Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #451
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
autotragic. piggy ftw though... HUD still work?

edit: Looking for others' opinions, not that it will change my mind at all. (just curious) I know the thought of painting a non-oem two-tone car with a two-tone paint job is fakery or whatever, but what's everyone's thoughts on painting a non-two-tone car two-tone, if it is to preserve the two-tone Silvia body components, rather than paint them to match the car? Is that slightly more respectable?
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2008, 02:56 AM   #452
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^Fuck it, do what you gotta do. Just do NOT do it to a stupid fastback. lol

If I ever get another coupe... It will be resprayed creamy-yellow two-tone.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:03 AM   #453
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
Hud still works, and yes, auto matic...FTW. It is a DD. I don't want a stick for a daily in cali....oh and the Cruise Control still works too!

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #454
juice.def
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juice.def is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by macey View Post
ok here is one from australia. i think it is perfect IMO.

thats all from me for now.

-macey
damn that shits sex!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #455
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post

edit: Looking for others' opinions, not that it will change my mind at all. (just curious) I know the thought of painting a non-oem two-tone car with a two-tone paint job is fakery or whatever, but what's everyone's thoughts on painting a non-two-tone car two-tone, if it is to preserve the two-tone Silvia body components, rather than paint them to match the car? Is that slightly more respectable?
The way I see it, faking the funk on a two-tone paintjob is fine as long as you meet a few standards.

1.) Do a complete color change. This doesn't mean just door jambs and trunk, this means everything stripped out of the car and everything repainted. I guess just jambs and trunk and engine bay would 'work', but you really should do it complete. Imagine lifting the hood on a 'two-tone' car to find out it was once red. Ugh.

2.) Get new black trim tape to go in the body line. You can't have two tone without the tape.

3.) Don't do it to a 91+. Only 89/90s.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #456
InlineS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
InlineS13 has a spectacular aura aboutInlineS13 has a spectacular aura aboutInlineS13 has a spectacular aura aboutInlineS13 has a spectacular aura aboutInlineS13 has a spectacular aura aboutInlineS13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Didn't know there was a specific criteria you would have to meet to paint your own car a certain color.
InlineS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #457
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineS13 View Post
Didn't know there was a specific criteria you would have to meet to paint your own car a certain color.
He asked for an opinion, and that was what he got.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 09-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #458
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
^^^^^^
stich 3 peices???(fronts)

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #459
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz
^Fuck it, do what you gotta do. Just do NOT do it to a stupid fastback. lol CHECK

If I ever get another coupe... It will be resprayed creamy-yellow two-tone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
The way I see it, faking the funk on a two-tone paintjob is fine as long as you meet a few standards.

1.) Do a complete color change. CHECK This doesn't mean just door jambs and trunk, this means everything stripped out of the car and everything repainted. I guess just jambs and trunk and engine bay would 'work', but you really should do it complete. Imagine lifting the hood on a 'two-tone' car to find out it was once red. Ugh.

2.) Get new black trim tape to go in the body line. CHECK You can't have two tone without the tape.

3.) Don't do it to a 91+. Only 89/90s. CHECK
I Win... all were in my plans already.

As for the autotragic DD thing, I still will never understand the appeal of an AT over a MT in traffic. Much easier/more convenient to drive MT in traffic IMHO. But if you're happy, I'm happy for you. (Yours looks like it came with the same exact options mine did, but now that I'm DOHC, my AC and CC are in-op till I can get DOHC ones, just glad summer's coming to an end.)
Old 09-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #460
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
maybe we can sign a contract where i give up all rights to the 2 tone paint scheme. that way i can avoid being crucified if/when i repaint my 2 tone.
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #461
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
uhhhhhhh.......yes
Old 09-27-2008, 05:27 PM   #462
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
i thought that they didnt make 2tone hatches, but ive seen pics of them only in the uk. so they made them but only for the uk market?
Old 09-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #463
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
NEW RULE: No stupid looking two-tone hatches allowed in this thread.

Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #464
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
NEW RULE: No stupid looking two-tone hatches allowed in this thread.

uhhh uk/eurospec 180's came with available two tone. i think just in seafoam/grey. maybe in the light blue/silver color also.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #465
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilized_drifter View Post
i thought that they didnt make 2tone hatches, but ive seen pics of them only in the uk. so they made them but only for the uk market?
He IS in the UK

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 09-27-2008, 11:30 PM   #466
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

I love how everyone is squabbling over whether or not his hatch is legit, while I'm more pissed at the fact that his car is standing on wheels that would be much better suited for rolling on my car.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:37 AM   #467
soreballz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
uhhh uk/eurospec 180's came with available two tone. i think just in seafoam/grey. maybe in the light blue/silver color also.
That changes nothing. Two-tone fastbacks look dumb.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #468
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
but its still a legit two tone and this is the two tone thread.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #469
sidewayzsx
Leaky Injector

sidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura aboutsidewayzsx has a spectacular aura about
does anyone know how many 2-tones were shipped to the usa?
sidewayzsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #470
C. Senor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
maybe we can sign a contract where i give up all rights to the 2 tone paint scheme. that way i can avoid being crucified if/when i repaint my 2 tone.
as long as it was 2-tone originally, then you wont be crucified.. i repainted my 2-tone. it's just when some one does the paint scheme, then try to pull it off as a real one (which is why it was done in the first place no matter what any one says) it's super lame. like putting m3 mirrors and crap on non-m3 cars. just stupid.

with all that said 2-tones suck. they should all be crushed.....or just sent to my house...

C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:55 PM   #471
Jamison182
Zilvia Member

Jamison182 will become famous soon enoughJamison182 will become famous soon enoughJamison182 will become famous soon enoughJamison182 will become famous soon enough
Here are a few pics from this afternoon.

Jamison182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:29 AM   #472
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Senor View Post
as long as it was 2-tone originally, then you wont be crucified.. i repainted my 2-tone. it's just when some one does the paint scheme, then try to pull it off as a real one (which is why it was done in the first place no matter what any one says) it's super lame. like putting m3 mirrors and crap on non-m3 cars. just stupid.

with all that said 2-tones suck. they should all be crushed.....or just sent to my house...
I'm talking about repainting my seafoam coupe solid color
Old 09-29-2008, 01:16 AM   #473
C. Senor
Post Whore!

C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Turbo View Post
I'm talking about repainting my seafoam coupe solid color

oooooooooooo...in that case. i'll punch you in the face myself.

i mean that....i have that coupe myself.

but you will be criticized heavily.......mainly by me. and i know i can get soreballz to help me out.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:16 AM   #474
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Im telling you guys i have seen a yellow two tone hatch.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:41 AM   #475
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
my bad guys.
some kid in my town wants to sell me a 2tone coupe that i know better than him with a blown engine for 1200.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #476
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

^^that didn't really make sense to me, but shit...sounds like a good deal.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #477
Jordn
Zilvia Junkie

Jordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfectionJordn is close to perfection
Honestly Andy, get some BIG rear wheels and thats gonna look SO SICK.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #478
RedStage
Zilvia Junkie

RedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to behold
please....that hatch is probably one of the rarest cars on Zilvia.
Nicely done.

RedStage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #479
C. Senor
Post Whore!

actually....i think that hatch is pretty sick.......imo i think it needs a rear bumper and that thing is def hotness. even though i despise hatches.... it looks good, one of the cleanest i've seen.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #480
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

so......i love my 2 tone and all....

but i wanna get some aero soon. and i'm thinking about leaving the pop ups in front. However, i don't think any aftermarket bumpers look good with 2 tone paint. The only way to pull it off cleanly (IMO) is with a silvia front (either K's, Q's, or Aero bumper) because it has that body line built in that breaks up the 2 colors with the black tape.

so.......it's either onevia - 2 tone.....or 2 tone silvia.

so if you guys wanna save my car then send silvia bodywork now!!! (ransom note lol)