Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #3151
twisted_240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
twisted_240 has a spectacular aura abouttwisted_240 has a spectacular aura abouttwisted_240 has a spectacular aura abouttwisted_240 has a spectacular aura abouttwisted_240 has a spectacular aura abouttwisted_240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i like two tones regardless of condition of them. i like the factory paint scheme. i post my car in here because its a two tone. im all for restorations with light mods and stuff like that. one of my favourite cars when i first started was that white 240, silvia converted front end, gold gram lights and every nut and bolt replaced. i think he was estevans friend or something?

i use this car just for skids, and i do take pride in how it looks to a degree. as ive said before it will be getting body work done once my cressida is daily-able again, as ive been taking my time with it. the 'off season' is when a lot of driving happens so i like to use it and not have it sit. i dont daily this car at all and dont really want to cause its mostly 'race car'

so long as yal enjoy your car, thats what matters ya?

its saggy lipped cause the bottom part of the bumper has been trimmed heavily to accommodate the front mount, i dont like how the 'shark fin' pushes the bumper around..and the lip is broken in the corners and doesnt want to fit all that well i went 10 years without breaking any zenki lips and in the span of one season of drifting broke 2, oddly enough the other seasons skidding didnt blow them up

i got a kit for this car as well and have some rather large wheels that need fitting front and back, so that will happen as well. stock body has always appealed to me though. ahh well

sorry about the size of these pics :/

also, thanks for the compliments guys
Old 08-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #3152
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
You can't please them all but glad to see you're not building a car to end up being a magazine poster child - you're using it and enjoying it. Good for you. Keep shredding.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #3153
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
No one would have said anything if you didn't make a smart ass remark how it's a piece of shit. It's easily fixable with some overs yet you jump the gun and say it's a piece of shit. Truth be told, it isn't.

Stop judging books by it's cover, stop making smart ass remarks and stop thinking your the cherry car police because newsflash, you ruined a hatch already.
Of course its fixable, anything is fixable... for a price. But it'll most likely be total'd before its ever fixed. Sad day, but its happening all around us. Cars are getting harder to find in good condition and prices are going up. Its cool if you want to thrash your car into the nearest wall because its getting put to "good use" (if you believe that). We all know damage to your rear quarter panels lets all the other drift kiddies know you are down for the cause.

Quote:
I agree. What's the point of putting cool shit in a 240 to drive it like a pussy? It's a waste of money. I agree completely. Twisted's car is cool simply because it's driving and not parked at Sonic so people can take super cool JDM candid pictures. Let the single hater hate, let the rest of us rejoice.
Newsflash buddy. Anything we do with these cars is a waste of money, unless of course you keep them as stock as possible... Well then the price goes up now doesn't it? But I'm the hater because I want others to build respectable looking cars so it makes ALL OF US look good. If 9 out of 10 240sx's were in pristine condition, the general consensus would be, 240sx owners take care of their cars... Not "damn those 240sx drivers have such nice cars, they must drive like pussy vagina holes." (This is what you believe). But instead we live in a world where 1 out of 20 maybe even more will be in tip top shape.

Once people like you leave the scene for good along with everyone else who shares your same ideology, things will get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Its not up to me, or you for that matter, what people do with their cars. Do you honestly think that what you or anyone else on the internet says is really going to decide what a person does with their car? Are you that delusional?

Keep your car prestine. Thats cool, I can respect that. Let the next guy drift his car and beat it. Thats his decision, and I can also respect that. Stop inserting your smartass remarks every time someone posts a car you dont agree with. Its very simple.

I really think you get yourself worked up in real life, for what someone posts/says on the internet.
No smalls, I don't expect to change the world with 10 comments. But I will continue to voice my opinion on certain topics as I see fit. There are a lot of people behind the scenes who will read this and take in all the information and make their own decisions. I've been around these cars for a very long time, and I've influenced a lot of people along the way. I know plenty of people who drive drift missiles and I have no ill will towards them.

