Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-27-2021, 09:26 AM   #1291
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT73 View Post
yes the current configuration is:
Sr22 bottom 8:7.1 sleeved hks , 87mm pistons
Stock p11 head Sr20ve
Stock camshafts Sr20ve p11
E85
Gt3076r a/r 0,64 no divided

and I have sr20vet exhaust cams on the shelf. For now with gt3076r I have full boost 1b2 to 4000/4500 before it's a bit laggy. camshafts sr20vet exhaust has less crossbreeding to help low rpm ? Thank you for supporting
The VET exhaust cam should help promote spool due to the low lobe lift and the high lobe duration and lift.

I intend on running the VET exhaust cam on my new VET setup.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:11 PM   #1292
240SXK
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light240SXK is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hello gentlemen, not sure if i posted here before but i figured I?d hop back on forum life again since my local forum (240sxone) is dead and i only seem to post on Instagram since it?s the easiest.
Anyways it?s been quite a few years with my VET, 87mm factory sleeves, full preventative rebuild at 11k during winter, lots of headwork and porting, anti lag kit, lots of bent exhaust valves and still running on crap 93 octane pump but we managed to hit 601whp and 477 wtq at @26 psi. Since 2015 we went from 410 to 480, 503 to 532 till 601 now out of a GT3076R and the famous jamie marsh behind the laptop, like i said lots and lots of work and i still don?t have the engine setup how I?d like it to be but it?s been the best ever to this day, my goals is to run a flex fuel sensor with ethanol and maybe upgrade to a nice G30-770 from this old GT3076R that i bought used off here in 2014 lol

(Damnit, trying to figure out how to embed images in 2021)

https://flic.kr/p/2m8Je4v

https://flic.kr/p/2m8zbm1
240SXK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:32 AM   #1293
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SXK View Post
(Damnit, trying to figure out how to embed images in 2021)
Imgur is nice and easy:

BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:10 PM   #1294
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
JP killing the game baby!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:37 PM   #1295
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm in love with your car and all the ig videos you post up lol. I cant imagine how sick that car would be on an efr or a g series.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:52 PM   #1296
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Since this has not been dropped in here yet, I’ll add it.

VTC/VVL conversion

Old 09-21-2021, 09:54 AM   #1297
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Since this has not been dropped in here yet, I?ll add it.

VTC/VVL conversion

I love this, but i'm sad that you lose the best looking valve cover that ever came on a sr20.

still, benefits aplenty.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:48 PM   #1298
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
I love this, but i'm sad that you lose the best looking valve cover that ever came on a sr20.

still, benefits aplenty.
I don?t disagree. The VE VC is good looking. I?m actually melding the two to create a P11.4 or S14.11 oh screw it. I?m blending them to retain factory fitment around the spark plug holes. It?ll take some work, but should end up nice once it?s completed.
Old 05-10-2022, 04:58 PM   #1299
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Since this has not been dropped in here yet, I?ll add it.

VTC/VVL conversion

even if you can convert a notchtop head into a vvl/vtc head don't you lose the flow and head design benefits of a p11 and p12 head anyway? Guess I'd have to do some more reading on why this is a thing.
Old 05-10-2022, 06:45 PM   #1300
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
even if you can convert a notchtop head into a vvl/vtc head don't you lose the flow and head design benefits of a p11 and p12 head anyway? Guess I'd have to do some more reading on why this is a thing.
You?re actually converting the P11/12 head/cam to a VCT compliant setup. Still have the benefits of the P11/12 flow, but increase low end response and trq.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:35 AM   #1301
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
if anyone has a good idea where I can buy a p11 head complete let me know. I am not trying to buy a whole engine. I've had a spare built s13 engine sitting in a corner for 10 years now and figured why not if the price is right.
Old 05-24-2022, 03:45 AM   #1302
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
if anyone has a good idea where I can buy a p11 head complete let me know. I am not trying to buy a whole engine.
If some time passes and the built long block I will shortly be acquiring doesn't sell whole, i'll likely be selling the head separate. I'd be more inclined to do so if someone wanted the head with the plazmaman intake manifold, and the futurefab manifold and EFR7163.

