Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #1021
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
He is selling his vet setup, I believe he wants 13k.

Last I saw it was 15k. I already have every part I need, just want someone who knows what they’re doing to assemble it and do the minor necessary machine work
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2018, 08:50 PM   #1022
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
He wants 15k
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:33 AM   #1023
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
He wants 15k
Says 13 on his ig but ok.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #1024
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Says 13 on his ig but ok.
Who's selling, I want to see the motor?

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:33 AM   #1025
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
jp_14. On insta
Old 12-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #1026
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
noob question, sorry in advance for my ignorance.

My current setup (parts in hand, not engine setup) incorporates a ross tuffbond race series balancer (no integrated crank trigger teeth) and the taarks hall effect cam sensor kit. I was under the impression that running a hall effect kit was simply a way to get a cleaner signal to the ecu rather than running the nissan cas. From what Im researching now am I correct in saying you have to run both a hall effect cam sensor as well as a crank trigger setup in order to utilize an aftermarket standalone ecu? Ill most likely either use an aem infinity or haltech elite.
If the answer is yes, and I need to incorporate a crank trigger into my build what options do I have? It looks like ross doesnt sell a separate crank trigger wheel for the race series balancers (must be ordered with the option of integrated crank trigger wheel). I cant run the mazworx or the taarks kits as both are made for the ATI balancer.
Open to suggestions on what to do, as well as short explanations as to what crank/cam trigger setups actually are since I cant find a straight answer anywhere in terms of our application and I feel like an idiot, lol
Old 12-17-2018, 10:02 PM   #1027
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

No. The taarks hall wheel acts as both a sync (180) and a home (1 degree) signal to determine where in the cycle the engine is currently.

That's exactly the way Nissan has it currently as the CAS does the same exact thing
Old 01-02-2019, 02:23 PM   #1028
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
No. The taarks hall wheel acts as both a sync (180) and a home (1 degree) signal to determine where in the cycle the engine is currently.

That's exactly the way Nissan has it currently as the CAS does the same exact thing
Huge relief, thanks a ton!
Old 01-03-2019, 03:24 AM   #1029
SidewaySSS

Trader Rating: (0)
SidewaySSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey everyone!
Newbie here, been lurking for a while & took the leap into Zilviadom last night.
I have a ton of work ahead of me, so will be adding my two cents & picking some brains along my journey.
Lots of very experienced & knowledgeable members here & the older I get, the less I wanna reinvent the wheel.
Some background; Been a Datsun/Nissan nut all my life, some were NA L series, some nitrous L series & the past 10 years or so, FJ’s & SR’s have been my choice.
I’m building a 510 now & going back to my L series roots on this one but later in the year I’ll be putting a 500-600hp VET into a 710 chassis.
The SR’s thus far haven’t been anything extreme, the most putting down 314 kw atw at 22 psi, remember these were all in old school Datsun platforms, 300kw is plenty.
So the VET build coming up will serpass all before & at 46years old with kids nearing college etc. I really can’t afford to bump my head & I’ll be leaning on all to head in the right direction.
Thanks in advance & thanks for this awesome forum.
SidewaySSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:22 PM   #1030
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyred_240sx View Post
Latest tune:

sr22vet, Kelford 184-T cams, GTX35 1.06 A/R @ 35 psi, 70% ethanol.

725whp / 526 tq
This the GTX3576/82 or 84???
Old 01-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #1031
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Props to candy red those are great numbers

Last edited by Malik; 01-12-2019 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: More text
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:28 PM   #1032
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post
for you guys who are pushing 700hp range. are you guys using -8 AN or -10 AN fuel lines.
Quote:
-8AN fuel lines should suffice but folks just step up to -10AN for peace of mind.

Anyone here running Taarks Hall sensor and ECU Master ECU?? Or any other ecu with the taarks hall sensor??

Looking to pick someone's brain on setup.
It’s not the lines that are the issue. The I.D. of the fittings usually chokes down the fuel flow. While -6AN lines are larger than factory, the fittings are actually smaller. However, there are plenty of cars out there running -6 or factory lines well into the 600hp world. -8AN should be all you need for the SR. -10AN is require for 1000+hp.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #1033
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Good to see you back jr!! How is you/fam and car doing?? Been a while
Old 01-30-2019, 10:24 AM   #1034
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Wanted to ask a quick question from those of you who've had some higher hp sr's built. Is it more worthwhile to upgrade main caps or the girdle? I know the stock main caps have some issues with 'walk' around the 550-600hp mark and up. Will mazworx billet main caps solve this or is a JHH billet girdle paired with stock caps more than enough? I dont really want to do both as I dont see it as completely necessary for my build, but if either is cost effective insurance for track use Im willing to go with either.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #1035
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63

I was wondering about that. I wasn't going to upgrade the main caps till I heard they have a cracking problem over 600hp.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:43 PM   #1036
peglio

peglio is an unknown quantity at this point
Same here ha ha haven’t been able to find solid info on this other than on parts sites but then you don’t know if they’re just trying to sell their parts [emoji23]🤣 I’m looking to be around the 6-650 range on mine so would be good to get some proper info on what’s actually necessity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
peglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:28 PM   #1037
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Garage motive / jet200 s14 , andrew did talk about it ... main with the bolt hole in the middle and the weakess ... after that you have gtir main (they dont have a hole in them) 600/650 whp mark and after it would be billlet main + and 1/2 studs

I just dont know if gtir and a billet girddle like jhh or plazmaman would do the trick

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:32 PM   #1038
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have mazworx billet main caps with 1/2 head studs and main studs that i think about selling !

