Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #751
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Why not just use Gixxer 750/1000 coils? They are less than 50 shipped for a set off ebay and are similar to the AEM pencil coils.
all four or a piece

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #752
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Per set with pigtails.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #753
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
cbr coils are dirt cheap on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2016-HO...tY9Owq&vxp=mtr

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #754
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'm using those same CBR1000 coils in my Miata. Cheap. Runs well.
The SR20VET got IGN-1As for some serious spark.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #755
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
I think the (AEM) pencil coils are just rebranded CBR coils. Don't quote me on that, but seen lots of high HP car running CBR coils on VET
Old 06-14-2017, 08:19 AM   #756
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey guys,

For the guys who use this thread to put together their wishlists I just wanted to mention that we've started anodizing our parts due to community demand, parts will also be laser etched in the near future. All VE swap and other billet aluminum Mazworx products will be available in clear, black, or purple at no extra cost. If there's anything else that the community would like let me know!

Old 06-14-2017, 08:22 AM   #757
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Cool! I have on of your tensionsers and now need a pickup to complete the VE swap list
Old 06-14-2017, 08:33 AM   #758
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Cool! I have on of your tensionsers and now need a pickup to complete the VE swap list
PM me, I have them in stock and can give Zilvia pricing!
Old 06-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #759
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Have you guys encountered any pros and cons using cbr coils and ign-1a coils? I'm a little stumped on which to get and can use the advice/ recommendation.
livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:19 PM   #760
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
The AEM, CBR and others of the same style are all Denso Coils.

I have not had an issue with my CBR coils. I originally had AEM COILS, but couldn't justify spending the money on one coil that I could get a set for.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #761
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Considering I'm multiple thousands of dollars into my VET, saving ~$150-200 by going with CBR coils instead of IGN-1As didn't seem to be a big deal to me. I was already blowing out LS coils, so I figured I'd just go with the strongest and be done with it forever.

The CBR coils would probably work, yeah, I just wanted that extra insurance. If I had gone back to the dyno with the CBR coils and had blowout again, I'd have been pissed.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:30 AM   #762
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
Considering I'm multiple thousands of dollars into my VET, saving ~$150-200 by going with CBR coils instead of IGN-1As didn't seem to be a big deal to me. I was already blowing out LS coils, so I figured I'd just go with the strongest and be done with it forever.

The CBR coils would probably work, yeah, I just wanted that extra insurance. If I had gone back to the dyno with the CBR coils and had blowout again, I'd have been pissed.
This is what i'm doing as well I'm not too confident with my P12 coils

Old 06-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #763
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post

I know exactly what you mean. I'm aiming for around 550ish hp and if cbr/ denso coils can get the job done it'd be nice to save a few extra bucks and have more of a stock look that'd be a plus, but if IGN's are a guaranteed hit, then i shouldn't really have consider anything else
livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #764
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Something for you guys to geek out over. We now have a flow bench and 5-axis machine in the shop so we have the capabilities to test all of the SR or any engines head(s) and produce a repeatable accurate port.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:52 PM   #765
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
hanz that's a bone stock p11 head?

Quote:
Old 06-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #766
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
hanz that's a bone stock p11 head?
That was a bone stock P11, the P12 flows no better (depending on casting quality give or take 5 CFM.). The P12 intake port simply looks more efficient due to the shaping of the area around the fuel injector. This is why we always recommend the P11 head because they're cheaper, more accessible, and have a vast aftermarket where the P12 has non of those advantages.

We'll also be flow testing the DET heads at variable port "stages" to show that the money is better invested in the VE. Intake manifold testing is also on the schedule to show advantages of various designs in numerical values no simply theory.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:03 AM   #767
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

i wonder what cfm's a ported p11 or p12 get after a full porting job done.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:20 AM   #768
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post
I should have those graphs next week
Old 06-16-2017, 07:01 AM   #769
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Well, the P12 head cannot be ported to the degree of the P11 due to the coolant port above the intake ports on the P12 head
Old 06-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #770
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
That was a bone stock P11, the P12 flows no better (depending on casting quality give or take 5 CFM.). The P12 intake port simply looks more efficient due to the shaping of the area around the fuel injector. This is why we always recommend the P11 head because they're cheaper, more accessible, and have a vast aftermarket where the P12 has non of those advantages.

