Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Central States

North Central States Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
Eikon

Trader Rating: (0)
Eikon will become famous soon enoughEikon will become famous soon enoughEikon will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wisconsin Nissan and Import Meet, 9-20-08 Fond du Lac, WI.

Who's invited:
Our primary target are Nissan owners from the state of Wisconsin. However, it will be open to everyone. I'd consider it to be an invitational meet. We'll start with Nissan owners and allow them to invite their friends as well. The Green Bay contingency will probably include a few 240's, an MKIV Supra turbo, a Skyline R33 GTR, an 800+ hp RB26 powered FD RX-7, a 600 hp Rotary FD RX7, a 400 hp turbo civic, a civic that needs a parachute, and a 2JZ turbo powered celica supra.
We're also going to make a play to get a group of Wisconsin Supra owners to meet with us as well.

We've chosen Fond du Lac as our meeting place due to it's central location in the state of Wisconsin.
Madison (72.5 Miles 1Hr 27min)
Milwaukee (67 Miles 1hr 13min)
Green Bay (74 Miles 1hr 23min)
Chicago (154 Miles 2hrs 46min)
La Crosse (168 Miles 3hrs 14min)

We selected Lakeside Park as our site.
Here's a big shot of the City of Fond du Lac.

Here's a close up of the park.

Assuming we get a good response to the idea, we'll reserve the large shelter to the left of the parking lot. That lot should park 65+ cars so we should be in good shape for space.

Details:
I've listed 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM as a general time frame. But it's certainly completely open to whatever anyone would like to do. I don't know the park hours, but I imagine it's at least open til dusk. So people can stay as long as they like.

Food:
Due to city regulations, our posters will not have formal plans for food. Each person can bring their own food and drink, or organize with their friends to do so. We plan to organize a run to a grocery store for burgers and brats and then grill out, and we'll have people chip in for that on location. We just don't want to advertise that so that we can avoid having to get a city permit for selling food.

Activities:
This is going to be very informal. No sponsors, no admission, no raffle, etc... Just a chance to relax and chill out and meet some other Wisconsin import owners. I'm hoping we'll have someone with some nice camera equipment and some photography skills to act as our photographer for the day. Other than that, we'll just check out each others cars, sit back, relax and enjoy.

Rules:
Common sense folks! I'm sure I don't have to say this, but I will anyway. Please don't street race in Fond du Lac on the way into the park. Please don't horse around and do huge burnouts in the parking lot. If your car is not safe or street legal, please make arrangements to trailer it to the location. If you drink, please don't drive home. We don't want anyone getting hurt, or getting in trouble, or causing the local authorities to ask us to leave.

Park rules state that we cannot reserve the parking space. We've checked the calender for the park that day and there are no softball or other formal activities planned, so the park should be rather quiet. Still, we cannot promise parking space in the main area. It is open to the public on a first come first served basis. To ensure you get to park your car in the main parking lot near everyone else, please plan to arrive as early as possible.

For more information:
Please respond to this thread with any questions, concerns, etc.. If you want to contact me directly, please do.. eikond (at) gmail.com
Feel free to spread the word to other friends and import owners, but let's not spam the whole world. We're looking for quality and not quantity. Bring your friends or people who have cool cars!

I'll have a PDF version of the flyer available for distribution tomorrow, so if anyone wants a copy, please let me know.

I've posted a mirror thread on nicoclub.
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=353382
Thanks all!
Eikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #2
sil80dreamer
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
sil80dreamer is just really nicesil80dreamer is just really nicesil80dreamer is just really nicesil80dreamer is just really nicesil80dreamer is just really nicesil80dreamer is just really nicesil80dreamer is just really nicesil80dreamer is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds fun. I'll be there
Old 07-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I might try and make this. You should post this on my forums. It's a local WI forum with a lot of 240 and RWD guys.

panachedriver.com
Old 07-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
Eikon

Eikon will become famous soon enoughEikon will become famous soon enoughEikon will become famous soon enough
It would be great if you can make it.

I'm actually starting to worry that the parking lot in the park we've chosen isn't going to be big enough.

We're looking into backup plans now.

It's going to be a blast!!!

I'll check out your forum as well and post it up there.
Thanks
Old 08-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #5
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
wooot! can't wait
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
Eikon

Bump.. just over 2 weeks away from the meet. Hoping for nice weather!!!

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Hope we'll see a nice turn-out there.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #7
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Should be a good time!
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #8
Eikon

One final Bump prior to the meet.

Tomorrow is the big day. The weather forecast looks awesome!!! Should be a great day. I'll post some pics from the meet sometime afterwards to make everyone who didn't show up jealous.