Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-12-2021, 11:30 AM   #361
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I put an order in for the LHD Euro kouki headlights with Mav a few months back. The wait is long, but it's worth it considering YAJ is selling old broken RHD sets for $600+ before taxes and shipping. I'm also a stickler for having the correct headlight cutoff.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2021, 04:26 PM   #362
Boeing7487

Trader Rating: (0)
Boeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the roughBoeing7487 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking for a proper fit sunshade

I'm on the hunt to get a properly fitting s13 sunshade and I'm curious if anyone else already has some recommendations.
Boeing7487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:54 PM   #363
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallixtos View Post
That'd be great...but I dont have any spare Euro glass at the moment. I'm always on the lookout for them though. Lets figure something out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
There's a vendor in the classifieds section selling both Zenki and Kouki EDM headlights brand new from Nissan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
You talking about Mav? I didn't know these were on the list still...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yes. It's my understanding that he may have sets of both Zenki and Kouki glass available for purchase. Shoot him an email.

I love my glass Zenki headlights(with leveling sensors). Hell I might purchase a spare set just have them just in case. Same goes with the new Kouki tail lights he has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallixtos View Post
He doesn?t necessarily have them available. Order must be placed and there?s a long lead time. Currently still waiting for shipment. All that info is available in his post though.

That being said I did place an order for a set of zenki glass. Gonna hide them on the shelf once they arrive lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I put an order in for the LHD Euro kouki headlights with Mav a few months back. The wait is long, but it's worth it considering YAJ is selling old broken RHD sets for $600+ before taxes and shipping. I'm also a stickler for having the correct headlight cutoff.
I've been hinting at it with various folks that preordered parts (and have sent me emails to follow up) but I'm running into several problems as I inquire for parts and subsequently order them.

S13 Silvia fenders, S13 Silvia corner lights, S14 zenki/kouki EUDM headlights, and several others are all falling into the same pattern:
  1. Nissan has pricing and parts available to order in their system
  2. Order is placed (but smaller quantity as the deposit amount is 80% of order total, whereas I'm charging people 50% for deposit in advance, so I'm fronting 10-50% of the actual order total depending on how much I have on order.
  3. First few POs were fulfilled, so I then order a lot more items on subsequent POs based on what is fulfilled, and also fronting 5-20x more money to make this happen.
  4. Then Nissan will fulfill some items (S13 Silvia fenders, 25 sets) and then flag the items as stop production and cancel the additional ones I have on order (100+ sets)
  5. Same pattern is happening with the S13 Silvia corner lights (~15 pairs ordered/fulfilled, subsequent 150 pair order cancelled after deposit was made)
  6. S14 glass headlights are falling into this situation, the problem I have now is that I do not know the exact quantity that is inbound, so until I know later this month I can't actually contact anyone about their order status because the people that have ordered (~25 people) have headlights that are staggered over 5 different POs on my end, with the first few being test POs to see if the order will be accepted.

I am leaving out some details about this process but one of the things I've accidentally exposed is how inefficient and archaic Nissan's relationship is with their parts supply chain vendors, and how badly Nissan has managed their own internal parts system and how distributers procure parts from Nissan.

The biggest problem is this: when Nissan accepts my PO, I have to pay an 80% deposit via my supplier. When Nissan cancels a PO or parts on order on a PO, the deposit money is rolled over to future orders....

... meanwhile, I cancel the order with the customer and refund them in full.

At this point I have about $150k sitting overseas doing nothing for me. As I've said in other threads, if I took this money and parked it in the stock market or crypto I would've retired already.

Everyone that has ordered will get an update from me later this month. Everyone else, email me...

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #364
youngfab59
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
youngfab59 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to youngfab59 Send a message via Yahoo to youngfab59
I can't believe that I've been a member of the forum for 10 years and I never posted my S14. Probably because it was always "under construction" lol

1998 S14 SE (5-speed converted) - Still has a KA

Suspension mods (Fortune Auto 500 coils, SPL arms F&R, Nismo Power Brace, OEM Autech Front Strut Bar, Nismo Rear Strut Bar)
Z32 F&R Brake Upgrade
R33 GT-R Wheels
OEM JDM Aero Goodies (Autech front & fenders, JDM rear bumper + valences)
Euro Kouki Headlights
Reinhard Dual Tip Exhaust
Autech S14 Interior Bits (Door Panels & Rear Seats)
Recaro SR2 seats

I have a few more OEM Optional pieces that are not currently on (OEM JDM Kouki Lip, Navan Side Skirts, etc.)