Last edited by tuzzio; 05-24-2022 at 06:57 AM..
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:28 AM   #1303
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
if anyone has a good idea where I can buy a p11 head complete let me know. I am not trying to buy a whole engine. I've had a spare built s13 engine sitting in a corner for 10 years now and figured why not if the price is right.
Contact Jose Beltre on FB. Don’t be surprised on the sticker shock and may be a reason to purchase the whole engine…
Old 05-26-2022, 12:28 PM   #1304
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13VE View Post
My first question is do you really need a 600hp street car?
Nope.

Quote:
Of course the answer is yes, but the question is more about whether you need an SRVE or not anyway.
So here is the rub, the ka24 honda setup is enticing because the engine is widely available and cheap to replace. However the cost of entry is roughly 8-10 grand after all is said and done.

I have two sr20det motors, I keep a built spare and have since 2010, luckily I've never had to put it in my car. But I'd like to convert it to a ve for the head reliability.

Quote:
How long do you plan to keep the car/what's your financial situation/what's important to you/how much do you know about Nissan vs Toyota egines etc etc all things to consider.
I don't plan on getting rid of my car, and honestly I really like the nissan platform. I think it's cool to put something else in it's place but at the end of the day you're spending the same money and going in a different direction.

rb's aren't bulletproof

jz's aren't bulletproof

and if hertlife is any indication ka24 honda motors aren't bullet proof

they just have ridiculous aftermarket and oem market support but that could change just as fast as it has for nissan/toyota

Anyway not even sure why I am replying to an old post. I just think with the current landscape obtaining nissan parts from nissan as well as jdm drift tax. It's clear everything is going up in price not just nissan stuff.

If I can build a reliable sr20ve setup with a p11 head and the s13sr bottom end which are easy to get your hands on and cheap. And make 4-550 horsepower reliably and street tune on shit gas for 350hp I don't see why not.

All of the extreme block work, stroking, wpc, unnecessary. Some decent headwork, put wedges in the water jackets and enjoy.

availability and cost is the main turnoff for anything SR related.
Old 06-10-2022, 10:20 AM   #1305
Tuckedin
Leaky Injector

Tuckedin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nope.

So here is the rub, the ka24 honda setup is enticing because the engine is widely available and cheap to replace. However the cost of entry is roughly 8-10 grand after all is said and done.

I have two sr20det motors, I keep a built spare and have since 2010, luckily I've never had to put it in my car. But I'd like to convert it to a ve for the head reliability.

I don't plan on getting rid of my car, and honestly I really like the nissan platform. I think it's cool to put something else in it's place but at the end of the day you're spending the same money and going in a different direction.

rb's aren't bulletproof

jz's aren't bulletproof

and if hertlife is any indication ka24 honda motors aren't bullet proof

they just have ridiculous aftermarket and oem market support but that could change just as fast as it has for nissan/toyota

Anyway not even sure why I am replying to an old post. I just think with the current landscape obtaining nissan parts from nissan as well as jdm drift tax. It's clear everything is going up in price not just nissan stuff.

If I can build a reliable sr20ve setup with a p11 head and the s13sr bottom end which are easy to get your hands on and cheap. And make 4-550 horsepower reliably and street tune on shit gas for 350hp I don't see why not.

All of the extreme block work, stroking, wpc, unnecessary. Some decent headwork, put wedges in the water jackets and enjoy.

This MF spittin
Tuckedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:56 AM   #1306
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I second contacting Contact Jose Beltre. Dude is legit and a solid source for vvl stuff.
Old 06-10-2022, 12:28 PM   #1307
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:

Availability and costs are up on everything, not just SR.

No fancy work is needed for a 500whp VET, that includes head work. Throw upgraded springs in it and let her rip.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:49 AM   #1308
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Here is the VET I recently had prior to me removing it, which is now owned by Jimmy Oakes, so there will be more VET content on youtube.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:03 PM   #1309
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Here is the VET I recently had prior to me removing it, which is now owned by Jimmy Oakes, so there will be more VET content on youtube.
https://i.imgur.com/FSTxfbD.jpg?1
cant wait, already loving the exaggerated prices of everything on the motor. sucks you sod it!
Old 06-13-2022, 12:29 PM   #1310
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
cant wait, already loving the exaggerated prices of everything on the motor. sucks you sod it!
I don't think exaggeration is the proper term, but perspectively I understand why it is at the same time.

