Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:20 AM   #271
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Have to tested/checked the TPS for correct adjustment and dead spots?
That I had not considered. hmmm.... I will have to give that a go, Thanks for the idea.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #272
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey Gabby, you get your lip in yet?
Old 12-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #273
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Last I heard, it was waiting for the next shipment.

Same with my corner lights and pedal car.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #274
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
I only run Copper plugs back from my many moons ago with my CA. they are cheap, they do the job, and the only "upside" for iridium is change intervals (at more than 3 times the cost). I don't don't drive this car enough to ever let that be a big deal. I change the plugs on them ever 3 oil change anyway, it is not expensive enough to care (and still cheaper than iridiums). We run Copper plugs in our drag cars which see a ton more timing and nitrous and they work like a champ, so I haven't been sold on iridiums from the get go. Done lots of reading on Platinum plugs which retain the most heat, and can lead to pre-ignition, and I just haven't trusted them since.
I did the math on this a while back. Iridiums are actually more cost effective if replaced every 25,000 miles. NGK recommends every 40,000 miles. This is why I'm intrigued to see if iridium will yield better performance vs copper on the dyno. Cost about $26 for set of 4 of Iridium IX.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #275
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If you're deadset on fixing the idle blip, I recommend borrowing an aftermarket ECU. Something capable of displaying all sensor data in real time. (Nistune works great for this) Monitor the AFM data and the timing map etc. My RB has a weird hunting idle cycle where it will rise in RPM for a second, just enough to bump into the next "block" on the timing map, idle will drop for a split sec then climb back up. Not really noticeable except for slight dip of the tachometer needle. Who even idles their RB anymore? They were built to be ran on the rev limiter
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #276
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
I did the math on this a while back. Iridiums are actually more cost effective if replaced every 25,000 miles. NGK recommends every 40,000 miles. This is why I'm intrigued to see if iridium will yield better performance vs copper on the dyno. Cost about $26 for set of 4 of Iridium IX.
www.ngksparkplugs.com/pdf/dyk_5points.pdf
Old 12-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #277
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

So little update.......

Picked up a J30 ignitor. Wired that in, still the same blip in the idle. Did the tape wrapping thing and grounded each coil individually. Still there, just kind of living with it for the time being...

For Christmas my husband got me a Genuine Tomei "piston" Oil cap as a stocking stuffer. Really liked the fit and finish. Looks great.

On my way to Christmas at my parents. you would be shocked how many packages you can actually fit in one of these cars.....

He also surprised me and signed me up for HIN orlando on the 27th. I wasn't real excited to go, but what the hell a lot of the guys I knew were going and it is always a good time to see old friends. He had the 26th off from work and got to spend all day detailing before the event. car looked smashing when everything was done....

loaded her up on one of our trailers and took her over to OSW

When we arrived we were waiting to roll a man stopped us and popped out of his brand new Audi. He asked if "we wanted a chance to win $250", which my reply is usually "no you can't have my email address". After accepting he told us he wanted the car in Sylviana's lighting booth, and that we would be given lighting systems to illuminate the car. Rob is a wiring freak and we agreed. They had us up against a very nice dude in an RSX who admitted to my husband he didn't have a prayer and was madly in love with my car..... waiting on photos still but because of the location there were tons of photos taken....

here is what happen:

Won best lighting display for the "zevo" stuff. promply ripped it out of the car before it left the lot. haven't decided what I'm going to do with it, but we won! Was a pretty clean job for what little tools we had and time.

Well we were there this guy parked right by us, he also blew our doors off doing a flyby on the road as we left....

If you were there rob may have gotten a Cell phone shot of your car. I didn't want to leave my car alone with the keys in the ignition (lighter is key on power and that is what turned on the lights). They did give us a power inverter, which was good, but I didn't want anyone walking away with my keys....

Steve's car

My car...

one more of the trophy....

Will probably wire up the lights for one of my cousins if one of my friends doesn't lay claim to them first. They aren't horrible quality, but they have no business on my car if they aren't paying for them to be there. I don't like them that much....
Old 12-29-2014, 10:15 PM   #278
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I got very dissapointed when I saw the purple lights on the car. So glad you took them off.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #279
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I had a flash back of 2003 lol. When street glow was the FnF hype! They gave you money? That is all that matters! I to have one of those rb26 piston oil caps on my 25. Very nice piece.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #280
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
I got very dissapointed when I saw the purple lights on the car. So glad you took them off.
Yeah, they were in the truck before The said who even won. To hell with that shit on my car. Since I'm soon to be a mommy I may have to add them to the pedal car we have coming, let the kid enjoy the flashing lights or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
I had a flash back of 2003 lol. When street glow was the FnF hype! They gave you money? That is all that matters! I to have one of those rb26 piston oil caps on my 25. Very nice piece.
yep, $250 was worth it. It made what I would have viewed the rest of the event as totally worthless bearable. They were LEDs, so even the "street glow" stuff looked better as you had the dimples of LEDs on whatever they reflected off of. I did enjoy the access to the power inverter though. Had my blitz electronics (boost gauge, power meter, turbo timer) all lit up and looking spiffy.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:24 AM   #281
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spools420a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you could always save the lights for xmas and throw them on your xmas tree each year?
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:35 AM   #282
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Well, I scored a set of RB20 Coils on eBay with 30k on them. I disassembled them and filled them with electronic grease. Went to Advance got a complete set of BCPR7ES-11 and gapped them to a .040.

Installed them last night and the idle miss is gone. I think a lot of it has to do with the small gap I was running earlier. Will see how it goes for now, didn't get to take it around the block or anything because it was pouring. Hopefully it is 100% as it sounded and felt like. Never been an electronic grease fan, but it seems to have helped and a lot of RB guys recommended it.

Going to Real street's Open house on Sat, if you are going come say hello, Will also be going to Classic mazda that evening for their pre-Rolex event. Rob gets in and knows the guys at Speed source and others pretty well so it is always a good time.