Yes I know that the S14 is multiple colors. Plans are to have the car completely resprayed (same DN1 color code) down the road.

youngfab59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:09 PM   #365
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post

The biggest problem is this: when Nissan accepts my PO, I have to pay an 80% deposit via my supplier. When Nissan cancels a PO or parts on order on a PO, the deposit money is rolled over to future orders....

... meanwhile, I cancel the order with the customer and refund them in full.
Jesus, man. If no one else has said it, thanks for what you're doing for the community. That's just... insane. Nissan is not making a lot of friends in the classic restoration market, that's for sure.
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:39 PM   #366
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeKS14 View Post
Jesus, man. If no one else has said it, thanks for what you're doing for the community. That's just... insane. Nissan is not making a lot of friends in the classic restoration market, that's for sure.
That's actually most OEMs in a nutshell.

People outside of buying a handful of parts really have no idea how massive and complicated the OEM supply chain is. They don't care about people buying $100k of parts, they care about the $1M-100M per year type of customers.

People also fail to realize that car manufacturers actually make maybe the sheet metal in-house when build a new car, almost everything else is made outside the factory. Once a car is out of production the OEM parts suppliers typically have parts fulfillment contracts that are only renewed as long as the manufacturer is willing to pay for it.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 10:22 AM   #367
red_240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
red_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Although I may be a drifter and have thrashed these cars pretty hard over the years, I actually really do care about the cars so I took it upon myself to save one that has been sitting outside my buddys shop for almost 2 years and was about to be scraped. Buying a car in this condition and restoring it is a daunting task but I feel good knowing that once Im done it will be one more s-chassis back on the street that otherwise would have gone to scrap. Hopefully I can restore more of these doomed cars in the future. Dont let them sit guys, save the ones that need it.

Where im at with it now;

If you are interested in this build stop by youtube channel, I am doing a detailed build series from start to finish with content uploaded weekly.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4B...ZcP4i4tZJLiCNQ
Old 07-24-2021, 12:14 PM   #368
dronell19

dronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the roughdronell19 is a jewel in the rough
A few pics of a newly restored S14

Started with Nismo wheels

Tried TE37 Saga

Current setup TE37 OG

dronell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:26 PM   #369
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Dude that is super nice! I've never really wanted a kouki, but that is precisely how I'd have mine if I ever picked one up. Looks rad!
Old 07-25-2021, 09:15 AM   #370
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
A+ looks sharp.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:16 AM   #371
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Anyone else have anything to post? I've got some updates but I don't want to half-ass my pictures here...
Old 07-27-2021, 11:23 PM   #372
gzus9
Leaky Injector

gzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the rough
[IMG]IMG_6504 by , on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]DSC01727 by , on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]DSC01719 by , on Flickr[/IMG]
gzus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:18 AM   #373
My!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
My! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enoughMy! will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
nice car, that engine bay is hot
My! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:47 AM   #374
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzus9 View Post
Greatness
Have you ever considered getting the OEM sides/rear valences for the car?
Old 07-29-2021, 11:51 PM   #375
gzus9
Leaky Injector

gzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Have you ever considered getting the OEM sides/rear valences for the car?
Thats the first thing that comes to mind every time I drive the car. As soon as I find it though I plan on buying.
gzus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:35 PM   #376
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Stock suspension with RS-R lowering springs. The car came like this but was otherwise not modified beyonf the TEs I recently posted and the audio components. All the original parts (head unit, springs, etc) were included in the sale. I'd like to source some side skirts but I don't really want to mount them. I like the '0-aero-parts' look.