If you think this works me up you're dead wrong about me. I love discussions as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakville View Post
car has nice ride height and nice wheels, beautiful fitment. honestly id take it over your car pal, who on earth is one to criticize what someone likes. dont forget, theres a population of people out there that actually collect and enjoy pt cruisers. different strokes
Excellent. Now we choose cars based on fitment, and fitment alone. Great logic, I'm sure you make all sort of awesome decisions in life. I remember when I was 21 too.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #3154
cdvr-s13
Leaky Injector

cdvr-s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapowered240sx View Post
Ignore the jankyness of my car, its just going to be used for parts when i get a clean shell (i was rearended earlier this year). My fenders are off a true-tone... (Asuka's coupe actually) does that count?

IMG_4765 by alecgates, on Flickr

Also Killer has a point. one day 240's will be as rare as AE86's and you fanboys are gonna cry from all the drift tax. all because the "stance this" and "drift missle this" people out there are sending perfectly good cars to their grave to be "cool"
Get this shit out of here.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #3155
kapowered240sx

kapowered240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Knew i'd piss somebody off lol
kapowered240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #3156
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
When your opinion is 'it's a pile of shit' nine times out of ten, people stop listening. Your opinion is just that - your opinion. When you come off as a douche bag in every thread and post stupid sny and sarcastic, peoples boners go flaccid. This isn't the first thread I've seen you get demolished in for making stupid statements. Just saying.

If you don't have something nice or productive to say [willing the car isn't cut in half, on fire, or covered in literal shit], just let it slide. Be the bigger man. More respect will follow.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #3157
Duke89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Duke89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Killer I hate to break the new to you, these cars are 25 years old they are hard to find in good condition because they are OOOLLLDDDD not because people like to trash them. Yea trashed cars come up for sale cause people are still willing to buy them trashed. And people of the world don't go around saying "those 240sx drivers trash their cars" it's "those import drivers" we all get lumped together in the eyes of the world.
Duke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:13 AM   #3158
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
I'm away for the weekend and I missed all this? Glad my new two-tone is sitting in a garage collecting dust! My daily two-tone is far from perfect, and I do not like it that way, but it's what I've got to deal with for now.

My daily :

souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #3159
cdvr-s13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapowered240sx View Post
Knew i'd piss somebody off lol
So you're just trolling then?

I'm not saying to get it out of here because it looks to be a $500 car. What I'm getting at is that your car has about as much relevance here as it would in the S14 Zenki thread. It's not even a coupe, let alone a two tone.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #3160
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
When your opinion is 'it's a pile of shit' nine times out of ten, people stop listening. Your opinion is just that - your opinion. When you come off as a douche bag in every thread and post stupid sny and sarcastic, peoples boners go flaccid. This isn't the first thread I've seen you get demolished in for making stupid statements. Just saying.

If you don't have something nice or productive to say [willing the car isn't cut in half, on fire, or covered in literal shit], just let it slide. Be the bigger man. More respect will follow.
You're telling me to be the bigger man when you had someone's property for over a year and YOUR WIFE had to clean up your mess because you're a no good thief? As far as I'm concerned your input is forever invalid.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #3161
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Uhhhhhhhh....wut? lol. twisted's car looks bad-ass, but if I had to pick a car to drive or buy or win in a silent auction, I'm taking Killer's ALL DAY. I'll admit, he does come off as quite the elitist and maybe there's some truth that nobody will every see through the douche, but c'mon. LESBI honest. Which canvas would you rather start on? I think twisted would be my buddy who's car I'm always working on and love driving and posting on instagram and stuff, but killer's car would be the old man down the street who doesn't like kids on his grass whom I'm hoping will die soon so I can pick up his car from his muffin top daughter with a nice personality and glasses. lol.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #3162
Duke89
Zilvia Junkie

^^^^ your rear tire looks like it showing a lot of wires lol
Old 08-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #3163
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
yeah shredded it pretty good. Finally blew on the next run out on the track.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #3164
username
Zilvia Member

username is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey now drift/track cars dont all have to be smashed up. But I apparently ruined mine by getting rid of my rb25....

username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #3165
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

^ Seen this car a couple times at the track. It looks great and has all the power to back it up. It's not hard to have a decent looking track car, but no one wants to put in any effort. It's easier/cheaper to drive a smashed up ziptied rusted out car than to address all of the those issues. And that's the attitude that keeps these cars running into walls and light posts.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #3166
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
You're telling me to be the bigger man when you had someone's property for over a year and YOUR WIFE had to clean up your mess because you're a no good thief? As far as I'm concerned your input is forever invalid.
I was waiting for that. The only ammunition you have. If I 'STOLE' wheels, why am I not in jail? Why am I not banned? Because HE fucked up on his end of the TRADE. Shut your mouth, kid. Go wash and wax your dope S13.5 and put some new mud tires on your ZOMGZJDMFRE$$$H two-tone.

Quote:
^ Seen this car a couple times at the track. It looks great and has all the power to back it up. It's not hard to have a decent looking track car, but no one wants to put in any effort. It's easier/cheaper to drive a smashed up ziptied rusted out car than to address all of the those issues. And that's the attitude that keeps these cars running into walls and light posts.
How do you put in effort making a track car look dope? What happens if you tap a wall or get door tapped? Clearly not enough effort avoiding those things on the drivers part. And why didn't you flame the fuck out of him because he's V8'd? Lullllllz

I can't get enough of this kid.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #3167
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
I was waiting for that. The only ammunition you have. If I 'STOLE' wheels, why am I not in jail? Why am I not banned? Because HE fucked up on his end of the TRADE. Shut your mouth, kid. Go wash and wax your dope S13.5 and put some new mud tires on your ZOMGZJDMFRE$$$H two-tone.

How do you put in effort making a track car look dope? What happens if you tap a wall or get door tapped? Clearly not enough effort avoiding those things on the drivers part. And why didn't you flame the fuck out of him because he's V8'd? Lullllllz

I can't get enough of this kid.
You're not in jail because your WIFE covered your ass. It's all in that thread for anyone to read so I won't go any further.

If you cause damage on your vehicle at the track then it needs to be fixed accordingly. You don't go, "Oh well time to thrash it into oblivion!". Usually this is what happens when someone smashes in a quarter panel, they just keep it like that and continue drifting versus getting it fixed proper. Oh and don't forget the infinite amount of zipties, band-aid vinyls, and sharpie marker designs with quotes like "OOPS!"
Old 08-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #3168
twisted_240
Zilvia Member

twisted_240 has a spectacular aura abouttwisted_240 has a spectacular aura abouttwisted_240 has a spectacular aura abouttwisted_240 has a spectacular aura abouttwisted_240 has a spectacular aura abouttwisted_240 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
you have a very narrow minded view on life.

i dont purposefully smash my car, and it hasnt seen a wall in a couple years.
it isnt a 'shit missle'. i dont understand that concept.
i simply drive my car on a track that isnt an open parking lot. getting close to friends and have an EXCITING time driving is WAY more interesting to me than drawing in the lines and worrying the whole time if im going to scratch my paint.

expand your mind man. i take pride in my car, but i feel its pointless to fix every little COSMETIC part on my car after every event, that seems ridiculous. i look after everything else on the car and repair and fix and upgrade the parts when necessary.

im not even sure why youre arguing with people about THEIR points of views on an automobile. i agree that a classic car thats all original and looked after shouldnt be used for racing, but a car that is cheap and fun to drive is another ball game entirely.

respect should be placed with the driver and THEIR passion for THEIR car and doing what THEY want to do with it. Paying a shop to do every little thing to your car and then passing it off as your own work seems ridiculous to me (im not implying you here, i know nothing of your car and what youve done)
Old 08-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #3169
twisted_240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post

this looks like a nice car, good work dude!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #3170
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
You're not in jail because your WIFE covered your ass. It's all in that thread for anyone to read so I won't go any further.
Jail how? Evidence? Maybe the texts of him saying he couldn't come get the car? Oh. That's right. That's my fault he wanted to change the deal. You know nothing. You may as well get assless chaps because you seem to want to sit in my lap quite often. You must know my family tree.

