Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:03 PM   #361
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Everything looks great Glenn. I need to do an overhaul on my garage, I'm running out of space very quickly.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #362
4-20sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
4-20sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4-20sx
Nice garage! Hope I can get mine to look just as nice as that.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:36 AM   #363
Lockiess15
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Lockiess15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is some epic shit
Lockiess15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #364
SR360

SR360 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great garage! I have a nice size, white walls and good lighting are a must!
SR360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #365
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Now that's a garage
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #366
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
That's a great space! I wish I had a wider garage

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #367
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
glad to hear the new place is working well, garage looks great.

light fixtures are very cool.

who will be doing the tune?
KoukiMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #368
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Everything looks great Glenn. I need to do an overhaul on my garage, I'm running out of space very quickly.
Steven, I'm glad I got the majority of the remodel out of the way before I started packing things into the garage. I didn't realize how much stuff accumulates so quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
That's a great space! I wish I had a wider garage
I wish my garage was wider as well. They consider it a "two car" garage, but I honestly am convinced it's an oversized one car. As always, I could use more space.

My Rents had enough space for another car to be parked along side of my 40 and I still had enough room to work on my car. It's a bit of a squeeze with two cars in the garage, fortunately, my girl doesn't mind parking her car outside nor has a problem with me taking the entire garage, but she knows it's my "space". I move the car over for her when I'm out of town so she can pull in into the garage at night though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
glad to hear the new place is working well, garage looks great.

light fixtures are very cool.

who will be doing the tune?
I believe we discussed who was tuning the car via pm's, but if not, he is a local tuner. He's been tuning Nissan's for 10+ years now and a fellow 240 and friend has used him in the past for tuning. I've talked with him and he is very knowledgeable on Haltech's and I'm looking forward to tuning with him.

So, I know it's been a hot minute with updates and I really don't have anything more on the progress of the car. Once I brought it down to the house I found a small coolant leak, or what I thought was one and it just ended up being the air bleed screw loose.

I also pulled my turbo blanket and installed my Stage 8 locking hardware. I have had issues with the hardware coming loose from heat cycling in the past and I felt this was the best solution, time will tell.

A few weeks ago I was sent to Bermuda on business( I know bummer right?). Let me tell you right now, if you have an opportunity to go, please do. There is so much to see on that little island. I killed my Canon batteries in one day taking pictures of this place. It is so rich in culture and history. However, you should be prepared for sticker shock. It is extremely expensive over there.

That's me checking this random passage out. We hiked and climbed for 6hrs the first day on the island.

Gunpowder cavern was built in the 1600's. History states that there use to be a moat around this man made cave, carved into the rock face here. The British use to store gun powder inside when the actively occupied the island. Apparently, this place has been shut to the outside world. We found a way inside and it was an amazing experience.

This is the main entrance/hallway into the cavern, which is the other side of that first picture. Some time in the late 1900's it was turned into a Restaurant/Bar. A lot of the bar area items were still in place.

Before I left for Bermuda, I had to pull my harness. So I spent part of Memorial day weekend pulling that out and getting it boxed up for the trip BACK to ChaseBays, which I hope is for the last and final time. They have been "looking" at it for the better part of two weeks now, I'm hoping to hear back from them any day now. I find myself a bit frustrated at this point with them. I can understand a few issues here and there. No one is perfect and there is ALOT that goes into these harnesses, but continuing to have issues and not having them sorted is getting tiring. Another issue is lack of communication. I don't like having to email someone and helplessly wait for a response. I like the luxury of picking a phone up, pressing a few buttons and getting a response immediately, especially after so much time.
Perhaps I've been too forgiving and patient, I just hope it works in the end.

