Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #31
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
dudewutup is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The guy im buying my mount kit from is selling me the upper, lower, and y33 mounts. Just confirming will those work?

Guess I can't call it a 240....
dudewutup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #32
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
I dunno about that. it would be sick if it was just a drop in with Y33 mounts to a stock 240sx cross member. do is the mount kit new engine brackets and transmission crossmember? McKinney makes a good kit just FYI
Old 04-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #33
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

Its actually a custom crossmember trans mount and shifter bracket. I saw the mckeny kit the other day. But I've commuted to buying this one. Its just one of the things about me, if I find something cheaper and I commit to buy tue same thing from someone else im not going to go under them just to save a few bucks.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #34
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

No huge vq related updates im going to try to stick to just that. At the same time I can't leave you hanging.

I removed the dirty seats, beat up dash, and carpet. Ran the wires for my system and battery relocation.

Stay tuned for more.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #35
spent27
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
spent27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Engine mounts and tranny mounts are easy to fab... the shifter relocater is a little trickier... I would be Austins shifter relocater if I could do it all over again... vq240z.com or something like that.

If you need an ECU, LMK, I have an extra left over from my swap. 04 6speed base. Will sell it to you for 100$ + ship, which exactly what I paid for it.

Will also be glad to offer any help with wiring. I used reflashed ECU with modified stock wiring.
spent27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #36
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

update!! parts in yesterday, anyone have any idea how much of a restriction the stock mas is?

i think i'm gonna go with something a little bigger.....

and the headers.

Last edited by dudewutup; 05-16-2011 at 06:09 PM..
Old 04-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #37
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

ebay headers turnd out to be ebay headaches.... i have to enlarge the holes to make them clear.... the swap however is moving on. i am playing around with wiring tonight. any tips?

03 vq35 right.......95obdi s14 left.

i have pinouts for the ecu's but i also want my body to work... id better take some ibuprofen now.

feel free to help out

Last edited by dudewutup; 05-16-2011 at 06:10 PM..
Old 04-13-2011, 02:15 AM   #38
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
if you are going to have a flashed ecu, you will need only the gas pedal plug, and the OBDII plug from the 350z dash harness, and the F8, and the wiper plug from the s14 harness.

once you have those plugs, and the pinouts it shouldn't be that bad

ALSO, the stock maf is pretty good, so there isn't really a need to upgrade it at all
Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #39
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
dorrifto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
if you are going to have a flashed ecu, you will need only the gas pedal plug, and the OBDII plug from the 350z dash harness, and the F8, and the wiper plug from the s14 harness.

once you have those plugs, and the pinouts it shouldn't be that bad

ALSO, the stock maf is pretty good, so there isn't really a need to upgrade it at all
+1

and also, dont expect your guages to work. you can wire in your tack, but as for the speedo... that is a lil tricky. can always modify an ABS sensor to send a signal to your speedo. that is how i am doing it. i have the J30 diff with the ABS sensor so im putting it to use.
dorrifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #40
irax
Post Whore!

yeah, you are going to need to put in a 1 wire 240sx coolant temp sensor some where for the water temp to work. which means you are going to need that plug off your harness as well.
for the tachometer to work you can either adjust the voltage impute like they do with rb swaps, or you can get a dakota digital tach signal converter.
for the speed signal you get the J30 diff and the dakota digital abs->speed signal converter
it HAS to be an abs diff with a signal on the nose cone. or the impute shaft
Old 04-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #41
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

My car already has abs so do I still need the diff? How about all my inside lights ect ect. This is my first time going this deep in a harness.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #42
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

Also I plan on using the dekota digital spedo adapter. I've already ordered a 3.5" maf housing and pipeing so im just gonna use it lol.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #43
irax
Post Whore!

if your car has an abs sensor on the output shaft to the axles you can use that, but other people have had great success using the J30 diff and the nose cone sensor.

also, wait to put on the maf housing till you can get it dyno tuned, otherwise it won't work as well.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #44
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

updates i got more stuff in today, i like to think usps, ups, and fed ex race to my house. here is the maf housing and intake pipe im useing. 3.5" im going to be doing a flash tune from uprev. so ill mention the 3.5" to them as well.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #45
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

SWAP RELATED UPDATE!!

finally getting around to hacking up my harness. so far i removed the f4 and abs related end of my harness. id recommend just trying to get a s14 without abs this has been one of my biggest concerns.

here is what i have for the night.

im useing this guide as a guidline for the f4 plug:
http://media.sxoc.com/contributors/s...S14_Jan_10.pdf

Last edited by dudewutup; 05-16-2011 at 06:12 PM..
Old 04-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #46
spent27
Leaky Injector

3.5" intake manifold into a 3" intake? Seems counter intuitive to me... and it will also throw the maf out of wack...

