Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
my 89 skyline GTST

This is my 1989 skyline R32 GTST. I'm importing an R32 GTS-T with the help of Rivsu Imports in Sanford Florida. The Owner is Steve McCarthy (Vandrel) I met late last year. He talked about all the different things he had been through with his skylines and his current R31, took me for a ride in it, and talked about what it would cost to import one for me. My husband looked me and said he "isn't saying no, he is saying I'm not allowed to park it on the drive way" and either the 240 or the skyline was fine, but there wasn't room for 2 in the garage and I had to choose. I went back and forth as to sell/not sell and once I was sold on selling it 8 days later someone from south Florida bought it. Drive from Ft. Lauderdale 5 hours up in the middle of the night to pick it up on a friday evening.

So Now here Am with the skyline paid for waiting..... The first time I met steve he had a set of R33 GTS-T seats and matching floor mats he sold me for cheap, so I have those waiting in my parts room to be installed if I don't care for the seats it currently has.

As for the pictures, I'm waiting on more, but will share the few I have so far. I have been playing eye spy with the husband and tabulating a shopping list for Koni at GTR-Garage to get me for later on .

the dash plastics are being fixed before shipment, may end up with a GTR front end on it. Car looks like the Previous owner removed a bunch of parts from their "race car" and sold it as is.

off the top of my head I see

Cage (cusco based on how it runs under the dash)

Strut bar (cusco)

steering wheel (Nardi)

Boost Gauge (blitz)

Intake (M's intake)

BOV (blitz dual drive)

Radio (who cares what brand)

wheels (been a real debate as to what brand/style they are, but 3 piece from the look)

Exhaust (guys thought it might be Greddy, but idk)

Gauges (idk what they are but they are to the left of the steering wheel and look to be small, less that is factory)
it, and dig in deeper.

video in link below
http://rivsuimports.com/inventory/ns011119.html

(trying to clean this up as I move it from another board. This car arrives in August and is currently riding a boat to see me)
Old 06-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
rangerjavi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
rangerjavi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I've seen these pics posted on Facebook, not all these pics but most of just the car. Very nice, what are these fetching for now?

Being a Floridian is a birth right!
rangerjavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

SSR (Tanabe) Varden Sport VS (please correct me If I'm off a bit on the name) 17x8 +38 and 17x9 +38. 4 and 5 lug 114.3, so these should be a direct bolt on. May add a little spacer to them to get them another 10mm closer to the fender, and finish them off with a 275 or so rear tire and 245s in the front. I fell for them immediately and contacted GTR Garage and told them what I wanted to spend, and not to exceed. Won them and was actually surprised how cheap they went for ($73 USD+fees).

credit the husband for polishing them up

17x8+38

17x9 +38

the center caps gave him lots of fits, but an abarsive wheel+dremel took care of them

before

After

He had a friend owe him from a spare oil pan he shipped to a friend (had it from when he welded it and replaced another friends MS6 oil pan) and he is shipping him some fancy polish to get them to shine extra bright. Going to do the lips and center caps when that arrives, then clear.

Sat, we went visit steve......

how is this not the most eye catching thing in the lot......

there were more cars in the back, just took a couple of quick snaps. that Soarer was soooo clean.

scored these sways on YAJ using fromjapan

husband thought he was real funny, posted this on facebook and called it "Gabby's baby nursery"
Old 06-30-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Had Steve at Rivsu Paint it before it entered the container

Before....

After......

Front

Rear

few more shots:

Old 06-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #5
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

More parts:

Using From Japan

From GTRgarage
I have owned several sets of coils before, always new. When adjusting them after "new" they have all showed signs of wear and filled with sand. Not just on my cars, but on everyone else's car I have helped..... These arrived looking NEW, not a drop of dirt on them. Idk what they to make them this clean and fresh, but other than a single scuff on the one controller I would have assumed they were new.

regardless of how clean they were, I still let them have a good PB blast soaking, and after a couple hours of letting it just soak and work its way in, I wiped them clean. Can not wait to get these installed.

mail man came at aboutt 2:00pm today, "O thank goodness you are home, this box isn't as bad as the last one".... LOL. Thanked him for all his help, and will be giving him a gift soon enough, have to figure out what to get him. W/o the help of this 60 year old little man I would be still waiting. He had another "lighter" package with him....