Once the harness comes back, I'll have another update and hopefully a dyno date.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #369
HighwaystarJC
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
HighwaystarJC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
BEAUTIFUL. just read your entire thread. you've done an amazing job with quality work and its very inspirational. are you planning on keeping the OEM SE front lip with the skirts and rear spats?
Old 08-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #370
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwaystarJC View Post
BEAUTIFUL. just read your entire thread. you've done an amazing job with quality work and its very inspirational. are you planning on keeping the OEM SE front lip with the skirts and rear spats?
Thanks for the kind words! I eventually plan to add the NaVaN front bumper, but that's going to wait until the rest of it gets to see fresh paint.

I finally received my wiring harness back from ChaseBays, which I hope is the final time. I went through the harness this time and pinged everything out. All seems as it should, but the real test will be once I get it back into the car. I've slowly been doing that.

I have my Harness bar sitting in the spare room. I need to find the time to modify my B-pillar plastics to accept the bar and still look clean, this will take some patience and finesse.

I am modifying my catch can setup slightly. Right now my valve cover lines run to the top of the can with the exhaust e-vac plumbed center above them. I want to move them down and add some stainless steel scrub pads to add surface area and collect more oily vapor than the empty can would.

I also need to get my exhaust housing blanket secured, but this requires removing the down pipe inorder to get my hands in there.

Other than the few items listed above, the car is ready to get to the dyno. Hoping this will happen with in the next month or so, who knows. I will post video and results immediately.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:28 AM   #371
FRhatch

FRhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Seriously dude! I cannot get over how deep you went into this rebuild! I'm going to have to just post another compliment on your work! beautimus!
FRhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #372
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It's a nice change to see a fellow Floridian (even though I loathe this state) doing a proper build. Looks great man.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #373
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRhatch View Post
Seriously dude! I cannot get over how deep you went into this rebuild! I'm going to have to just post another compliment on your work! beautimus!
Well, it was my second time doing the rebuild. I figured this time I would fix things I didn't do the first time. I absolutely had to take care of the rust spot on the strut tower. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
It's a nice change to see a fellow Floridian (even though I loathe this state) doing a proper build. Looks great man.
There are a few of us in the state that have dedicated the time and effort to put together a decent built car. I wouldn't say mine is the best, but I believe it's been thrown together well enough. Thanks for the positive words.

!!!Update!!!

-The harness is back in! I finished the install up sometime during the week. I added an Innovate LC1 wideband and wired that into the EMS for a permanent 02 sensor option. I had an LM2 but that thing is too big and complicated for what I was looking for and couldn't be integrated into the car for a permanent solution easily. Once everything was back in, I secured the Haltech in it's respective spot.

-I reinstalled my Intake manifold and associated items along with it. I verified I had no fuel leaks and cranked the car over. She fired right up, so it seems like all is right at this point. I'll hook the laptop up this week sometime and go over all the sensors and settings.

-I managed to get my turbo blanket in as well. Securing that thing with the safety wire is a nightmare. There has to be a better way of securing it or maybe I was doing it wrong. Either way, it's done and shall not be removed.

-Years ago(because that's how long ago this build started) I ran a Cusco 40D strut tower bar. When I purchased my Shakitto plates, the bar end plates would no longer fit, so it was removed. I like the look of a high quality polished STB residing over the motor. So, I modified and painted the end plates to fit along with the Shakitto plates. I also took the time to polish the bar. Over the years I had "preserved" it's finish with Mother's metal polish. However, it was time for some Rouge polishing compound and a high speed wheel. Results are below.

The bar pre polish...

The bar post polish...

Stay tuned, more updates when I get the chance.

Last edited by jr_ss; 08-24-2014 at 09:25 PM..
jr_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #374
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fantastic build. Truly, that bay shot has me like :O

VQ Build Insta
Jissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #375
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Beautiful. Great work
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #376
Drifting Kalamari
Zilvia Member

Drifting Kalamari is an unknown quantity at this point
Kaleeeeen!!!!
Drifting Kalamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #377
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Good stuff! Glad the wiring seems to be all sorted, and you took care of a few other bits.

