Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:58 PM   #271
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
lol nice. no matter how small it may seem. that label is essential

keep it up! any idea how many other vq30det powered S cars are out there? I've been into the scene for quite a few years now and haven't seen one
Not very many due to the fact that up until the 350z and the G35 came out there was no available RWD manual trans for the motor. The other problem was mounting. I hope to make the VQ30/35 swap more common/affordable with the mount kit I have designed.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:21 AM   #272
sac
Zilvia Addict

sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
SICK build man. MAD props to the small details..
i sent ya a pm about makin some extra $ if your interested.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #273
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
any idea how many other vq30det powered S cars are out there? I've been into the scene for quite a few years now and haven't seen one
there are a few, this was one of the first i saw, done by a guy in australia:

theres also another one in finland.

can't wait for another update, i love this build.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #274
alindeman1989
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
alindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to alindeman1989
fucking sick build man

tofu man: Don't be cheap, and buy shitty high offset rims
Old 10-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #275
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
lets see your current progress man! I want to see your car put together!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #276
holaback
BANNED

holaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymore
oh really now
Old 10-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #277
mtyost
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
mtyost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mtyost
Looked even better in person.

You are gonna have to take me on a ride when it gets finished.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #278
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Not much accomplished this weekend other than we fixed one of the rust holes in the floor board and welded all the nuts in place for the core support to be a bolt on/removable setup:

Old 10-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #279
orangejdmsilvia
Leaky Injector

orangejdmsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to orangejdmsilvia
from what i got out of this build is ...wow. this is probably what some people go through to build cars for shows. when i see crazy shit down at shows....well there just crazy im not to fond of them..but when you see the process then your like omg. no wonder why people think its cool cause it takes alot of time and work.

for my self yea..im a more simple guy and love to stick to the model car that i have..but what your doing is amazing and big ups to ya!

also with all the work you are doing and have been doing..the way its been documented it seems like you will be able to make a nice swap kit that is better and more affordable so keep up the good work!!

i dont doubt your skills at all!
Old 10-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #280
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Well Im sick with the flu so I dont think much will get done this weekend, but a new toy was dropped on my door step today....
Hmm what do we have here......?

Oh yeah?

How big is she? Well lets do a little size comparison:

You think your turbo is big?:

Ha just kidding (I collect Coca-Cola bottles):

A real comparison using a throw back hudepohl beer can, GT35R baby!
Old 10-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #281
Chaws15
Zilvia Junkie

Chaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfectionChaws15 is close to perfection
Zomg gozira snail monster!!!11!!@!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post
You think your turbo is big?:
I rofl'd at this one.

Feel better, man! Your build is win-z!

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMN
Old 10-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #282
chetacheese
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
chetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of lightchetacheese is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to chetacheese
damm you got me there. i didnt believe it but i saw what i saw and cant argue with that. haha good one!
Old 10-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #283
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
lol that was awesome....did u polish it urself?
Old 10-13-2008, 12:29 AM   #284
KanadianRB25

KanadianRB25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hahaha that tripped me out for a second...
i used to have the same turbo before i went bigger.
.70 right?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:31 AM   #285
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to blu808
I just read through this whoe thread again. Simply awesome!

Let me know if you need any parts for your turbo setup. I will give you my cost. lol vq ftw
Old 10-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #286
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

I have some new pics, but I forgot my camera so Mike's camera phone will have to do for now. Quality is not the best but to get you picture hounds your fix here goes....
Well I wasnt happy with the quality of my original vq mount kit that was made by that other company so I decided to make my own...
Pictures of the janky shifter bracket I originally had:
Dont know how much you can tell but its all bent up and welded funky, its in no way symmetrical.

Crappy welds:

Cut it up to see what I expected, hollow round stock:

Overall this shifter bracket is just plain shotty, there is even play where the round part of the shifter sits in. So here is the start of mine:
Solid square stock:

Bracket ready to be welded together, just need my buddies 350z trans to make it easier for fitment this way we can tack the bracket together inside and outside the car without me having to remove my trans:

My stainless steel fittings and piping came in today, a little teaser, we cut the stock flange off our headers and did this to it:

Im In Da Club Hollerin' v-band band, v-band band....lol
Old 10-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #287
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Im interested to see how difficult it is to wire it all though. I'm really leaning towards this sort of swap.