Old 08-05-2021, 07:19 AM   #377
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it looks great just like that man.
Old 08-05-2021, 01:13 PM   #378
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Stock suspension with RS-R lowering springs. The car came like this but was otherwise not modified beyonf the TEs I recently posted and the audio components. All the original parts (head unit, springs, etc) were included in the sale. I'd like to source some side skirts but I don't really want to mount them. I like the '0-aero-parts' look.
The older I get the more I like "0-aero", but that could just be the rarity of seeing a nice stock car. It would be hard to resist Aero sides/ valances and a front lip, though.

Also, I never realized how small the Spec-R OEM width and offset is. What's the usual safe rim size for no roll? 8.5"-9" with a +31?
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:12 PM   #379
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
I think it looks great just like that man.
I have no intentions of changing anything on the body. I'll just be adding the SpecR bolt-in braces and maybe a set of SpecR brakes. If I get the sides, they're just to keep and avoid the inevitable mark-up (to the already existing mark-up) and I'd probably get the rear spats from Nissan too.

In all honesty ALL of the inspiration I got for an EV1 was from old videos of '0-aero' yellow cars. I don't think the aero bumper would actually look good on EV1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
The older I get the more I like "0-aero", but that could just be the rarity of seeing a nice stock car. It would be hard to resist Aero sides/ valances and a front lip, though.

Also, I never realized how small the Spec-R OEM width and offset is. What's the usual safe rim size for no roll? 8.5"-9" with a +31?
I have a second aero bumper that was supposed to go on the AJ4 SpecR but I haven't bothered to pick it up from my friend and get it on the car. It's nice to have these things waiting though so I don't have to search/fight on the auctions later. I think certain colors just make you want full aero and others don't pull it off so well.

I don't know what the safest size is for stock body w/roll. I was running 17X9+22 on both cars and it would rub under the 'typical' scenarios. I just got some 17X8.5+30 wheels and I'm willing to bet they're still gonna cause similar problems if/when I use them.

The car was on those 17X8.5+40 (w/5mm spacer) TE37SLs I posted for sale and didn't rub when I was driving to work.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:01 PM   #380
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
It looks good, but the optional aero bumper is a must-have for me on a s15. And then of course youd need the skirts and rear spats to complete the look. I'm a greedy man..
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:52 PM   #381
jay70

jay70 is on the path to ruinjay70 is on the path to ruin
my 180 the day i picked it up 4-5 years ago

put some parts on and daily drove and drifted for years

got stolen and was recovered like this

got some bodywork done. shaved some stuff and filled some holes

back on the street. feels good

jay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 03:35 PM   #382
dizzariot
Post Whore!

VS6s are super cool in 16". I had a couple sets before and sold them like an idiot. If I can sell a SpecR and the parts/wheels I currently have I'm going to 'fix' some of the mistakes I've made and getting a set of VS6 is on the top of that list lol.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:28 PM   #383
Jarom717
Zilvia Member

Jarom717 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure what counts as + but besides the lip, aero is all oem. Dropped right now with dmax coils and voodoo arms. Stock sr20 with some bolt on's. Hard to get a good pic of this car. Silvermoss looks great when the sun is bright but the lmgt4's can't be seen otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Jarom717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 06:43 PM   #384
biasword

biasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the roughbiasword is a jewel in the rough
'96 Silvia
Stock Sr20
HKS SSQV
Unknown Exhaust, but sounds nice

biasword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 08:02 PM   #385
Aspire818
Zilvia Member

Aspire818 is an unknown quantity at this point

new member to the 98 collection
1 owner Cali owned
Old 09-17-2021, 08:15 AM   #386
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Picked up my s13 august of 2019. Below was as of March 2020

Interior shot
Old 09-19-2021, 07:03 PM   #387
Krazy719
Leaky Injector

Krazy719 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that an oem white paint ? Looking to paint my car white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krazy719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:11 AM   #388
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
if you are referring to my car above then yes, its OEM paint code we got from the VIN #
Old 09-20-2021, 10:12 AM   #389
Krazy719
Leaky Injector

Krazy719 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah thanks for getting back but do you know if it the KG5 white ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krazy719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:30 AM   #390
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

I think when we pulled it from the VIN it gave a 613 code. Not 100% though