Its a plazmamann intake manifold, plazmamann throttle body, plazmamann fuel rail, and a plazmamann clamp. That does add up to 3K prior to shipping. You could've spent tons of unnecessary time in that video listing out everything that engine is. (IF anyone is actually interested, I'll post up what I know of it)

I'd venture to say a large portion of the viewers don't care, they just want to see a build. And a smaller portion ACTUALLY are interested in that engine because they understand that its not just another SR.

The youtube guys are smart, and youtube provides insane analytics for success.
Old 06-13-2022, 02:05 PM   #1311
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Steve, please post what you know about the VET. We are the smaller portion ACTUALLY interested in the engine lol!
Old 06-13-2022, 03:25 PM   #1312
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
Steve, please post what you know about the VET. We are the smaller portion ACTUALLY interested in the engine lol!
Was originally built by Jon Rogers from IDS for a customer (not the person I bought the car from) and I have confirmation from Jon of this.

Mazworx Machined:
Sleeved block, step decked.
1/2" Head studs,
Billet Main Caps, Main studs
GTIR main bearing conversion
P11 Head P12 Valve Cover
Cosworth Head gasket.
CP Pistons,
Manley turbotuf rods
Supertech dual springs
Ross Performance Balancer
ISR Oil Pan
Plazmamann Intake manifold, Billet throttle Body, Billet fuel rail
Bosch 2200CC injectors
Future Fab Manifold
Borgwarner EFR7153
Taarks R35 coil pack conversion
Taarks hall sensor
Taarks P12 Solenoid Conversion
Taarks Oil Filter Relocation
Tial MVS Wastegate
Old 06-13-2022, 06:16 PM   #1313
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
That is Jake's old VET. I should have bought it.........
Old 06-14-2022, 05:13 AM   #1314
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
That is Jake's old VET. I should have bought it.........
Sure is. Nice guy, and it worked out well.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:42 AM   #1315
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Sure is. Nice guy, and it worked out well.
Didn?t you have the whole car up for 25k or maybe that was him originally?
Old 06-14-2022, 07:41 AM   #1316
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Jake had it up for 25k.
Old 06-14-2022, 02:39 PM   #1317
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
I don't think exaggeration is the proper term, but perspectively I understand why it is at the same time.

Its a plazmamann intake manifold, plazmamann throttle body, plazmamann fuel rail, and a plazmamann clamp. That does add up to 3K prior to shipping.
I've just been piecing things out through different vendors so when you put it that way it makes more sense.

Quote:
I'd venture to say a large portion of the viewers don't care, they just want to see a build. And a smaller portion ACTUALLY are interested in that engine because they understand that its not just another SR.
yeah you're absolutely right. It's been hard to find any VE information. It's just common in our "culture" that things aren't necessarily gatekept but someone can start out on a path of documenting things, shit comes up, money runs out, priorities shift, or they forgot to record/document hardships.

Some people honestly just don't want to say they went too far in on a build and they couldn't tell you a single thing except what their finance apr is on all of the notes.

Eh is what it is.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:04 PM   #1318
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

MotoIQ has a VERY good writeup on whats all required for a VE swap
EFI Solution also has a very good writeup and inventory of every single part you need for a VE swap (exchange rate is good too)
PtEn also did ALOT of good work on it,

It's all pretty simple. However, the VE swap just nickes and dimes you.

Built botom end - 3K
VE head - Prices on these are fucking stupid now. 1200
xCessive intake setup and radium fuel rail - 1K
ID1050 - 500
VE Swap parts for Taarks - 500
Coil Pack GTR - 500
Exhaust Man - 600-1k

That is 7K and you have no ECU, no intake, no intercooler, no swap mounts, wiring, no turbo, no gates etc.

10K easy for a VE swap. And with today's prices, even more.

But the info is there. It's just very dated.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:18 PM   #1319
jr_ss
Post Whore!

I’ve documented everything needed in my build thread nearly 10yrs ago. It’s still current and active.
Old 06-15-2022, 03:46 AM   #1320
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
t but someone can start out on a path of documenting things, shit comes up, money runs out, priorities shift, or they forgot to record/document hardships.
Agreed, and I get that. we see it here all the time with the unfinished builds and build threads. Certain kinds of builds aren't for everyone. But in this case (Jimmy and the SR I sold him) that's his career. If he doesn't make videos...he doesn't get a paycheck. Read the comments on youtube videos sometime, its a good indication of what the audience is like, and if you're wasting time telling them what main bearing hardware was used.