Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-03-2019, 05:31 AM   #1081
peglio

Trader Rating: (0)
peglio is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisen View Post
I had to hammer my wheel well just a little as the inlet pipe is touching it. But other than that not much issues. What's your insta?

Sounds like I will have some issues then ha ha will have to see when the engine is in all mocked up !
Personal is peglio13 and my business page is bigbearkustomsltd , we do custom paint and body on mainly jdm stuff [emoji16][emoji1591]

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd
peglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2019, 06:48 AM   #1082
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Nice to see some activity!

I am going to be redoing the exhaust and putting together the intercooler piping over the next few days. Hope to drop the radiator in, locate a small oil leak, figure out the wastegate actuator mount and hopefully get her fired up again and coolant bled. Off to bleeding the clutch/brakes and then looming the wiring and putting the interior back in.

Excited for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisen View Post
I dont have any videos, but I have some pictures hehe. Engine bay is not the fanciest but Im not doing it for show, so heck it. I can move off the lights decently enough.

https://ibb.co/GFYhkQn
https://ibb.co/QJYNG9m
Have an insta to follow your build??
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:14 AM   #1083
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post

I am going to be redoing the exhaust and putting together the intercooler piping over the next few days. Hope to drop the radiator in, locate a small oil leak, figure out the wastegate actuator mount and hopefully get her fired up again and coolant bled. Off to bleeding the clutch/brakes and then looming the wiring and putting the interior back in.

Excited for this!

Share some pics (or your IG)! I want to see more of your setup and see what Im in for when my block gets back.
Glad to see a lot of people in here with EFR's, hoping to see some graphs and results in this thread soon from you all.
I'm @after_hours13, trying to start documenting my build after having started it a long while ago.. Should be making a lot of progress very soon
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:39 AM   #1084
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Oh I have documentation. Full excel spreadsheet (which needs updating I had to auto recover several months back and was disgusted by how much I spent hahaha!), word document, wiring diagrams, ecu pinouts, valve shim clearance, part numbers, etc etc. hahahaha!

Anyways, boost_lee_145. Not much to see as I only divulged the build to a select few (couldn't be bothered with keyboard warriors and their inherent lack of creativity and knowledge......yeah, I should be in the grump old man thread hahaha!)

PM whatever questions you had in mind. I think we will have similar setups at the end of the day. My tune is scheduled for Aug 23rd.....which sucks as my tuner simply had no open slots in July
Old 07-05-2019, 11:00 PM   #1085
Kaisen
Leaky Injector

Kaisen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Excited for this!

Mine is kaiisen. But I dont have much stuff of my car to post though since everything is done already haha
Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:57 PM   #1086
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Pretty good deal on a decent conservative drop in setup on Facebook right now for anyone considering going VET but hasn’t started yet

Old 07-24-2019, 09:28 PM   #1087
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Anybody parting out their setup, Im tentatively looking for a built bottom end done to vet specs. Dont need anything else, just the block. PM me if you have or know of one.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:58 PM   #1088
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Did Tim sell his?? WHat happened to your block at the machine shop??

I will get in contact with Juan. He may have exactly what you need
Old 07-24-2019, 11:02 PM   #1089
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:29 AM   #1090
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Anybody parting out their setup, Im tentatively looking for a built bottom end done to vet specs. Dont need anything else, just the block. PM me if you have or know of one.
I’ve been selling my VVL setup for a while now. Steve bought the cylinder head and all the TARKS parts. I Still have a brand new block with all parts ready to assemble for the right buyer.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:30 AM   #1091
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Quote:
Did Tim sell his?? WHat happened to your block at the machine shop??

I will get in contact with Juan. He may have exactly what you need
😘 you the man! (Steve also hit me up about this. Ya’ll the MVP’s )

Review Thread
Old 07-25-2019, 09:24 AM   #1092
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Juan’s setup is ideally what I’d like to run, but unfortunately I’m not looking for another block I’ll have to have assembled.

My machine shop is overloaded with work and probably will not have my block back in 2 months or so. I have mostly everything I need to throw together my engine bay minus the block, but I can’t make any progress on designing/fabricating my v mount or my exhaust, or just situating parts in general until I have my engine in. I could have the car complete within that 2 month span if I could find a used block, already assembled to rwd vet specs and have it here within a few days. Then I have the bonus of having a spare assembled fresh block on the shelf should anything bad happen.

Contacted the guy on Facebook who’s ad I actually posted above, however his pistons don’t have valve reliefs and won’t work with my n1 cams. Can anyone tell me whether I could run p11 cams with a thicker headgasket and be okay? The only variable would be that his head is p11 and mine is p12, not sure if that changes valve clearances at all (I don’t believe so, but I figured you guys would have more insight)
Old 07-25-2019, 10:17 AM   #1093
bardabe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Juan’s setup is ideally what I’d like to run, but unfortunately I’m not looking for another block I’ll have to have assembled.

My machine shop is overloaded with work and probably will not have my block back in 2 months or so. I have mostly everything I need to throw together my engine bay minus the block, but I can’t make any progress on designing/fabricating my v mount or my exhaust, or just situating parts in general until I have my engine in. I could have the car complete within that 2 month span if I could find a used block, already assembled to rwd vet specs and have it here within a few days. Then I have the bonus of having a spare assembled fresh block on the shelf should anything bad happen.