At least my wife wouldn't S15 front a hatch. Your taste in cars is on par with Andrew Zimmerman.

You mad, kid. You mad!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #3171
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
coming to breakup all you girls to say

I'M BACK.

hopefully going to be able to resist the urge to drift this thing and bring it back to showroom-ish quality.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #3172
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
coming to breakup all you girls to say

I'M BACK.
oh shit im excited!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #3173
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted_240 View Post

i simply drive my car on a track that isnt an open parking lot. getting close to friends and have an EXCITING time driving is WAY more interesting to me than drawing in the lines and worrying the whole time if im going to scratch my paint.

expand your mind man. i take pride in my car, but i feel its pointless to fix every little COSMETIC part on my car after every event, that seems ridiculous. i look after everything else on the car and repair and fix and upgrade the parts when necessary.

im not even sure why youre arguing with people about THEIR points of views on an automobile. i agree that a classic car thats all original and looked after shouldnt be used for racing, but a car that is cheap and fun to drive is another ball game entirely.

respect should be placed with the driver and THEIR passion for THEIR car and doing what THEY want to do with it. Paying a shop to do every little thing to your car and then passing it off as your own work seems ridiculous to me (im not implying you here, i know nothing of your car and what youve done)
Killer, listen to this guy because every word he said is true.

Now all of you just shuuuuut up. Please. This thread is full of bitching now.

Oh look another Two Tone being drifted:
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #3174
cdvr-s13
Leaky Injector

I guess this comes down to what the word preservation means.

But, the problem is that the word can apply in more than one way. You can "preserve" the original paint scheme without paying attention to the straightness of the body, or you can "preserve" the car by making sure that it's in good shape inside and out. My personal feeling is that this thread is about the latter, but it isn't my thread and I don't set the rules, so I don't see the point in trying to enforce my perception.

Last edited by cdvr-s13; 08-20-2013 at 08:13 AM..
cdvr-s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #3175
Duke89
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Love this car! Had it on my phone home screen for awhile now. Car has a 1jz in it.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #3176
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

The most recent shot of my other two-tone. This one will be staying in the garage for a while.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #3177
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted_240 View Post

Yes I understand you want to have all the fun and want none of the hard work and effort it takes to keep a clean car. It would probably cost at least $3000 to fix all the damage your vehicle has sustained. I mean who has the time and money to fix that right? Whats awesome about people like you is 10 years from now you won't even own this car, so why are you arguing?

If you drive your car on the track and drift frequently, then financially you need to prepare for the worst. Tapping your car into walls, letting your rear quarter panels rust out, and then buying expensive wheels and coilovers is moronic at best.

But you don't need to explain yourself any further, I understand you are looking for cheap fun with little to no effort involved. Your car would probably be more fitting if it had XXR's or Rotas on it though.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #3178
sweet89s13
Zilvia Member

sweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura about
ive been slowly reading this thread and as posts go on the clean "preserved" two tones are getting beat/enjoyed which everyone has their right to thier own car, however this is the preservation thread if you can't get past that word then imo dont post here. post in the gen pic thread. keep this for what it is supposed to mean.

and as far as bickering asshats, keep that shit to yourselves. this thread is half your guys bullshit bickering. go fuck eachother in an alley and get it over with.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yOo9ZivE51...blog%20010.JPG
a link to one of my favorites
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #3179
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet89s13 View Post
ive been slowly reading this thread and as posts go on the clean "preserved" two tones are getting beat/enjoyed which everyone has their right to thier own car, however this is the preservation thread if you can't get past that word then imo dont post here. post in the gen pic thread. keep this for what it is supposed to mean.

and as far as bickering asshats, keep that shit to yourselves. this thread is half your guys bullshit bickering. go fuck eachother in an alley and get it over with.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yOo9ZivE51...blog%20010.JPG

a link to one of my favorites

HAHA!

You up in P-Dam sweet89s13? Many 240sx up there?
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #3180
206sx
Leaky Injector

206sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd rather not see people drift their two tones and damage it but whatever. Mines is my daily driver.

206sx is offline   Reply With Quote