Engine bay looks fantastic! Top notch
KoukiMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #378
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
that money shot at the end.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:03 AM   #379
aga
Zilvia Junkie

aga is an unknown quantity at this point
amazing build! you still haven't tuned /ran this car? the only excuse i can think of is being chest deep in supermodels.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #380
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Thanks for the kind words guys, appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga View Post
amazing build! you still haven't tuned /ran this car? the only excuse i can think of is being chest deep in supermodels.
First off, thanks for taking the time to read through the build. Second, I've run into a few hiccups throughout it. Obviously, the main one being the wiring harness. Now that it's sorted, it should be good to go. The other things that have prevented the tuning of this car were the purchase of a home/minor remodel and now the purchase of an engagement ring. All of these tend to cut into my funds pretty hard. Hopefully, by the beginning of Oct I'll have a date pinned down to get her tuned. Until then, I have a few things to do which I will update as they happen.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #381
aga
Zilvia Junkie

aga is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
The other things that have prevented the tuning of this car were the purchase of a home/minor remodel
i knew it had something to do with models

good luck man.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #382
FRhatch

apexi head gasket

Hey man! this looks so good! if you don't mind me asking what apexi head gasket did you get? can you just get an det head gasket? forgive the stupid question...
Old 09-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #383
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hey man! this looks so good! if you don't mind me asking what apexi head gasket did you get? can you just get an det head gasket? forgive the stupid question...
A DET headgasket will work. You will have to modify one front cover bolt hole though, which isn't a big deal.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #384
FRhatch

awesome! I have an S13 bottom end, does that matter? I know the S14 and S15 heads have the variable valve timing.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:52 PM   #385
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
awesome! I have an S13 bottom end, does that matter? I know the S14 and S15 heads have the variable valve timing.
Just get one for an S13 bottom end and you'll be fine.

S14/15's have variable intake cam timing only.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #386
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Love it! Excellent work and great attention to the details. Sub'd for updates.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:24 AM   #387
600supersport
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
600supersport is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
my setup seems to be quite close to yours jr...with less clean details mind you, but the basics are quite similar....I'm still debating the VE(t) head swap. It seems quite early in your driving of this setup process (if much at all, idk), but other than the more reliable valve-train and higher potential for big power, I know it's not a stroker kit, but did the VE give u noticeable gains early in your powerband or is it all gonna translate to more top end...not that a bunch more top end is a bad thing lol.

Last edited by 600supersport; 09-30-2014 at 04:21 PM..
600supersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #388
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14unimog View Post
Love it! Excellent work and great attention to the details. Sub'd for updates.
Thanks man! How's your ride doing? I'm still fighting to get this thing on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600supersport View Post
my setup seems to be quite close to yours jr...with less clean details mind you, but the basics are quite similar....I'm still debating the VE(t) head swap. It seems quite early in your driving of this setup process (if much at all, idk), but other than the more reliable valve-train and higher potential for big power, I know it's not a stroker kit, but did the VE give u noticeable gains early in your powerband or is it all gonna translate to more top end...not that a bunch more top end is a bad thing lol.
Well, unfortunately I cannot give you my first hand experience with any differences in spool and power delivery, as I have still not had it tuned. I'm currently trying to figure out a MAP issue and it looks like I've narrowed it down to a faulty sensor, but I'm not 100% on that. I'll speak with a Haltech tech tomorrow about my findings. If I do, I'll get one shipped right away and hope for the best.

Another problem is, I've forgotten what it was like to drive a BPU'd SR vs my built SR. My BPU'd SR was fast but over 6years ago. The built setup was faster, but again, it's been some time. The comparison would be a bit muddled as I'm past the 4year mark of this thing being down. Hopefully in the next month I will have this driving, atleast to shake out the bugs.

I'll be getting the harness bar in asap now that I know my issue doesn't lie in the ECU harness.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #389
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Glenn, WTF is BPU'd?

dang I am a noob apparently.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:03 AM   #390
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Basic
Performance
Upgrade

Fmic, intake,Maf ect.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote