Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:05 AM   #31
NismoZRS

Trader Rating: (0)
NismoZRS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey Fries, great build/info thread, ive used it a lot so far (almost copying you infact).. I'm in the garage right now doing a 1uz/KA on my s13 and I have a couple questions for you:

What did you use to adapt your pilot bushing? (and do you know the O.D. of the adapter?)

Does the 3sgte flywheel not being chamfered cause an issue with the 1uz starter?

Did you have to lengthen the throwout bearing sleeve, like weld two together?
NismoZRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2015, 11:36 AM   #32
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZRS View Post
Hey Fries, great build/info thread, ive used it a lot so far (almost copying you infact).. I'm in the garage right now doing a 1uz/KA on my s13 and I have a couple questions for you:

What did you use to adapt your pilot bushing? (and do you know the O.D. of the adapter?)

Does the 3sgte flywheel not being chamfered cause an issue with the 1uz starter?

Did you have to lengthen the throwout bearing sleeve, like weld two together?
Pilot Bearing Adapter: http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...g-adapter.html

Flywheel: I'd say yes. Within 2 months the starter went out. Most people modify the starter's teeth. I have no knowledge on that though. I sent the flywheel for mod because one and done.

Throwoutbearing: http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...g-adapter.html is the one I used. However. Its not a very pretty piece...

XAT's: http://www.xatracing.com/uztokatrthou.html looks like a much higher quality piece annnnnd $25 cheaper.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:47 AM   #33
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Did alot of work and by a lot, I mean some minor time consuming wiring. I cleaned up my Chassis (F3) to fuse/relay portion of the harness. It was a tangled mess that wasnt long enough to properly tuck up and was just bouncing around and being stupid. However, the intial plan WAS to redo it and I just threw it together to make sure I could get the car to run correctly.

Here's before.

This is me laying the wires out and labeling everything. I not going to say it took special favors to have the Mrs allow me to do this on the kitchen table... but stuff happened.

Chew, preworkout, snowboarding gear... hell all I need now is a picture of my beard and you'd all be sure I was a man and not a girly zenki owner.

Anyway. Chopped up some sheetmetal. Screwed some stuff in. This is the result.

Is it the cleanest thing in the world? Nah, but its better than before. Suck it.

Got some lines from enjuku to replace my bent hardline on the steering rack.

Currently working on the engine bay fuse box and lower harness. Pictures when more is completed.

Due to possible job taking me away from home for a while, I'm not focusing on making the engine pretty right now. I'll replace intake gaskets and reinstall the motor. Gotta get Y pipe made, purchase exhaust, O2 sensor for left side annnnnd 245/40s for the rear. Maybe 225s, so I dont have to roll the rear fenders + wont be so worried about the transmission.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #34
JZ78
Leaky Injector

JZ78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmmm.... Very interesting.

sent from my mind
Old 03-06-2015, 08:53 AM   #35
shoguner
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
shoguner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post

Is it the cleanest thing in the world? Nah, but its better than before. Suck it.

Got some lines from enjuku to replace my bent hardline on the steering rack.

Looks great man!
Also, I did not know those lines existed haha. I will need to get those.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:04 AM   #36
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah they're great. Except I backed my effin transmission up against it when reinstalling the engine and broke one. Sweet.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:33 PM   #37
NismoZRS

How long did it take for your collins parts to reach your door after you ordered them?
Old 03-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #38
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

A month or so I believe. I ordered thru Enjuku, emailed them after 2+ weeks with no tracking number then heard from collins.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #39
NismoZRS

Ok, its been like 2 weeks for me and I haven't heard anything from them.. I just want to know if its coming/working on it or not; its literally all I'm waiting on now.. They did process my money though

Can you do me a huge favor and tell me how thick the plate is???

Last edited by NismoZRS; 03-25-2015 at 12:47 PM..
Old 03-29-2015, 10:43 PM   #40
badass8
Zilvia Junkie

badass8 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought I subscribed to your thread dammit!

Wiring looks good! And I think I'll have to do that for my steering rack lines as well. Mine are ugly and bent as well.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:37 PM   #41
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Well, I left for a job overseas. Asked the wife and a friend to put the car in a storage unit... Oil pan too low + bad ramp placement = NAILED oil pan and blew the motor and airbags...

Hard thing to wake up to...

Now to decide on replacing the 1uz or going LSx.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:53 PM   #42
JZ78
Leaky Injector

JZ78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear.... The lsx is pretty tempting though.

sent from my mind
Old 04-02-2015, 07:31 AM   #43
shoguner
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
shoguner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
Well, I left for a job overseas. Asked the wife and a friend to put the car in a storage unit... Oil pan too low + bad ramp placement = NAILED oil pan and blew the motor and airbags...

Hard thing to wake up to...

Now to decide on replacing the 1uz or going LSx.
IMG
Wait what?! How did they blow an engine from just putting it in the storage?

Did they leave it running for like, 4 hours after 0 oil?
I just can't figure how they fucked it up this bad. lol.

Also...... Go ls.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:07 PM   #44
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Vehicle is forsale.

With college and moving to a location with absolutely no drifting nearby (San Angelo, TX) I've decided to purchase something reliable, but just as fun.

Hello little girl.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:52 PM   #45
Issa__40__
Leaky Injector

Issa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-knownIssa__40__ is making his/her stupidity well-known
how much would you charge me to help me install and get my swap running? i have a 1uz using a ka24de trans collins full swap kit mounts driveshaft etc i need help with the harness
Issa__40__ is offline   Reply With Quote