Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:30 AM   #1
BoogyManNN

Trader Rating: (0)
BoogyManNN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoogyManNN
Unhappy what are some good Brakes for touge???

What are the best for touge use?? I was thinking hawk Hp plus pads with brembo rotors sloted or drilled. I want something that is really consistent are wont breake easily and brakes that i feel safe useing

Please give me your input it would help alot..dont feel safe with what i have now
BoogyManNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #2
spdfreek0o
Zilvia Member

spdfreek0o will become famous soon enoughspdfreek0o will become famous soon enoughspdfreek0o will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to spdfreek0o
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ght=brake+pads

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ght=brake+pads

took my exactly a minute to use the all-knowing search feature that is available to all members.
spdfreek0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #3
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
You need get touge specific pads and rotors. Without the right setup you can't do breaking drifts and you will definitely spill your cup of water.
SpeedMonkeyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:44 AM   #4
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
A lot of people are on Project Mu's nuts, but I don't think I'm sure if that's because they're good, or because they're jDm TyTe
Old 02-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
nah, american pads are still good too. hawks are good, ferodo's are good i heard too.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
EchoOfSilence
Nissanaholic!

EchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant futureEchoOfSilence has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to EchoOfSilence
Ferodo is Italian, IIRC.
Don't get me wrong, I WANT to use 'american' pads; they're cheaper. But if the b-forces honestly fade less, require no heating, gives just as much bite, then maybe they're top contender. But for those prices, I just don't know.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:40 PM   #7
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Here's the deal: if you are braking a lot, the stock brakes won't cut it.

If you're poor, just do the basics: lines, pads, fluid. Stainless lines, fast street/autocross pads, and Ate Superblue or Typ 200 fluid. Hawk HP, Carbotech Panther, Axxis Ultimate are all good, relatively cheap pads. If you spend the extra money to get Project Mu with a stock brake system, you're just a moron.

If you're looking to upgrade, there's several choices, all of which can be found using the search button as pointed out by spdfreekOo.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #8
Chinoliro
Leaky Injector

Chinoliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Z32 brakes
good pads
Old 02-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
91rusty240sx
Zilvia Junkie

91rusty240sx is on a distinguished road
you guys arent talking about the porterfield r4-s, i heard they are better than the hps. im planning on buying these after my ultimates are gone. I love my ultimates, but for more aggressive and consistent braking, i think the r4-s can handle it.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #10
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Yeah, I forgot the Porterfields. Good pads, good price.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #11
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
i've been using the R4-S's on q45 brakes and they held up perfectly fine. Less dust than the Metal Masters I had on my stock brakes.

The R4-S is also one of the few, FEW performance pads you can get for the q45 caliper.

Turdz is running the Porterfield R4 pads...and those thing bite like nobody's business, but they are loud as a freakin' bus, literally.

something i was reminded of by KA's sig above:
what kinda tires you got?

They are the biggest factor in turning and stopping, so you better upgrade those.

even a well maintained stock brake system is sufficient for most people with good tires, and if you have super duper 16inch, 8 piston brakes w/ some stupid kumho 711 or bridgestone re92's, then you'll stop no better than my mom's van.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedMonkeyInc
You need get touge specific pads and rotors. Without the right setup you can't do breaking drifts and you will definitely spill your cup of water.

bwahahahahaha thats my new sig
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #13
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
Haha yeah I couldn't help it.

I didn't care much for the R4-S. I run Cobalt GT now, great pad. Good heat specs.
OptionZero knows what he is talking about! No point in good brakes if your tires suck.
SpeedMonkeyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:22 PM   #14
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
I'm running cheap ass napa pads on warped rotors. Super jdm braking. I'm planning to get some brembo blanks with Axxis ultimates.
Irukandji is offline   Reply With Quote