Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-23-2017, 06:56 AM   #721
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
So the one thing was the massive amounts of overlap of the n1 vs p12. Something like double the amount so we will see.

So far VET cams should (on paper) be the hot ticket if this is the case (low overlap) but real world testing has somewhat shown otherwise

However as yourself, I am looking for midrange and his low boost numbers would align more with what I intend to run on the VET/7163 hence why I'm going with the N1. At 20psi or so the back pressure shouldn't be more than 1.1-1.2 or so :1

In all honesty, I expect the VET cams to perform better for my 20-25psi/7163/stock unported/3 angle valve job head to perform the best for my goals.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2017, 07:11 AM   #722
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (15)
speedingmofa is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Awhile back people have been wondering how the stock sr20ve plenum can be flipped and welded... Well, i finally found someone who's done it:

No, it won't any beauty contests, but it seems to work and is making almost 500hp.
I thought the ports lined up like shit, but it seems to work for him!

About the cams, can someone break down what are the pros/cons (strength low/mid/top range) of each OEM cam (20ve, 16ve, N1, 20V and 20VET)?
I found this info awhile ago by Coheed, not sure if anyone's verified his claims:

"I've had good luck with the SR20VET cams. They have a strong powerband that starts to level out around 6500rpm or so, and holds pretty flat to redline. I made 440whp on 24psi with a log manifold and VET cams.

If you are running a log, don't use the stock cams. VET cams are your friend.

If you are tubular and want power under 8500rpm, look at SR20VE cams.

If you are tubular and want power up to 9500rpm or so, pick SR16VE cams.

Use N1 cams for crazy builds utilizing GT4294R+ turbos and 10,000rpm+ powerbands.

The 20V cams I would expect to fall in somewhere in the SR16VE area, and be good for top end power. But I would expect them to make a lot more mid-range than the SR16VE cams."
Old 05-23-2017, 12:37 PM   #723
600supersport
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
600supersport is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The Sr20/Sr22vet thread

Anyone actually shared EBP logs on these relatively similar setups before or are we just guessing off someone's log manifold and god knows what else?

Most now have a free flowing, 3" or bigger exhaust (probably catless), .73ar or bigger turbine housing and tubular manifold. Would this still be THAT much EBP on roughly a 35R sized turbine wheel or am I just wrong too?
600supersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #724
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600supersport View Post
Anyone actually shared EBP logs on these relatively similar setups before or are we just guessing off someone's log manifold and god knows what else?

Most now have a free flowing, 3" or bigger exhaust (probably catless), .73ar or bigger turbine housing and tubular manifold. Would this still be THAT much EBP on roughly a 35R sized turbine wheel or am I just wrong too?

Go ask BW (seriously). They have a the matchbot which has a majority of this already recorded
Old 05-23-2017, 03:08 PM   #725
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Matchbot calculates about 40psi of backpressure at ~8k for my SR20VE with a 7163 FYI.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:06 AM   #726
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey guys, I have multiple sets of Kelford VE cams on the shelf ready to ship, call or email and mention Zilvia and I'll knock 5% off your order!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:58 PM   #727
Will.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Will. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey Guys,

I'll be travelling from Australia to the US next week for EDC LV and staying around SF & LA the first two weeks. I'm also about to start my VE build and i was wondering if it was easy to obtain VE parts from Supertech or Mazworx, how long would it take to get parts shipped over to my hotel?
Old 05-26-2017, 03:06 PM   #728
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Hey guys, I have multiple sets of Kelford VE cams on the shelf ready to ship, call or email and mention Zilvia and I'll knock 5% off your order!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
Hey Guys,

I'll be travelling from Australia to the US next week for EDC LV and staying around SF & LA the first two weeks. I'm also about to start my VE build and i was wondering if it was easy to obtain VE parts from Supertech or Mazworx, how long would it take to get parts shipped over to my hotel?
send a PM to Hanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:52 PM   #729
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Hey Guys,

It depends heavily on what you're in need of. We have a lot of stuff on the shelf but if it's time sensitive always shoot us an email to confirm availability
Old 05-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #730
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Hey Guys,

I regularly stock Supertech & can get you the stuff you need no problem. PM sent!

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:13 PM   #731
Will.
Leaky Injector

Thanks mate, i will send a PM.

I'm looking to build my P11 Head for my S15,

aimming for 370kw/500HP, responsive~ planning to run a EFR turbo. It will be a dd car and also occasional track days/time attack circuit.

Just seeing what parts would suit the build. I will also plan on building the bottom end aswell.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:24 PM   #732
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If you run an ATI Damper, do you still have to machine off 5mm?
livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:28 PM   #733
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Quote:
Thanks mate, i will send a PM.

I'm looking to build my P11 Head for my S15,

aimming for 370kw/500HP, responsive~ planning to run a EFR turbo. It will be a dd car and also occasional track days/time attack circuit.

Just seeing what parts would suit the build. I will also plan on building the bottom end aswell.
sounds good looking forward to doing business with you mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovesole View Post
If you run an ATI Damper, do you still have to machine off 5mm?
yes you do.

Review Thread
Old 06-01-2017, 08:42 AM   #734
Will.
Leaky Injector

My P11 head I just picked up, the previous owner ended up going RB26 on their S15, I got the head for cheap, its been acid washed and all the standard parts including cams were given to me in a separate box, Also got given a cool SR16VE rocker cover.

Going to be flying into San Fran from Sydney tomorrow morning for my holiday so it'll be delaying my build but I get to explore the USA

Old 06-01-2017, 09:00 AM   #735
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Luckily the head is very easy to put back together

However, I sure hope the prior owner properly labeled all the shims and locations......
Old 06-01-2017, 10:42 AM   #736
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Luckily the head is very easy to put back together

However, I sure hope the prior owner properly labeled all the shims and locations......
If it's taken down that far, he'd have to go back through and redo all the shims anyway.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #737
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
If it's taken down that far, he'd have to go back through and redo all the shims anyway.

True. I should be more specific

I sure hope he labeled the entire valve train and corresponding location.

When I bagged and tagged the head items, a diagram was drawn up for engine location and every item was bagged and tagged and will be returning to exactly where it was removed from
Old 06-02-2017, 02:08 AM   #738
bardabe
Post Whore!

Hey guys am I the only one that thinks this thread belongs in the tech section by now?

Review Thread
Old 06-02-2017, 10:04 AM   #739
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
It's a discussion thread, not really a tech thread. I do think it needs to be stickied though.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:01 AM   #740
Will.
Leaky Injector

Everything's been tagged but I rather replace all them all with brand new components

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2017, 12:46 AM   #741
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
It's a discussion thread, not really a tech thread. I do think it needs to be stickied though.
I second this. This thread is getting more and more legit.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:48 PM   #742
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Hey guys we need someone with a VVL swap in an schassis preferably an S14 to come by and help with some product development. We have a new product that we need to test firewall clearance for.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:39 AM   #743
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Hey guys we need someone with a VVL swap in an schassis preferably an S14 to come by and help with some product development. We have a new product that we need to test firewall clearance for.
I have one, I'm 2+hrs southwest of yous. I wouldn't be able to get the car up there during the week days, but possibly on a Sat. Pm me and maybe we can work something out.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:58 PM   #744
Hyaboosta

Hyaboosta is an unknown quantity at this point
Is anyone running aem series 2? I was curious if the units that are designed for the sr20 have any issues controlling the vvl engagement.
Hyaboosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:27 AM   #745
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Kaisen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
The 7670 will be able to eeek out more peak numbers, but suffers everywhere else (unless you have a proper high comp and/or stroker/long rod engine to compensate).

The 7163 come in 0.80 twin scroll T4 housing and is good for a honest 500WHP.
The manifold that I've gotten from Full-Race was the one with 2 external waste gates.

https://www.full-race.com/store/borg...urbo-manifold/

I emailed them regarding 7163 and they said it doesn't come with the external waste gate housing. Oh well
Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:01 AM   #746
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyaboosta View Post
Is anyone running aem series 2? I was curious if the units that are designed for the sr20 have any issues controlling the vvl engagement.
It can control VVL.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:38 AM   #747
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisen View Post
The manifold that I've gotten from Full-Race was the one with 2 external waste gates.

https://www.full-race.com/store/borg...urbo-manifold/

I emailed them regarding 7163 and they said it doesn't come with the external waste gate housing. Oh well
Only the Indy turbos and the 0.85 V Band B1 frame housings are EWG.

Just install a vband block off cap on the manifold and run it. This wouldn't be the most efficient use of the manifold, but it will get you on the road.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #748
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
someone spilled the beans well not really, anyways, anyone used Porsche Cayenne coils. i head they pack a punch when used on KA-ts.

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #749
speedingmofa
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (15)
speedingmofa is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I suppose Cayenne coils are same as VW coils?

Here's my VW coil pack. Fits like a glove!
Old 06-13-2017, 09:45 AM   #750
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post
someone spilled the beans well not really, anyways, anyone used Porsche Cayenne coils. i head they pack a punch when used on KA-ts.
Why not just use Gixxer 750/1000 coils? They are less than 50 shipped for a set off ebay and are similar to the AEM pencil coils.