Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #91
carnal_c30
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
carnal_c30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
good pads and good tires are really what you need

if you're cheap and you buy meagan brakes i'm sure your tires will be cheap too so all your brakes will be good for is giving your cheap tires nice flat spots because you were too cheap to sign up for track events and pay to learn how to drive your car

kudos to megan for giving the market what it wants!! =o
carnal_c30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 PM   #92
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Im with everyone on MR being wack quality wise.PLUS once
ran into a dude in GMR his megan manifold had flex about
1/2 inch off the block.Snap 5 studs in it.WACK!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #93
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
well, like I said, I personally have had good luck with the megan products, and the welds all look solid and shiny to this date.

I think you suckas got jackeD! XD
daryl337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:06 PM   #94
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsports View Post
Actually Megan does have these brakes available for our cars. I won't say who makes them for megan but they're a top notch company in the brake industry and you will not be let down. I've sold a few sets to 350z guys who road race and they've always been satisfied. If anyone is interested in a set let me know and I can set it up.
Perfect example of why to never trust a salesman who is telling you something about thier own product. If it is such a reputable company why wouldnt you say who it was? I mean if Brembo made MR's BBK then I would think you would WANT to say that to sell more product but what do I know. Also if you are going to say "MR wont let us say who makes them"(which Im sure you will) then MR is fucking retarded because if I was selling a BBK made by Alcon only it had "Ryan Racing" stamped on the side you better believe it would be in BOLD in my ad.
These road racers you speak of, please have one of them come to this thread posting a review backed by some track experience with the kit.
PS: I couldnt help but notice you take pride in being the east coast's # 1 distributor of straight up garbage.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #95
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl337 View Post
well, like I said, I personally have had good luck with the megan products, and the welds all look solid and shiny to this date.

I think you suckas got jackeD! XD
tell me that four years from now when I am still on my first set of battle version links on my S13 which are currently four years old and are still perfect
Old 08-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #96
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
LOL - i love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
Perfect example of why to never trust a salesman who is telling you something about thier own product. If it is such a reputable company why wouldnt you say who it was? I mean if Brembo made MR's BBK then I would think you would WANT to say that to sell more product but what do I know. Also if you are going to say "MR wont let us say who makes them"(which Im sure you will) then MR is fucking retarded because if I was selling a BBK made by Alcon only it had "Ryan Racing" stamped on the side you better believe it would be in BOLD in my ad.
These road racers you speak of, please have one of them come to this thread posting a review backed by some track experience with the kit.
PS: I couldnt help but notice you take pride in being the east coast's # 1 distributor of straight up garbage.
owned by the entire state of PA

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #97
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
I'm going to take a Sharpie and write Logan on the sides of my Z32s

You guys will buy them for sure

Suckers

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #98
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
i thought there was already a waiting list on those LOGAN Brig Brake Kit
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #99
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigodom1 View Post
i thought there was already a waiting list on those LOGAN Brig Brake Kit
Yeah I'm just trying to work on finding some good child labor

Kids these days have no work ethic!

And they want juice and cookies and whatnot!

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #100
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well logan wont be to hard to find a few sweat shops over in the la metro area lol
mabe tommy hilfiger or something can lend u some workforce lol
jkjkjk
Old 08-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #101
umsports
Zilvia.net Advertiser

umsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura aboutumsports has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
Wow what a rant. I've never said megan has the best quality of everything or is gods gift to the earth but when we sell over a $100,000 worth of their products every year and only have enough issues that it stays on 1 hand I'm going to stick with them and what they do. If something fails they replace it. Which is rare but failures happen with every brand so don't try and run off with that one. When the BBK kit for the 240 has gone thru its final testing I'll be sure to give more info on the setup. Unfortunately I think we have a case of an e-thugger gone wild. Let me get your picture out.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #102
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
you don't know anything about braking, do you? bigger brakes do not give you shorter stopping distances. every car with disk brakes (maybe even if they have drums all around too), has enough braking power to lock up the tires. it is the tires, brake bias and suspension that determines a cars stopping distance. if you do the test you described, you will find that the stopping distance will be the same for all 4 options and will be the same as stock brakes. The purpose of larger brakes is to reduce fade. brakes convert motion into heat, and they have to dissipate that heat or the brake fluid will boil. larger brakes have a greater heat capacity and are able to dissipate heat more easily. you will only notice improved braking from a BBK in a track-type setting, where you have repeated, hard braking.

QFT
Oh wow thanks for the info I never knew that. lol I have been racing for a long time and I am not talking about autox or hpde events. I love all you people who can spew this shit from books and articles, but have never run a track day in there life.

Good thing my s13 is going to be a track slut.
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #103
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post

"You get juice and cookies when you make a decent strut bar that FITS damnit!"

In all reality, 90% of people COULD run Megan brake kits, with the type of driving they do, and have no problems at all. But that other 10% whose cars see heavy and hard track use, and/or are putting out some pretty high HP numbers, probably, and for good reason, wouldn't want to use them. Not to mention the fact that, as stated by many others before, MOST people don't need any bigger then Z32 or Q45 brake upgrades for half the price.

That's just the way it be...
Old 08-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #104
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Just piece together the kit.

Sti rears.
Evo fronts
evo rotors.

probably have to F with the brackets. Cant be much worse than the Evo/Sti brembo upgrade.