+1 for being innovative and really making a build thread that can help others build not so shitty cars.

Last edited by Fries; 10-28-2008 at 10:20 PM..
Old 10-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #288
bigdreams05
Leaky Injector

bigdreams05 is making a name for him/her selfbigdreams05 is making a name for him/her self
I haven't posted in your thread yet, but I have you bookmarked and I visit weekly. I LOVE this thread. A quality build unlike any I've seen before.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #289
holaback
BANNED

holaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymoreholaback is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
lol nice. no matter how small it may seem. that label is essential

keep it up! any idea how many other vq30det powered S cars are out there? I've been into the scene for quite a few years now and haven't seen one
Well you have to put your location in to play...your not in a area where it would be likely for someone to have done that
Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #290
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Well we finished welding the v-band flanges to the headers so next step was to get started on joining the two headers to the turbo. In order to do that I needed to support the T4 flange somewhere so I came up with this:

The turbo is supported pretty well at this point, but I have two more support points I am going to make for the flange to make sure the turbo is well supported off the motor and not the collector pipes.
How the turbo will sit:

So next I bought some 2 1/4" mandrel bent stainless tubing to join the two headers to the turbo and then I bought two flex bellows to compensate for the heat so when everything expands and contrapts as it will there will be some give for the pipes so nothing will crack or break.

So as we all know stainless is expensive and I do not wish to buy anymore than I have to. So rather than use the guess and check method and waste more money than I have to, I figured it was best to make up a test dummy before I go cutting up the stainless. So I went to the local home depot and bought some 2" PVC and a bunch of PVC 90 degree elbows and 45 degree elbows as well. PVC is really cheap so it was easier on the wallet to guess and check with it instead of the stainless so here is what I came up with:

So you can all get an idea of how the turbo will look with the pipes:

And this is where I am at this point, this weekend I hope to have the pipes made up in the stainless.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #291
balachel

balachel is an unknown quantity at this point
wow i just read through this whole thread very nice attention to detail and sick build man.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:14 PM   #292
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

"Gotta be handy with the steel If you know what I mean, earn your keep....."
Well I am handy with the chop saw anyway, Mike is handy with the TIG:

Should have the rest of the piping complete tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #293
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to WoolyS14DET
Very nice !!! IDK If you thought about running the AEM setup so you dont have to use all the stock ECM/BCM/KEYS/and Gauge Cluster ??? Just a thought !! Keep up the good work I will be subscribing to your build thread !!! I have a few good VQ35HR motors with tranny's if you are or no anyone who is looking !!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 PM   #294
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

unlegendary is a well-known jackass
the stock 350z computer is too freakin' advanced for an AEM setup. Anyone else running their VQ Swaps without the use of a forced induction, or the stock ECM/BCM/Keys they will run with less power. the stock computer is that much effective

By the way Wooley, can you verify a blank 350z key if I offered you the BCM?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #295
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
yeah but clearly he's going timing cover mount turbo
Old 11-18-2008, 11:10 AM   #296
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
wow.good job
Old 11-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #297
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to WoolyS14DET
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegendary View Post
the stock 350z computer is too freakin' advanced for an AEM setup. Anyone else running their VQ Swaps without the use of a forced induction, or the stock ECM/BCM/Keys they will run with less power. the stock computer is that much effective

By the way Wooley, can you verify a blank 350z key if I offered you the BCM?

Send me a PM Sir !! I will do what I can to help you out !!

BTW the AEM comes with a whole noe ECM and they supposed have perfected that EFI setup on that motor with out the use of stock ECM,BCM,KEYS,and Gauge Cluster. IMO
Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #298
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Done Son! But it doesnt clear the radiator doah! Oh well more modifying to do....

Mike in action:

Old 11-18-2008, 07:04 PM   #299
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
ooooooh very pertty.

What ya gonna do about the radiator? Seems like you could angle mount it (bottom closer to firewall)
Old 11-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #300
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
ooooooh very pertty.

What ya gonna do about the radiator? Seems like you could angle mount it (bottom closer to firewall)
Yeah thats actually my idea, I am hoping I can mount it in such a way the bottom still fits in the stock location but the top tucks under the core support, if I can do that then I am golden. We will see, guess I have to buy a radiator now and find out.