Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #31
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silva.240 View Post
my first question to 89hatchman is.......? how old are you, how long have you been legally allowed to drive? and have somebody who knows "mechanics" check out your car. i'm assuming you obviously didn't build the car nor have been driving much. I suggest go find a local go-karting ring and spend time there drifting/ driving.
just me .02 cents
sounds weird but whos down for some k1 racing???? 89hatchman i challenge you!
my 240 broke down..again
240boi115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
h1tman26
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
h1tman26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you aint bout this life...
h1tman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #33
Dagostino480
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Dagostino480 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
you really wanna know how to drift ey? or drive?

I started when i was 12 years old now im turning 21 soon. I learn basic driving skills, counter steering, when to throttle in and out of a turn, and basic apex stuff from one simple shit that a good 90% of kids un knowingly learned from.

NEED FOR SPEED ON THE PLAYSTATION 2 (STEERING WHEEL CONTROLER OR REGULAR)

HAHA and people will agree with me cause that shit is a simulator

next time you want to drift go all the way on the outside on the turn and go full lock in the way you turn the car the smash that gas pedal. stay in second and you will spin out. learn how to spin out and you will learn how to control after that.
Dagostino480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #34
Danger_Dorn
Zilvia Member

Danger_Dorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Step 1: Watch Drift Bible many times

Step 2: Learn to drift on Forza 4 lol. Sounds stupid but the physics are pretty realistic. Use a stock tu-fo-tay

Step 3: Check over your real life (about to be destroyed) drift car for saftey and make sure it wont fall apart of blow up.

Step 4: Get alot of tires

Step 5: Find a big empty space and grow balls.

Repeat
Danger_Dorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #35
koukistylejdm
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
koukistylejdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i sold one of my silvias to a kid and hes drifting good after something like 10 days.... he just has that 'driver's attitude' i think!

an other freind of mine bought a 180sx last summer and still bad after a whole year of trying...
koukistylejdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 AM   #36
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Props to OP for having the balls to make these threads and then actually do shit like enter a contest for practice time and despite not knowing how to drift. I couldn't embarrass myself like that.

At least OP is committed. Just a little lost and misunderstanding of drifting and driving in general it seems.
Right on.

OP: practice initiating drift donuts around cones. Dont just floor the gas and turn the wheel. Ask someone thats half decent at your next event to give you some pointers, maybe do a ride along with you if theyre willing.

Watch all 4 parts over and over, especially what he does in the ae86 im somewhat decent but i still havent tried anything but clutch kicks, ebrakes, and feints (or combos of those 3), so dont get intimidated by the more advanced techniques (hes a pro!) and start from step one and practice practice practice:
Drift Bible part 1/4 - YouTube

Also watch the ken nomura parts towards the bottom and pretend like youre his student, he is a very good instructor. there was one where he taught an american girl model how to drift, but i cant find it, and i used that video as a basis to teach my little brother how to drift, he was doing figure 8s in his first 45 minutes so that one is a good video. The videos arent in english but you can clearly see what hes doing:

Girls in Drifting: Drifting 101

All i did was basically donuts and figure 8s in the kiddie pool for my first couple of events while my friends decided to do trial by fire like you are, gotta start small! Good luck, and rephrase how youre asking about drift technique or youre gonna keep getting flamed
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #37
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Try doing it without clutch kicking. Ruined transmissoins suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #38
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Your probably not getting enough speed and trying initiate way to late. If your having trouble getting sideways with a clutch kick than stop clutch kicking.. Try to get speed and shift weight with a feint.
Maybe you should get footage of you drifting and the announcer telling everyone that your just surveying the track heh.
Did you check the potato fuse located in the front right corner of your gas tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB33 View Post
No i haven't. To be honest i didnt know there was a fuse there. Thats not a fuse for the fuel pump is it?
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #39
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'm not an expert or really that good at drifting but i was horrible the first time at the track. Made a fool out of myself and went home. Then i played this Live For Speed game for a while just for shits and giggles. The next time it was time to drift, i was doing quite well and was surprised myself, it seemed like it was just coming to me naturally. I don't care to learn drifting but something as simple as a video game could be a good start to get the basics. No point in tearing up the car or tires when you don't know what you are doing - just my
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote