Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2009, 01:22 AM   #10
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Unit 33 View Post
I have a couple questions for the OP, since im in the middle of my full tuck right now aswell. Other then that it looks good. Im tucking the P/s resi up by the clutch resi, aswell as getting an inline fuel filter to clean up the lines from the fuel rail going on top of the manifold to the filter and tucking it behind the manifold on the firewall.
Make sure you use large enough line for the reservoir to the pump - I used -6an (3/8") from the rack to the reservoir, and -10an (5/8") for reservoir to pump. Also, with inline fuel filters, most of the small ones are "pre-filters", and either don't filter all the way down to 10 microns, or don't deal well with high pressure. I'm using a Fram HPG1 filter because it's cheap, handles high pressure, and uses a replaceable filter element that filters to 10 microns or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Unit 33 View Post
....me and a friend have found that the fuse boxes themselves can stay where they are just by flipping them upside down and putting them on the underside of the metal from where there at from the factory locations. Now that im tupped though im going to have to make a custom mounting slot on my passenger side but my drivers side will still use that slot from the factory which the fuse boxes use to keep them in place. of course i will have to secure the lids since they will be mounted completely upside down now but it should work out fine. I just got my car back to my garage but i can get pictures of what im talking about and how im going to make mine work if you need an example. Im still a bit far away from completing it but its coming along. Also keep in mind the only way someone could possibly pull off the tuck using the same spots for the fuse box i'am using is if they are N/A or have a v mount intercooler setup, because all the other ways i could think of you have to cut holes in the metal where i would be mounting my fuse boxes.
I can't possibly think of a way to fit those fuse boxes underneath the fender with tubs. When you're low, the wheel travels almost all the way to the underside of the strut tower, and pretty far inward. Pics?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote