scope240sx - Blue/Black Checker S13
9. ant_S13 - Red/Black Checker S13
10. project7x - Dark/Grey Black Checker S13
11. USAFs13 - Red/Black Checker S14
12. jr_ss - Dark Grey/Black Checker S14
13. thrwnsprkz -Dark/Grey Black Checker S14
14. bladetech8 - Light Grey/Black Checker S13
15. om3ga - Light Grey/Black Checker S13
16. David616 - Red/Black Checker S14
17. Cleanandlegit - Dark Grey/Black Checker S13
18. 240boi115 - Dark Grey/Black Checker S14
19. niscur29 - Blue/Black Checker S13
20. qwerth - Red/Black Checker S14
21. TMW - Dark Grey/Black Checker S14
22. 240ka - Light Grey/Black Checker S14
23. 240ka - Red/Black Checker S14
24. Drama - Light Grey/Black Checker S14
25. msdawgs240 - Light Grey/Black Checker S13
26. GTR-Garage - Dark Grey/Black Checker S13
27. GTR-Garage - Dark Grey/Black Checker S14

Last edited by GTR-Garage; 07-14-2013 at 06:44 AM..
GTR-Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
silnv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
silnv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silnv
The the deposit up front, full balance at time of shipment?
Old 06-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

silnv - Sorry for the confusion. I've updated the post to state that if you want in the group buy we ask for a $120 deposit with the remainder + shipping due once we have received them and they are ready to ship.

This is our first group buy so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This might be a stupid question but:

Is it safe to assume that the GB only requires 10 Orders of ANY LHD floor mats? The reason I ask is because there are different versions for both S13 and S14's so it might take significantly longer if 10 of one or the other is required.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

That is correct, any LHD floor mats.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Count me in, but what he said^^^^looks the s14 mats are pictured. Will the s13 mats be like the old ones where it has the "cut out" for the cat hump? Also i want to order a wing also. Can i pay for everything together and have it shipped together to save a bit? I don't mind to wait for everything.
slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
silnv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
silnv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silnv
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-Garage View Post
silnv - Sorry for the confusion. I've updated the post to state that if you want in the group buy we ask for a $120 deposit with the remainder + shipping due once we have received them and they are ready to ship.

This is our first group buy so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the clarification. Would theses be able to be purchased in the future? I would be interested in 2 sets one for s13 one for s14, however they are very far down on my item list and I have my play money tied up at the moment.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_sr20 View Post
Count me in, but what he said^^^^looks the s14 mats are pictured. Will the s13 mats be like the old ones where it has the "cut out" for the cat hump? Also i want to order a wing also. Can i pay for everything together and have it shipped together to save a bit? I don't mind to wait for everything.
Mr. Taniguchi told us that they don't have pictures of the LDH floor mats available, but that they would be the same as the one's they sold in the US previously. I searched and found plenty of pictures of them, but I did not want to post any of those pictures in this thread because the previous group buy was organized by another company and I did not want to step on their toes.

In regard to shipping, we can combine shipping, but with the mats and a roof/trunk wing it would be a bit difficult. Because of the length of the spoilers the box they ship in cannot be very wide or they will exceed Japan Post dimension limits. To ship the floor mats with the spoilers we would have to "roll" the mats up or somehow wrap them around the spoiler.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #9
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by silnv View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Would theses be able to be purchased in the future? I would be interested in 2 sets one for s13 one for s14, however they are very far down on my item list and I have my play money tied up at the moment.
Yes, they will be available for purchase down the road, but the price will not be as low.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
[email protected]
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Paul@mastermindna.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I have seen these for sale before a couple years ago, not on Zilvia. And they were $400 shipped. This price is awesome! I might have to pick up a set.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Pm sent about 2 sets for s14
stevenrapids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
gist864
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gist864 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to gist864
i might just be cheap but $239 for floor mats
gist864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

All we need is 5 more to join and we can get the order put in!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #14
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

We only need 4 more to join!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #15
iRONDONkey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
iRONDONkey is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gist864 View Post
i might just be cheap but $239 for floor mats
I'm in the wrong business.

I can't believe 6 ppl so far are willing to drop $239 for some floor mats....
iRONDONkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #16
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRONDONkey View Post
I'm in the wrong business.

I can't believe 6 ppl so far are willing to drop $239 for some floor mats....
I'm glad you have plenty to add to this group buy thread...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
pm sent
2 sets for s13
")
Scope240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Just two more sets and we'll be ready to order.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #19
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
don't mean to shit on your thread. awesome looking product, just wish they were a little less expensive. it's not like there was a floor mat "mold" that d-max destroyed and now they have to recreate it, therefore increasing the price, so i'm just trying to understand if there's something more than just "supply and demand". i'm looking through the old group buys (can't believe it's been 3-4 years, seems like just yesterday), and they were able to sell them for $220 shipped (front and rear). how many do we need to get on the GB to get it that low?

http://zilvia.net/f/interior-exterio...eady-ship.html
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #20
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

We understand where you are coming from 240KA. I think the issue here is in the situation versus then an now. I'm assuming the other company did their group buy while D-MAX was active in the US and I'm also assuming that those floor mats came over on a container, and considering how little space they would take up that makes their transport from Japan to the US basically free.

In addition, when those previous mats were produced they may have been a part of a higher production volume. D-MAX will be charged less by their supplier the more mats they order and in-turn the D-MAX dealer will be charged less.

We are only ordering 10 sets. If it were 20 the price would go down. Unfortunately, I doubt we can get 20 commitments in a group buy for these. I can tell you for certain, however, that unless we throw a bunch of these on a container we send over, we will never be able to sell them for $220 shipped.

There is a supply and demand issue at play. However, we are not benefiting from it in terms of profit. When all is said and done we're expecting to make less than $10 per set, if that. The shipping prices I quoted were based on 5kg, which is the weight of a full-set before they have been packed for shipping. In reality the shipping weight will probably be more like 7kg.

We asked Zilvia what parts they wanted and these floor mats were one of the top requests. After crunching the numbers it was clear there wasn't much money to be made off of them unless we pushed the price way higher than what we we viewed as fair. However, we're more interested in establishing ourselves as a trusted source for these sorts of parts even if it is a zero sum outcome financially.

I hope that clears up any questions.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #21
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240KA View Post
don't mean to shit on your thread. awesome looking product, just wish they were a little less expensive. it's not like there was a floor mat "mold" that d-max destroyed and now they have to recreate it, therefore increasing the price, so i'm just trying to understand if there's something more than just "supply and demand". i'm looking through the old group buys (can't believe it's been 3-4 years, seems like just yesterday), and they were able to sell them for $220 shipped (front and rear). how many do we need to get on the GB to get it that low?

Look at the pricing in this thread, $260 Shipped: http://zilvia.net/f/group-buys/29744...p-buy-2-a.html

When these were first around in 2009, I'm fairly sure that like everyone and their brother was buying them and Ravspec blew up the internet with GB's on various forums - which meant that the per unit cost was significantly lower since there were more units being bought.

Now here we are 4 years later, trying to buy something that's long been discontinued in the US and is essentially made to order. Those two things alone (discontinued/made to order) justify huge premiums in any real world scenario...

TLDR, this price is solid, I would like more people to purchase so that I can receive a set of mats sooner.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

We have enough commitments to the group buy for us to go ahead and proceed. We will be sending invoices out for the deposits today or tomorrow. Please check your PMs as I needed a few bits of information from some of you. As long as no one backs out on the deposits I will be calling D-MAX monday morning to place the order.

If anyone else wants the the 10th slot before Monday morning please send me a PM. As of now we are keeping the last set for stock.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #23
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

Invoices have been sent to everyone in the group buy. Please look them over and let me know if the color choices are correct and if there are any issues with your address. If you did not receive an invoice by email please let me know.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #24
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

We are up to 12 sets now. I will have to speak to Mr. Taniguchi to find out the exact price, but if we can get this up to 20 the price will drop.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #25
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240KA View Post

Over $60? Really? Common...

I don't usually post much in these thread but this is enough. I understand that you're not trying to throw this sale thread off, but you could have easily PM'd him your concerns.

People always talk about "I wish x company was still in North America so that I can buy their products". Then when a vender finally decides to do something about it, people roll in to complain about the cost.

Modding a car costs money. If you really want the mats, then you have to pay to play.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #26
andy107
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (37)
andy107 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Over $60? Really? Common...

I don't usually post much in these thread but this is enough. I understand that you're not trying to throw this sale thread off, but you could have easily PM'd him your concerns.

People always talk about "I wish x company was still in North America so that I can buy their products". Then when a vender finally decides to do something about it, people roll in to complain about the cost.

Modding a car costs money. If you really want the mats, then you have to pay to play.
^ couldn't have said it better.
andy107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #27
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

We're getting close gentlemen. We just need to get two more deposits paid and I can get these ordered Monday morning.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #28
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I PM'd you guys about purchasing a set. This will complete my interior. Thanks for brining back a great product from a company long gone from the States. Please let me know as soon as possible and I will send my deposit immediately.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #29
GTR-Garage
Zilvia Addict

We are still waiting on three deposits to be paid. I'm going to put a Wednesday deadline on this. I'm going to call and place the order Wednesday morning so if you're deposit isn't I'm not going to be able to order your mats. For everyone that has paid your deposit, thanks and we'll get the order placed very soon.

I would ask that if anyone has questions about the status of the group buy please post it in here as opposed to sending us a PM so everyone else can see.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #30
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I paid.

Just a suggestion, you may want to put next to each member that you recieved their deposit, incase something happened with someone's payment. Once the GB is done and you've recieved everyone's payments you can change it to paid in full or waiting funds, etc.