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:26 AM   #1039
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quick question

Is this cam damage beyond repair or worth to be ran?? The damage is to the CAS slot oon the exhaust cam

Old 02-11-2019, 08:26 PM   #1040
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Good to see you back jr!! How is you/fam and car doing?? Been a while
I’ve been around, I just haven’t posted much, life is busy my friend. We are doing well. Finally settled down in SE PA in our own place. How are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Wanted to ask a quick question from those of you who've had some higher hp sr's built. Is it more worthwhile to upgrade main caps or the girdle? I know the stock main caps have some issues with 'walk' around the 550-600hp mark and up. Will mazworx billet main caps solve this or is a JHH billet girdle paired with stock caps more than enough? I dont really want to do both as I dont see it as completely necessary for my build, but if either is cost effective insurance for track use Im willing to go with either.
I would say the most substantial upgrade would be hardware and the girdle. The girdle ties all the pieces of the puzzle together in the bottom end.

Quote:
Quick question

Is this cam damage beyond repair or worth to be ran?? The damage is to the CAS slot oon the exhaust cam

How much play does the damage allow? I would say if the cams drive forces are on the undamaged side, youd be fine. The cam should never rotate backwards. See picture below for explanation.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:38 AM   #1041
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Well, doesn't matter now jr. The said cams were sent as a set, and somehow arrived as 2 pieces of exhaust cam and an intake cam.......So errrr, yeah.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:26 PM   #1042
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Well, doesn't matter now jr. The said cams were sent as a set, and somehow arrived as 2 pieces of exhaust cam and an intake cam.......So errrr, yeah.
Have you found a car to put this setup in yet? Last we talked you didn’t even have a chassis.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:30 PM   #1043
insa

insa is an unknown quantity at this point
In case anyone's interested, here's an EFR 7163 .80 on my VE'd SR.
89mm x 91mm. Compression is around 10:1. P12 head which has oversized in/ex valves installed, no other headwork/porting/whatever done. P12 cams.

This was on ordinary pump fuel (93 in your AON rating).
1.8bar of boost tapering to 1.6bar (26 to 23psi).

567 PS is 417 kw.

Max dyno reading was 582 PS / 700 nm (515 lb ft) at 2 bar, but we decided for a bit of safety in the end as the car will see full throttle quite often and has to work in all kinds of situations (like 4th gear full throttle drifting on a slow track at 110 F).

Quite happy with the result. 500 nm (~370 lb ft) for nearly 4k of revband was the target. We about got there. With E85 this should be even wider...

Response on the dyno was mind blowing. Haven't driven it on the road yet. Freakin curious on how it will drive.

insa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:53 PM   #1044
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Going mechanical pump on my P12 build. I haven’t really seen anyone else go mechanical.

Anyone else do this?

Old 02-18-2019, 03:20 PM   #1045
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by insa View Post
Interesting is the boost falling in the higher RPM's? the power is falling slowly to 7500 or did you adjust the cam gears to get it that way?

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 02-18-2019, 03:22 PM   #1046
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
Going mechanical pump on my P12 build. I haven’t really seen anyone else go mechanical.

Anyone else do this?

Are you mounting that where the flan clutch should go?

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Old 02-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #1047
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Are you mounting that where the flan clutch should go?
From the looks of the kit, it’s going to mount where the water pump would be, and driven off of the crank. I’m going electric water pump and e fans anyways.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:07 AM   #1048
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Interesting is the boost falling in the higher RPM's? the power is falling slowly to 7500 or did you adjust the cam gears to get it that way?
A few things

- "60lb" turbo on 93 Octane, so no surprise to see it falling off up top
- P12 cams may be holding him back up top.
- Boost taper up top

Otherwise, this is a very wicked dyno! Love everything about it . 300+ ft lbs over 4K (and @ 3600 at that) is fantastic and into V8 territory
Old 02-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #1049
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Holy hell, thanks for posting your dyno. My setup incorporates a single scroll EFR 7163 .85 indycar turbo, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to push 550 wheel out of it. This gives me a lot more confidence that it's the right turbo for my goals, especially since ill be on e85. Hopefully I dont suffer too much more with spool compared to your twin scroll/smaller a/r setup.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:51 AM   #1050
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Evo boys make 600+ at all fours on a 7163

Where did you source the proprietary indycar v band turbine inlet flange and 3 bolt compressor inlet?