Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #17431
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
Who is all running 18s 9.5 in the front? Im rubbing and im at the point of ditching the wheels or running a smaller tire than 225/40 which I really dont want to. Should of never broken the holy 17/18 staggered rule for stock fenders
17/18 is best for stock fenders. 18x9.5 really aren't doable if you're low unless you have tubs and adjust your caster, it will rub inside on stock tubs. Also 215/40 still provide plenty of grip as long as you buy a high grip tire but they're hard to find in this size. Example of a high grip tire would be a Dunlop ZII Star Spec. Here was my setup with 18x9.5 +12 with a 225/40 all around, still felt like a monster truck though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
These were 225-35 Federals on 18x9.5s up front.
For drifting a 35 series is a no go.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2017, 09:53 PM   #17432
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1. You don't need tubs to utilize 18x9.5j
2. You can drift fine on 35 series tire
Old 12-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #17433
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
I'm over here being a bitch about 9j+22. I still have to drop a tire size and I really don't want to do it.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:13 AM   #17434
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about

I know a few of you were interested in my mirrors. If so pm me, considering changing them up.

Last edited by hotrodjoseph; 12-11-2017 at 09:22 AM..
hotrodjoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:47 PM   #17435
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVGASM View Post
1. You don't need tubs to utilize 18x9.5j
2. You can drift fine on 35 series tire
1. Guess it depends on the setup.

2. Sure someone can drift fine but for my case, the grip wasn't good. I couldn't trust it in the touge or most tracks in Japan. Certain it would de-bead on some of my past dirt drops.

This is just an opinion.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:12 PM   #17436
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Im at a 9.5 +12 which isnt crazy but I shaved my engine bay and painted it so I cant bash or cut out my tubs. If my caster is too far back then hits fire wall, too far forward then it hits the tub. I might just have to raise it an inch, do at least -4/-5 degrees of camber then go smaller tire. I love the fitment where its at since my rear can literally slam it to the rim edge and not rub. I really want to lower my front just a tad. Basically the top of the tire under the fender.

My car is a "daily" so only time I hit full lock is parking lots and backing in. Guess I might as well start looking now to get rid of 4 lugs and finally source some LMs or some AVS on the auctions.

Only decent picture of the side, dont mind the wheels but theyre sqaure g8s I coated white. Cosmetically look fine but are "reps" but the extra spoke and design is different from the regular TE style. Next set of wheels will also be white as well.

R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #17437
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
via AUTOnGRAPHIC.blogspot.com

6 years later & this is still my dream
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:57 AM   #17438
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:43 AM   #17439
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Some new photo's of my car. Recently purchased some new TE37 and it's the best the car has looked in a long long time

Old 12-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #17440
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Thank you for filling in those wheels with proper brakes.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:53 PM   #17441
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Looks awesome Merlz! Crazy how dark the new bronze is.

I came very close to buying a new 17/18 set from a vendor down there (probably the same place you did? I think the owner's name was Mick) but I was concerned about doing so with a wire transfer vs PayPal. Probably best I didn't since they weren't cheap, lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #17442
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Looks awesome Merlz! Crazy how dark the new bronze is.

I came very close to buying a new 17/18 set from a vendor down there (probably the same place you did? I think the owner's name was Mick) but I was concerned about doing so with a wire transfer vs PayPal. Probably best I didn't since they weren't cheap, lol.
Thank you

Yeah i bought them from the same vendor. Yeah i wasn't 100% sold on the new bronze when i first saw them either. They really pop in the sun though it's just a bad photo. I wish they had that lighter polished bronze lip like they used to. Price wise wasn't so bad for me. A second hand 17/18 combo wouldn't be much cheaper down in AUS so it was an easy decision for me to go new.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:43 AM   #17443
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Merlz - car looks fucking rad! I kind of like the newer bronze. I have a set of OG TEs and bronze LMGT4s. They're about the same shade-wise so part of me wants to sell the OG TEs and order the 9j+22 Sagas. I'll be staring at pictures of your car to motivate me haha.

Badass brakes, by the way.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #17444
wptfilms

Trader Rating: (1)
wptfilms is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Merlz making my OCD happy today. Silver is probably my favorite color on 180s also!
wptfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:17 PM   #17445
dezzS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
dezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enoughdezzS13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dezzS13
Finally made it onto the track with my S13. Blew up my lip and scuffed up my side skirt. Successful day!

Old 12-21-2017, 12:46 PM   #17446
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzS13 View Post
Finally made it onto the track with my S13. Blew up my lip and scuffed up my side skirt. Successful day!
I can help you with that lip issue

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #17447
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
I can help you with that lip issue
((((((((((((((((((((((

dezzS13 I love your car dude. I still want some R33 wheels. I always sell them before I use them but they look so good on the hatch!
Old 12-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #17448
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
ka24debt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
my last progressive contribution to this thread. rip.
Untitled by josh deliz, on Flickr
Old 12-31-2017, 09:29 PM   #17449
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

HNY!!!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:59 PM   #17450
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

OOooo kill'em^^

180 almost back in my hands!!

Old 01-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #17451
merlz
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
OOooo kill'em^^

180 almost back in my hands!!
Love your 180 so much!

HNY!!
Old 01-01-2018, 04:26 PM   #17452
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
Love your 180 so much!
Ha! Not sure why, yours is much much cleaner! Mine has dings/dent and cracked my hotrod bumper from drifting. 99% sure I'm throwing my Koguchi fenders on. 1% is every time I see oem metal fenders done right, I change my mind haha.

Hoping nothing is damaged or missing from my car when I pick it up.

Its funny though because I have both a CMW and BN kit coming with my belongings from Japan but I can't get away from the type-x.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #17453
koukimonst3r
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
koukimonst3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Ha! Not sure why, yours is much much cleaner! Mine has dings/dent and cracked my hotrod bumper from drifting. 99% sure I'm throwing my Koguchi fenders on. 1% is every time I see oem metal fenders done right, I change my mind haha.

Hoping nothing is damaged or missing from my car when I pick it up.

Its funny though because I have both a CMW and BN kit coming with my belongings from Japan but I can't get away from the type-x.
Stock body for life! I sometimes regret going kp

ig : koukimonst3r
koukimonst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #17454
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Old 01-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #17455
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry if this is mudding up the thread with wheel post but I jumped the gun and go some Blitz Z2s in 18s (TLDR what specs are you three piece guys running in the rear on stock body with decent tire) will also post in the fitment thread but figure you guys might chime in better since Type x on stock body here is pretty big.

18x7.5 +38 18x8 +38

Im thinking about relipping a set of the wheels but im curious does anyone know what OG Koguchi had on his car?

Im staying stock body, probably keep the 18x8 +38 up front and only relip the rears but im wanting a good dish but also put a pretty big tire and I cant wrap my head around whats a good offset for 9-10in that can fit a 255-275 35/40 profile. My 9.5 +12 on 225 is nice but I want to hit 400whp and at least hook a bit. Been looking back pages and fitment thread but anything close im looking are dead picture lines and s14 chassis.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:15 AM   #17456
merlz
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Im thinking about relipping a set of the wheels but im curious does anyone know what OG Koguchi had on his car?
He ran these sizes;
18x8.5 +38 225/35
18x9.5 +38 245/40

If he ran spacers or not i'm not sure. I'd assume so considering the offsets are rather weak.

I've referenced his specs from here.
https://discofever33.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/21.jpg
Old 01-08-2018, 08:55 PM   #17457
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:15 PM   #17458
JustinChillenBallin
Leaky Injector

JustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to JustinChillenBallin
Quote:
Sorry if this is mudding up the thread with wheel post but I jumped the gun and go some Blitz Z2s in 18s (TLDR what specs are you three piece guys running in the rear on stock body with decent tire) will also post in the fitment thread but figure you guys might chime in better since Type x on stock body here is pretty big.

18x7.5 +38 18x8 +38

Im staying stock body, probably keep the 18x8 +38 up front and only relip the rears but im wanting a good dish but also put a pretty big tire and I cant wrap my head around whats a good offset for 9-10in that can fit a 255-275 35/40 profile. My 9.5 +12 on 225 is nice but I want to hit 400whp and at least hook a bit. Been looking back pages and fitment thread but anything close im looking are dead picture lines and s14 chassis.

plz tell me your building a replica of his car.

JustinChillenBallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #17459
RainbowMilk
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
RainbowMilk is making a name for him/her selfRainbowMilk is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

needs some love this winter
Old 01-09-2018, 08:24 PM   #17460
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinChillenBallin View Post
plz tell me your building a replica of his car.
possibly.... going to keep it cherry pearl tho but... just picked these and should be getting relip as we speak. Keeping the right two set up front as is 18x8+38
then getting a rear set relipped for 5in lips at 9.5 +13. Will be doing up similar vinyl scheme but with parts I actually have.

Now im debating on keeping the wheels as is or been toying with idea to paint the faces two different colors. Once side similar to gunmetal grey and other side white because I love white/red combo. From a photographer pov its awesome since I have two different side of the car too shoot and you can never really see both colors at once so i dont think its that "distasteful"