And your engine harness should have little to do with your body accessories working... Start with the circuit diagram in the EC section and highlight any sensor that needs power supplied. Then, find a DTC related to that sensor to find wiring diagram and where to pick up wires. You shouldn't have to hack up the vq harness at all, just splice into the connectors (3 or 4?) near the ECM.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #47
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

Yea the fact that I cut into it today put it alot more into perspective than I thought. But I have to get a flash tune anyway witch will lead to a dynotune in the near future I just figured id add that I have all the mods that I have done for the flash tune.

After seeing how the abs works has me alot more confident in this swap as well. I just need to do like you said and take it one plug at a time

Old 05-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #48
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

huge update!

my mount kit is officially ordered! hopefully it will be in this week. im now in the middle of wiring up my stuff.

EXPECT A FULL WRIGHTUP ive looked around too much and i think its rediculous that places charge $900+ just to wire a few things up. consider this to be my gift for advancing the platform.

Last edited by dudewutup; 05-16-2011 at 06:12 PM..
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #49
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewutup View Post
huge update!

my mount kit is officially ordered! hopefully it will be in this week. im now in the middle of wiring up my stuff.

EXPECT A FULL WRIGHTUP ive looked around too much and i think its rediculous that places charge $900+ just to wire a few things up. consider this to be my gift for advancing the platform.

finally some one willing to give out the info
Old 05-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #50
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

Quote:
finally some one willing to give out the info
im more than willing, poor boys like me cant afford that and want a cool car. so im going to help any way i can.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #51
irax
Post Whore!

03 and obdi 95.... i think you info will help me out greatly *EVIL GRIN*
Old 05-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #52
eZiR- rps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
eZiR- rps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Thanks.... For the much needed info
eZiR- rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #53
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

Quote:
03 and obdi 95.... i think you info will help me out greatly *EVIL GRIN*
were doing the same swap lol. no worries more info to come
Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #54
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

Well guys I've been on it about 4 hours and I've gotten everything labled! Ill be soldering everything and making a writeup Wendsday

Old 05-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #55
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
dorrifto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewutup View Post
huge update!

the actual wiring job is actually only about 400. the other 500 goes to uprev tuning and nats removal. and if you go to their web page, you will see that it is indeed $500.
dorrifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #56
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrifto View Post
the actual wiring job is actually only about 400. the other 500 goes to uprev tuning and nats removal. and if you go to their web page, you will see that it is indeed $500.
still i could see spending $400 on a custom harness... but if im sending them something that i can do my self its a bit of a kick in the ass. i really couldn't see spending more than $200 for a service that i can do myself. i spent months trying to find a way to wire this up and its like a big secret. i can look up swapping any other motor into the s14 chassis and find a full wright up. so i guess its just my turn to help out.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #57
irax
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrifto View Post
I paid $300 for the ecu service, and yeah considering its like 12 wires all together you are paying like $33 bucks a wire, or if it takes the shop half and hour then you are paying $800 an hour to wire it up...
Old 05-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #58
spent27
Leaky Injector

I'm glad to hear someone is going to do I write up on the wiring... I've threatend to several times but as easy as it may be, to do a proper write up will take time... I didnt want to half ass it..

You could also save money making mounts... I spent ~30$ on steel to fab my tranny/engine mounts. Tools will costs you though if you don't have what you need... welder, bandsaw, and drill press and you're set. Shoot, with the cost of mounts, you spend alittle more and cover the costs of tools...

Now man up and try something challenging
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/38250...ml#post4025770
Old 05-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #59
dudewutup
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spent27 View Post
I'm glad to hear someone is going to do I write up on the wiring... I've threatend to several times but as easy as it may be, to do a proper write up will take time... I didnt want to half ass it..

You could also save money making mounts... I spent ~30$ on steel to fab my tranny/engine mounts. Tools will costs you though if you don't have what you need... welder, bandsaw, and drill press and you're set.

Now man up and try something challenging
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/38250...ml#post4025770

That is a challenge that's why I picked the 03 engine and ecu lol. I just wish I had something to go by. I may get you to proof read my rough draft when I get done incase I made any errors haha. Would you be interested in that?

Old 05-04-2011, 03:44 AM   #60
irax
Post Whore!

thats why I asked if I could test it first ;-) if I can't follow it.. then you would def need to rewrite it LOL!