Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #151
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
AXED: Test mule is for the new 350z not an S-Chassis
Well according to Edmunds. What they said makes sense.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=121266
Old 06-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #152
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
That does make sense....as a 370Z is bound to hit the markets, so we should expect to see a prototype floating around.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #153
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I knew it was too good to be true...think nissan makes enough money off the Z33, no need to make something cheaper that will only take sales away from the base model Z33s. Best bet for a sub $25k RWD sports coupe would be a last year base Z33 that didnt get sold...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #154
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn. Well it's still nothing more then speculation. We'll know for sure by Jan. though. I'd expect to see the new Z or a new RWD Nissan at the NAIAS.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:25 AM   #155
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
ehh Autoblog is also reporting that it might be the new Supra (FT-HS)

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/18/i...ta-ft-hs-mule/

*waits and see*
Old 06-19-2007, 07:58 AM   #156
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ves View Post

*waits and see*
Yea, I saw that. At this point I think everyone is more confused then more informed.

We're damn near back to square one. We really don't know shit and everything is back to speculation.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 PM   #157
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kn1ves View Post

*waits and see*
That can't be true....since that mule was spotted at Nissan's garage and surrounded by Nissan vehicles. I'm pretty sure Nissan wouldn't allow Toyota to do that.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #158
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
im pretty sure that car is going to have that infiniti styling.. they wouldnt use a 350z chassis anything on it currently.. on a new vehicle... its gonna be a totally new chassis...i wonder what the powerplant is gonna be... hopefully something with turbo....
Old 07-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #159
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Not sure how believable this source is, but supposedly it's the new Z?

Also look at this, an AE86 successor?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #160
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
I hope those AE86 renders aren't from toyota, the black bumpers look like crap. Just makes it look like it was recently in an accident and the owner was too broke to get it painted.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #161
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Not sure how believable this source is, but supposedly it's the new Z?

Also look at this, an AE86 successor?
First one of the Z is the one we've been discussing recently.

The second one of the 86 is new to me. Those renderings are just that, renderings. They probably aren't from Toyota, more then likely from a Magazine. Man I hate the pushed forward A-Pillars.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #162
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
First one of the Z is the one we've been discussing recently.

The second one of the 86 is new to me. Those renderings are just that, renderings. They probably aren't from Toyota, more then likely from a Magazine. Man I hate the pushed forward A-Pillars.
The renderings are from Best Car, a japanese magazine known for its accurate stories and very inaccurate renderings.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #163
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
The renderings are from Best Car, a japanese magazine known for its accurate stories and very inaccurate renderings.
Just as I suspected.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:55 PM   #164
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

bamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitexsound View Post
im pretty sure that car is going to have that infiniti styling.. they wouldnt use a 350z chassis anything on it currently.. on a new vehicle... its gonna be a totally new chassis...i wonder what the powerplant is gonna be... hopefully something with turbo....
I highly doubt that we will see anything from Nissan with factory turbos, seeing as they aren't currently using them on any other applications and the VQ is doing extremely well without it.

Quote:
Right now you are my biggest fan. You are to me what a sex tape is to Paris Hilton, not the best publicity in the world, but at least I'm on people's mind and it has something to do with a pussy!!! HAAHAAAAAAA
bamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:07 AM   #165
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
The GTR is coming with stock twins, so I don't see why Nissan won't go back to using turbo/s

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:18 AM   #166
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
The GTR is coming with stock twins, so I don't see why Nissan won't go back to using turbo/s

Because its expensive? Whats the point of slapping a turbo on engines when the NA VQs are already hitting 300hp? Its not really practical to slap turbos on the 4 bangers since that will drive up the cost of the car.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #167
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

So I got to thinking last night about all these RWD cars in development. One car we haven't mentioned which would be kinda cool...How about a new Starion!? Minus the Chysler version though.

Obviously Mitsu is in no shape to produce a car like this, but it's a nice thought. IIRC Hyundai and Mitsu have partnered up on cars in the past. And since we know Hyundai is developing a chassis right now that could be a way for them to divvy up the cost ie make it cheaper for them.

I'd like to see something with the Starion style fenders!

Anyway, just some food for thought.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #168
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
that kabura looks pretty ugly.

i dont understand why everyone is so uppedy. want a RWD car? buy a used one. yeah, they're all fairly expensive.. which is why 240s are cheap.

either way, you gotta pay to play. making a RWD car CHEAP isnt economical or profitable, which is why scions exist. its as simple as that.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #169
Enjin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Enjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enjin Send a message via Yahoo to Enjin
I think that the entry level, i.e. cheap, f/r cars are a horrible idea.

think about this: the majority of the s13/s14 enthusiasts are BROKE.

we cant afford a new car... and if we could, we could not afford the insurance.

Who is going to drop 20k on a new car, mod it, AND pay the insurance?

for that money, Im sure most people in our group would probably just take a pristine s13 shell, about 1k, throw an ls1 in it, completely redo all of the joints, bushings, etc, and just roll on a baller, $10k at most build, and pay minimal insurance.

thats just the way we are.

the niche for the newer, cheaper, f/r cars will not come until they are affordable, both insurance and initial purchase price... maybe 5 or 10 years after the production year.

1991 Nissan 240sx

www.tractionoptional.com

Enjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #170
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjin View Post

for that money, Im sure most people in our group would probably just take a pristine s13 shell, about 1k, throw an ls1 in it, completely redo all of the joints, bushings, etc, and just roll on a baller, $10k at most build, and pay minimal insurance.

the niche for the newer, cheaper, f/r cars will not come until they are affordable, both insurance and initial purchase price... maybe 5 or 10 years after the production year.
You are correct in the sense that most YOUNGER 240 owners are broke. Most of us older guys...are not. There are quit a few of us older guys are waiting patiently for these cars to arrive.

Also, look at how many MS 3's, TC's, Sky's, Solstice's, they are selling right now in the $25k price range to the same demographic. Obviously the TC is on the lower end of that and is FWD (as is the 3), but really it's the same buyer.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:20 PM   #171
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:

Why would cheap FR cars be a horrible idea? That's like saying your S13 should've never been made. Maybe they're not as marketable and don't sell in boatloads like cheap economy sedans when they're new, but they're also not produced in such great numbers, and if the company knows what it's doing, the car will find a fan base and it'll sell well.

Most of the non-enthusiast general public buys new cars based on price, looks, and features that most of us don't care about. If you asked random people on the street, half of them wouldn't be able to tell if you if their car is FWD or RWD. As long as the car appeals to people, people will buy it. If you can't afford one new, you can always buy a used one later on.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #172
Enjin
Zilvia Junkie

Enjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enoughEnjin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
You are correct in the sense that most YOUNGER 240 owners are broke. Most of us older guys...are not. There are quit a few of us older guys are waiting patiently for these cars to arrive.

Also, look at how many MS 3's, TC's, Sky's, Solstice's, they are selling right now in the $25k price range to the same demographic. Obviously the TC is on the lower end of that and is FWD (as is the 3), but really it's the same buyer.
maybe Im just seeing my local scene.

I live in memphis. the income is relatively low compared to other areas of the country. so the cars really arent as nice.

everyone here that has a 240 has money problems. Im dead serious haha.

no one that I know here in this town has really PAID for their ms3. tc. sky, solstice, whatever. If someone has one of those cars, their dad paid for it, they wont let them MOD IT OUT sic tight style.

then the people that graduate school or whatever... they have a house to pay for, other bills to pay... I think once you graduate, youve pretty muched moved on from the whole 240 thing, and dont want to buy a newer car to mod, because your focus has changed.

THEN, once you are financially stable, paid off a house and a daily driver car, THEN YOUVE GOT FREAKN KIDS you have to supply all their CRAP!

so in the end... I think Im going to be like 40 and have the choice of restoring an s13 and my son calling me a lame hotrodder or something, and buying a porsche 1002 that runs on freaken water and calling it a day.

small niche, still, in my opinion.

1991 Nissan 240sx

www.tractionoptional.com

Old 07-10-2007, 10:49 PM   #173
Enjin
Zilvia Junkie

and Im just playing devils advocate... I would really love to see it

1991 Nissan 240sx

www.tractionoptional.com

Old 07-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #174
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Well whats funny is that most of us who tunes cars wouldnt buy a brand new car. Most of us are 2nd, 3rd, maybe even 4th owner of cars we modify. Why would I wanna buy a brand new car to modify and pay the price tag on it and risk blowing the warranty on it? Ill wait for a car thats older since im changing suspension, modify/rebuild the engine, change body (repaint/bodykit) on it.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:15 AM   #175
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
^^agree'd with ray

clean body is what most of us look for, not having car payments is probably the only other thing that we love.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:42 AM   #176
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Well, I COULD buy a new car. Even if i wanted to modify it (besides wheels), modifications that matter dont come out for awhile...
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:03 AM   #177
splicer

splicer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
maybe Im just seeing my local scene.

I live in memphis. the income is relatively low compared to other areas of the country. so the cars really arent as nice.

everyone here that has a 240 has money problems. Im dead serious haha.

no one that I know here in this town has really PAID for their ms3. tc. sky, solstice, whatever. If someone has one of those cars, their dad paid for it, they wont let them MOD IT OUT sic tight style.

then the people that graduate school or whatever... they have a house to pay for, other bills to pay... I think once you graduate, youve pretty muched moved on from the whole 240 thing, and dont want to buy a newer car to mod, because your focus has changed.

THEN, once you are financially stable, paid off a house and a daily driver car, THEN YOUVE GOT FREAKN KIDS you have to supply all their CRAP!

so in the end... I think Im going to be like 40 and have the choice of restoring an s13 and my son calling me a lame hotrodder or something, and buying a porsche 1002 that runs on freaken water and calling it a day.

small niche, still, in my opinion.
I wouldn't buy a new car right now because their's nothing I like. The 350z is too much, and the EVO and Sti are AWD. If there was a new 240sx I'd def buy it. Right now I have 2 240sxs, it's not cause I'm broke or because I'm young, it's because I love the S chassis. Why would you grow out of a 240sx? That just means YOU were going through a phase...have you seen how many WRXs and EVOs there are on the road? A new 240sx WOULD sell...I just hope IF it comes out, the wheel base isn't too short=bad for drifting. Look at the stubby 300zx, those things are terrible drift cars!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 AM   #178
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
.I just hope IF it comes out, the wheel base isn't too short=bad for drifting. Look at the stubby 300zx, those things are terrible drift cars!
Well if it's based off of the Urge concept that was made on a shortened 350z platform. I wanna say it was like 4" shorter, so not much.

I would buy a new car and mod it. I've already done it with two other cars. Granted those two cars sucked, but at that time there wasn't really any cool new cars like there is now.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:39 AM   #179
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

I'd honestly buy a 350Z or G35 coupe. Im at that point right now that wrenching sucks, I can live without it. I dont come back stateside for atleast 4 yrs, I can see Z's being dirt cheap by then. When i left, Ive found some for roughly $15k for 03s. 4 Years from now, we'd probably be swapping in GTR engines or VQ37DEs

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 03:53 PM   #180
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

New spy shots of the Hyundai RWD coupe. I like the window's and C-pillar. It doesn't look extremely fat like a lof of cars today. The over-all profile doesn't look too bad. Beggers can't be choosers right?

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/hyund...ots-ii/314610/