We'll also be flow testing the DET heads at variable port "stages" to show that the money is better invested in the VE. Intake manifold testing is also on the schedule to show advantages of various designs in numerical values no simply theory.
if you wanna test a prl billet manifold, I can send you mine

Quote:
Old 06-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #771
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
It's great you guys have FINALLY acquired a flowbench. I had mine done years ago, so nothing new to note on the numbers you've produced. However, I'm very interested to see what a ported head, in their various stages, can produce. There is a bunch of mixed information on what a well ported P-head can flow.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #772
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
It's great you guys have FINALLY acquired a flowbench. I had mine done years ago, so nothing new to note on the numbers you've produced. However, I'm very interested to see what a ported head, in their various stages, can produce. There is a bunch of mixed information on what a well ported P-head can flow.
Not quite fully worked K Series, but close. K series has the deck height advantage. I have seen a few actual "comparisons" in the past

P.S Just saw flow numbers of a stock P11 head with stock IM vs GATO manifold. Summary of results: stock IM sucks (on a bone stock NA setup). When turbo it doesnt matter as much
Old 06-17-2017, 07:32 AM   #773
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Kaisen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I've just got my car tuned and dynoed. It's pushing about 260 rwhp, running on a stock turbo and boosting 1.2 bar. Is this roughly the figure I should get on this setup? Or should I be seeing higher figures? Let me know if I missed out any info

Mods are:
CP VE pistons 86.0x9.0:1
Spool Con Rods
P11 head and cams
Supertech valve train
ID 725 injectors
walbro 255 pump
stock turbo
1.2bar
Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #774
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Hey guys as promised here's a stage 4 CNC ported P11 head vs a bone stock P11 head.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #775
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Hanz., are you going to flow test a P12 Head as well

Old 06-20-2017, 02:06 PM   #776
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Hanz., are you going to flow test a P12 Head as well
Well due to the lack of them on hand, especially any with work done I don't see that being done anytime soon. I can tell you that it would flow within 2-3% of the P11 though. They're not what the internet hypes them up to be.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #777
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

I was looking for stage 4 flow numbers so i can compare mine later on

Old 06-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #778
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
I was looking for stage 4 flow numbers so i can compare mine later on
Can the P12 head even be "machined" to stage 4?? As mentioned above, they have the water jackets right above the combustion chamber, so you are already limited in that sense and you cannot machine the P12 to the extent of the P11.

Also, as we have mentioned (hanz and I), lb for lb for P12 head does not perform much better than the P11, especially if you "upgrade" to P11 (int) valves. One of the reasons the P12 flowed more was due to the int valve stem diameter being .5mm thinner than the comparable P11 in addition to 30mm exh valves on the P12 vs the 29mm on the P11.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #779
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Can the P12 head even be "machined" to stage 4?? As mentioned above, they have the water jackets right above the combustion chamber, so you are already limited in that sense and you cannot machine the P12 to the extent of the P11.

Also, as we have mentioned (hanz and I), lb for lb for P12 head does not perform much better than the P11, especially if you "upgrade" to P11 (int) valves. One of the reasons the P12 flowed more was due to the int valve stem diameter being .5mm thinner than the comparable P11 in addition to 30mm exh valves on the P12 vs the 29mm on the P11.
Well the biggest benefit in our stage 4 is the aftermarket valve seats and custom valves, that's where you're gaining a lot of flow. As per machining it to the extent of the P11 that's not possible and even if you could, you wouldn't have the aftermarket to support it. We actually plan to push our stage 4 for the P11 further into the 350+ CFM range but that will come with R&D.

Another downfall to the P12 head is that you can't get our awesome 8 injector billet intake that utilizes a single rail to fit (spoiler we're making 1 piece billet lower intakes for ALL SR20 platforms now, pictures coming soon, also they will be able to be anodized as well, mic drop.)
Old 06-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #780
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Hanz, what was the exhaust side flow numbers on that head? If anywhere needs work, it would be on the exit side of the head to increase velocity through the head. That would aid in spool up tremendously.

Just so people are aware, this is a 90mm bore drawing these numbers. A smaller cylinder is going to effect overall numbers. Any chance you have a standard bore to produce numbers on? I understand you've probably CNC'd the combustion chamber for this head. However, it would be beneficial to have numbers on a head that doesn't go "balls to the wall".

Keep me posted on the development of your "product" you contacted me about. I will need some lead time to get the car to you and square some things away with you guys.