CUMMMMMON.

Then you can have all the cheap parts you want. Slammin the streets of compton with that dark blue under those 962's!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #105
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post

Logan Racing FTMFW.

You could always start up a sweat shop in Vietnam and have those kids sharpie your name onto Z32 calipers for like $0.01 per day. Youd be rich!!!

Seriously though folks, are we still arguing about this shit?? I think the general consensus is in: Megan Racing already sucks, so why the fuck would we spend $3k on their brakes when there are a lot better options out there for us? Im pretty sure the dead horse has already been beaten into oblivion.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #106
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
LOL - @ shadows.

962s Lose :P

I'm gonna write brumbo on my Q45s and sell em as misprinted special edition floating 2 piston calipers

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #107
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Wow, $100,000 worth of Megan products sold every year?
That's a WHOLE LOT of people with more money then sense.

I wouldn't trust Megan to make valve stems, but if you want them to make your brakes, go for it. More power to you.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #108
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UfoZ8myCow View Post
Logan Racing FTMFW.

You could always start up a sweat shop in Vietnam and have those kids sharpie your name onto Z32 calipers for like $0.01 per day. Youd be rich!!!
Well my business plan right now

Is that to keep overhead low, I'm going to steal Sharpies from the local high school, or maybe take some from my grandma's house

If I run out of ink, I will use soy sauce and mix it with the ink to stretch it out

I will work double shifts, with me working the day on the Sharpie, and then at nights Brian will fill in

He is a magician with the Sharpie, have you seen his t shirts???

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 08-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #109
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Child labor ftw.

Santa's dead, get a fuckin job.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #110
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
you want cheap? wilwood makes a 13", 4 pot kit for the fronts. its about $1k.

i couldnt roll on those simply because they say 'megan racing' on the calipers. eww.

Your car looks hot man
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #111
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
3z brakes are already dirt cheap, q45's are even more so, and replacement stock parts can be had for free
+1^ Who the fuck needs cheap ass megan shit when you can have nissan oem goodness from a z32 or skyline? If you do the z32 bmc and rear z32 brakes you'll have perfect brake proportioning. All the research has already been done. If you wanna floss some bling on your brakes get Brembos, Endless or AP Racing. Trying to reinvent the wheel just to be different = FTMFL

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:14 PM   #112
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
They aren't reinventing the wheel though, they're just copying another wheel.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #113
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Yeah they're copying sport max and rota wheels instead of work or volk racing haha

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #114
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
a whole lot of hatred and violent speech... I came across a Ksport BBK kit too... I mean seriously, buying a quality BBK isn't that much more.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:46 PM   #115
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by umsports View Post
Wow what a rant. I've never said megan has the best quality of everything or is gods gift to the earth but when we sell over a $100,000 worth of their products every year and only have enough issues that it stays on 1 hand I'm going to stick with them and what they do. If something fails they replace it. Which is rare but failures happen with every brand so don't try and run off with that one. When the BBK kit for the 240 has gone thru its final testing I'll be sure to give more info on the setup. Unfortunately I think we have a case of an e-thugger gone wild. Let me get your picture out.
Like I said. The majority if idiots buying Megan parts are fucking fanboys that not only do they not have a fucking clue HOW to drive, they probably never drive hard at all. And, when they do decide to race.. thats when you hear about it in the newspaper when they smash up their "modified fixed up car." Was it the shitty brakes? the shitty suspension parts? or shitty driver? who knows.. who cares - racers get the bad rap, right? right.

like i said, i could give a fuck. great companies like wilwood exist for a reason. its just like the sukkaz that make the WRONG decision back in the day to buy TENZO-R products. i guess tenzo needed a new name, and a new demographic.. instead of civics and such, its 240s. thats cool.

i love tenzo.. and i sure love megan. that bitch.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:02 PM   #116
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
ya, megan is the new tenzo r
Old 08-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #117
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Whoa whoa whoa.

Tenzo did what huh

Are you saying tenzo changed their name or that they own MR?

I'm so lost.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 PM   #118
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
ckamc: If you had the mental capacity to read two sentences in a row you'd notice the term "name brand" which would include wildwood and brembo. Furthermoe I was comparing aftermarket big brake kits not O.E. brake upgrades. I would personally go with Q-45 front brakes or a 4-wheel 300 zx set up long before buying any big brake kit. however if I was going to buy a big brake kit I would definitely consider the megans for two reasons #1 they'll be half the price #2 for sure megan is buying those calipers from a much larger and more reputable manufacturer and the rotors are easily replaced if they're crap.

Option Zero: You're not as smart or as cool as you think u are.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #119
zerooath
98 Kouki Slicktop. Tip Dealer!

zerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to allzerooath is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zerooath
i've been following this thread for a while and i personally have no megan racing products or plan on buying any simply because i think they suck.

but as far as proof goes...if there actually any proof that megan racing sucks? are they another ebay brand gone "big time" sorda like SS AutoChrome.

do they just make crappy quality products and slap on the word racing to bring their products to attention to the idiots that fall for it?
zerooath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:10 AM   #120
Farzam
Post Whore!

Even if the products are great, theyr'e still knockoffs...

I remember years ago they were really small (nearly unknown), and I saw a stick on a car and said "wow...worst name for a racing team ever."