Going to be ordering a stencil to have the blitz logo on the front mount. really like the way it looks when it is done that way. So now here I am, waiting for my car.

It is on a boat, will arrive the 2nd week of August. Then assembly commences. Big thanks for GTRgarage and Rivsu for all their help and helping me build my car.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjavi View Post
I've seen these pics posted on Facebook, not all these pics but most of just the car. Very nice, what are these fetching for now?
I paid $8500 shipped, titled, tagged, and fed legal. They are going for a little more now as of the 1st of January everyone and their mother realized they could be obtained. Though still seeing them going for pretty reasonable prices IMO (compared to what a SR hatch goes for with a hacked up harness and unknown miles).
Old 06-30-2014, 01:02 PM   #7
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So much win, I love the respray and the color you guys went with is perfect...

This is motivating me soo much, I can't wait to get mines, feels like forever trying to sell my car.

Once again congrats, and best of luck with her I will be checking this thread out for updates.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:02 PM   #8
rangerjavi
Zilvia Addict

rangerjavi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
I paid $8500 shipped, titled, tagged, and fed legal. They are going for a little more now as of the 1st of January everyone and their mother realized they could be obtained. Though still seeing them going for pretty reasonable prices IMO (compared to what a SR hatch goes for with a hacked up harness and unknown miles).
You have one hell of a good husband from what I'm reading, that $8,500 price tag with all that you mentioned actually seems really good especially with some goodies that it has. Wish I knew about the importer in Sanford earlier especially when I worked in that area for a bit, I will subscribe to this thread.

Being a Floridian is a birth right!
rangerjavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjavi View Post
You have one hell of a good husband from what I'm reading, that $8,500 price tag with all that you mentioned actually seems really good especially with some goodies that it has. Wish I knew about the importer in Sanford earlier especially when I worked in that area for a bit, I will subscribe to this thread.
yeah he is alright. both of us are gear heads, he is big mazda guy, but talked me into my first 240 after I killed my mustang back in HS. been a Nissan girl ever since.

The $8500 does not include the $1500 I paid for the car to be repainted. The $1500 covered everything being repainted expect the engine bay which is far cheaper than anything not Maaco I could find locally when I wanted to paint my last S13. the last S13 I had was closer to 4k just to paint match the OE color, so I had to jump at it. was the only thing I couldn't handle doing myself here comfortably. Everything else I can handle doing on my own. As the car arrives and I get to dig into it more I'm sure I will find little things that need repairs, but that is no problem for me. I much prefer to replace it on my own anyway.

I have a feeling Ikeya shopping is in my future....
Old 06-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #10
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post
So much win, I love the respray and the color you guys went with is perfect...

This is motivating me soo much, I can't wait to get mines, feels like forever trying to sell my car.

Once again congrats, and best of luck with her I will be checking this thread out for updates.
Thanks, it is R33 Midnight Purple (LP2). Need to figure out what to do with the Grace Rear Spats to either match, or Wrap in CF. Haven't decided yet.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #11
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Where is this importer in sanford?
Old 06-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #12
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
Where is this importer in sanford?
http://rivsuimports.com/main.html

close to the sanford mall. down the street from PRS
Old 06-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #13
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
http://rivsuimports.com/main.html

close to the sanford mall. down the street from PRS
Oh okay sweet, that's right by my house.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #14
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wow.

what engine and mods wrt engine?
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:41 PM   #15
living4surf
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (52)
living4surf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
still one of my favorite colors
living4surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #16
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundboy View Post
wow.

what engine and mods wrt engine?
RB20DET

blitz FMIC
Blitz BOV
K's intake

I'm sure there is more, just only so much I can dig into well it is sitting in a container. Will do a Turbo back exhaust if there isn't already a test pipe and DP.

Going to take it slow, and make sure everything is straight. going to take it to a couple of auto X events to really get my bearing for driving on the right hand side. Don't need to be opening it up to WOT on public roads Till I'm 100% dialed in.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #17
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Wait, you got those wheels for $73? How much were the fees? (You can PM me if you want) Apparently I need to get on YAJ more...
Old 06-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #18
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Wait, you got those wheels for $73? How much were the fees? (You can PM me if you want) Apparently I need to get on YAJ more...
correct. $73. GTR garage standard fees are $550. for shipping and placing the bid. Got them a little cheaper with combining it with other things, and had their been a container coming at the time I won them I probably could have saved even more, but yes.

All center caps intact and the Varden Sport valve stem caps. They definitely needed a little wet sanding, but all said and done even with sanding material, I still haven't spent what a set of XXR's cost. It has been really eye openning what opportunties there are with Yahoo auctions.

Case in point, the ARC sway bars I won for $48 bucks. I used From Japan on those, and all told spend less than 180 bucks for the whole setup.

The Greddy coils, The listing ended at $513 (or there abouts), and then GTR garages handling fees. Was going to go with a custom BC racing setup as they are local, but I just couldn't pass up the deal. Seems I made out even better than I thought as they arrived looking Brand new.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:51 PM   #19
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

I don't want to say how great a deal GTR garage offers on things that are brand new from vendors as well, but lets just say I saved several hundred dollars going to GTRgarage for the Blitz SE over anything I could source stateside.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:59 AM   #20
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

My R32 is a container on its way over here. July 1, 2014 is today...... that makes it officially 25 years old per fed standards and can now legally enter the country at anytime free from DOT and EPA exemptions.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #21
1GR-FE

1GR-FE is an unknown quantity at this point
I can chauffeur you around til you get use to it.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #22
JBB
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JBB is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
dirty mcgirdy
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #23
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR-FE View Post
I can chauffeur you around til you get use to it.
LOL, I have been offered not only that, but for people to change my oil, do this do that.... Sorry I take care of all that stuff myself.

Drove a couple of RHD cars in the last two days including "test driving" steve's Toyota Soarer

This car....
http://rivsuimports.com/inventory/ts0043865.html

ZOMG.... this thing is just unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
dirty mcgirdy
lol, thanks.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:01 AM   #24
aga
Zilvia Junkie

aga is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice! love that you re tuning it properly with jdm parts. why not go for a GTR since you re getting into the trouble of importing one?
Old 07-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #25
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you going to put a SR in it?
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #26
1GR-FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
Think she said she was going KA-T.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #27
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga View Post
very nice! love that you re tuning it properly with jdm parts. why not go for a GTR since you re getting into the trouble of importing one?
Thank you, not only is it "cheaper" to source the parts and wait for them to ship state side (I couldn't source a knock of FMIC for the price I got the blitz for), but it would be a crime IMO to go cheap on it. I didn't do it with my S13's, my G35, or any of my other cars so I don't intend to start now. It definitely makes the build go slower than slapping on a ton of Megan parts, but I value the R&D and care put into making the parts. It makes me feel a little safer behind the wheel.

As for the GTST vs GTR. Sourcing a GTR would have been double for one in decent shape (16-22k easy) and to find an early one was difficult. I personally don't care for AWD or 4wd, I have had them all, and personally a proper RWD coupe is truly my favorite. Later on the down the road if I get bored or want to go bigger an RB25/26 is a cake walk swap so I'm not too worried about it. I have plenty of experience doing much more difficult swaps. That said, 9 months is long enough of a wait. early GTR's still have a couple of months to wait before they are legal, and I for one can't handle it anymore. My friends are having kids, I can relate to the hurry up and wait feeling.... It is driving me insane. Spent the last 3 days over at Steve's seeing his 30s, 31s, and Nismo sure haven't helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
Of course. That is what people int he US do with everything right? I mean who wouldn't want to drop two cylinders and go to an aluminum block.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR-FE View Post
Think she said she was going KA-T.
lol, If any going do to a 4 cylinder I would probably opt for an FJ. I have had a CA before and Have no desire to own an SR, but if the engine is changing (and I don't for see that in the near future) it will go up to a bigger RB....
Old 07-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #28
living4surf
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (52)
living4surf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
There are actually a lot of people over seas that have swapped in sr's you can bash it but its not the worst idea ever
living4surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #29
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
RB25 would definitely be cool later on down the road. Keep it inline-6 please.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #30
1GR-FE

Going SR would cost 3-5k maybe. Why spend that money when the rb20 has roughly the same output stock and she'd be right back at square one. It would make more sense to run the rb20, pick up a 25 or 26 to build on the side, then down the road do the swap when the 20 goes out. For me I'd just be happy as shit to drive a skyline no mater whats under the hood.