Contacted the guy on Facebook who’s ad I actually posted above, however his pistons don’t have valve reliefs and won’t work with my n1 cams. Can anyone tell me whether I could run p11 cams with a thicker headgasket and be okay? The only variable would be that his head is p11 and mine is p12, not sure if that changes valve clearances at all (I don’t believe so, but I figured you guys would have more insight)
Shoot me a PM I can assemble it for you for a fee. I just need to know all the details on your setup and planes use so we can know the limitations

Review Thread
Old 07-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #1094
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:

Juan) Have Ob-Juan Vargas build your that block

Juan-a) Profit!

dos) You could get away with a thicker head gasket, yes. However, how thick is the real question and in return, that will also drop your compression ratio. The drop is not insignificant either. I have the calculation somewhere around here if you need.

3) P11 or P12 head will have the same Valve clearances. There is a difference in head casting, however, there is no effect on valve design and actuation.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:36 PM   #1095
RZRSHARP_240SX
Leaky Injector

RZRSHARP_240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
I run N1 cams without valve reliefs without issues. I used a thicker head gasket to help.
RZRSHARP_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:40 AM   #1096
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

So, there is a chance, the rear oil drain on the block that was blocked off may be leaking......

Engine was machined a year ago and assembled with the plug, so no chance in even talking to them. Either way, the question is, any way to seal this up without having to tear the block down?? Below is the drain I am referring to. I will know for sure during the next startup if its indeed leaking so planning for the worse . Mind you, this is the first startup since the engine was assembled late last year.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:15 PM   #1097
S13VE

S13VE is an unknown quantity at this point
All you can really do is remove the head, fix the leak and put the head back on. Well, technically you also put some nasty stop leak stuff in it, but the risk to reward reatio is poor.

I've removed a CA head with both manfiolds attached, but in the end I questioned if it saved me any time. My issue was more damaged exhaust studs stopped me getting the manifold off to change a head gasket.

As an aside, I only just remembered this thread because I am only just now sending all my gear off to be built 0_0

S13VE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:44 PM   #1098
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

........not an answer I anted, but one I expected none the less. Dyno tune is on Aug 23rd so this may throw a wrench in those plans
Old 08-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #1099
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
........not an answer I anted, but one I expected none the less. Dyno tune is on Aug 23rd so this may throw a wrench in those plans
are the threads damaged? does the plug just need some Teflon tape to seal?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:42 PM   #1100
S13VE

I was planning on using Taarks push in plug, what did you use?

https://www.efisolutions.com.au/oil-...onversion-sr20
Old 08-06-2019, 08:09 AM   #1101
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13VE View Post
I was planning on using Taarks push in plug, what did you use?

https://www.efisolutions.com.au/oil-...onversion-sr20
I actually picked up a similar plug recently. However, the current item is threaded and fitted with a M16 I think, plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
are the threads damaged? does the plug just need some Teflon tape to seal?
So not sure. I doubt the machine shop used Teflon tape. If they did, then I am up a creek as that will require a full block teardown and taking to machine shop to get sorted
Old 08-06-2019, 02:09 PM   #1102
S13VE

The seal I linked is the same thing Mazworx use, builder says he has never had an issue with those and they are cheap. Not sure if you can go that way now though.

Fingers crossed for you.

Last edited by S13VE; 08-06-2019 at 03:08 PM..
Old 08-06-2019, 02:11 PM   #1103
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Don't think so. The hole is now threaded and a press seal via a rubber o ring will get destroyed via the first thread lol.

We will see. I am (finally) pouring distilled water to do a warm up and to check for leaks. Fingers crossed indeed!
Old 08-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #1104
S13VE

Why do you think it's leaking if you're only just now starting it to do a leak check?
Old 08-06-2019, 09:21 PM   #1105
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

I did a few initial start ups before to set the taarks CAS and a few other items

Either way, did a longer term startup tonight. So far, it seems the drain plug wasn't leaking and it was from a prior leak when I replaced the valve cover gasket

1) I did find a leak in one of the oil cooler AN fittings
2) The dipstick tubing was not fully seated, so need to reseat and bolt down the tube

So a bit of a relief
Old 08-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #1106
S13VE

Big relief.

I literally just dropped my gear off at the freight depot.

Let the stress begin.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:56 PM   #1107
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

P.S man is the VE a loud engine lol. Lots of mechanical noise from the valvetrain (clearance is exactly as stated in the FSM as I shimmed the head 4 times in total lol)

Also just realized I had the valve cover vent capped off, so I am sure there was a ton of crank case pressure
Old 08-06-2019, 09:58 PM   #1108
S13VE

When do you hit the dyno?
Old 08-06-2019, 10:13 PM   #1109
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Aug 23rd. I hope (fingers crossed) to have this drivable by some time next week (fix leaks, clean up base map, do home alignment, bleed clutch and brake and take it for a spin around the block)
Old 08-06-2019, 10:14 PM   #1110
S13VE

Sorry you did mention that, good luck.