Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Krusty_s13's krusty coupe build

I picked up this coupe after moving to Charlotte NC and selling my fastback to my roommate. It had a blown ka and it was a bit dirty but I felt like it was the best base I could find locally for what would eventually be my DD.

Enter 1993 Coupe.

I didnt keep the xxr's or the Tein basics that were on it.

The engine bay was super gross and I later found that the car had been color changed atleast 5 times. Ridiculous.

Tore it all down and degreased it all.

Laid down some Creamy Yellow paint and undercoated the front end.

Grabbed a s14 sr20de from an importer in NY with 17k km on the clock. Super clean and its been very healthy.

Dropped it in, cleaned and painted every single component that went back into that bay. Basic SR swap. Used the stock s14 mounts. OEM header with shield. KA24de header lower half. Made a DOHC ka intake work and paired that with a RSR ExMag catback.

Put it all back together and enjoyed it for a little bit. KYB GR-2's and Intrax springs. Stock wheels. with some s14 seats. Biggest mistake I made, that I'll never do again, was plastidipping the car white. What a PITA.

Forward a bit, Picked up some coilovers, half and halfs, a pair of enkei 92's and an old Brix

Grabbed another pair of wheels and kept enjoying the car

Added a Garage Defend lip and Chuki 180sx skirts.

Got a very good deal on a silvia front, grabbed a aero bumper and lowered it some more. Started drifting at the local event semi-regularly.

Had a snow day and got a little excited with my line. Ended up taking out a fence pole with my pass quarter.

Cut and sealed the quarters and slapped on some overfenders.
Sold off the bumper to start piecing some aero

Enter the aero phase. G corp rep front, TBO side skirts and Bomex bonneville rear
Never got the aero or the car properly painted. Shame.

At this point, I was nearing graduation and I needed some cash to relocate
back to South FL. So we enter the broke boi phase.
Sold off the front and the side skirts, kept the bomex rear, and prepped the car to make the drive back down to Miami. Yeah yeah, I know this shit looked terrible but such is life.

Installed a OEM exhaust, got some fresh tires, swapped the whining j30 with a fresh open diff, and added a r32 wangan wing for a little flare.

Last day at work

Moved back to shitty South FL annd tore the car down for a suspension refresh and a repaint. Update to come. Thanks for sticking around!

TL;DR - This 240 is a piece of junk. Typical 240 owner.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dam nice work man!
Old 12-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #3
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wish I would have known those were TBO skirts!! I've got a front bumper on the way. Looking forward to seeing it painted man
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:09 AM   #4
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Those TBO skirts look very similar to Bomex ones. Nice.

Jealous of the bonneville rear joint...someday...
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:23 AM   #5
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Those TBO skirts look very similar to Bomex ones. Nice.

Jealous of the bonneville rear joint...someday...
They are essentially the same thing.
I've almost sold that bomex rear three different times, and I hesitated EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I'll try and update, with the current status of the car, later today.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:13 PM   #6
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Got situated back home and started to tear the car down. rear end needed work and I wasn't happy with the bodywork and lack of paint.

Picked up some rocket bunny version 1 overs and hung them up for a quick test fit.

cut and welded a new rear lower section and test fit some more.

Removed the rear end, painted the subframe, installed PBM risers, new booted heim joint arms and all that good stuff. Didn't take a picture of the finished subframe, I was just trying to stuff that shit back in there.

Gave it a wash and then removed the interior, prepped and painted the door jams.

So this is where were at now. East Bear front, Bomex sides, rear and mirrors.
I have a r32 wangan wing that I may modify and use but I'm leaning towards selling it and grabbing something else, as well using another bumper that I'll mock up this weekend. I'll update again when we shoot primer. reworking all the fiberglass so that all the panel fitment is spot on.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Picked up this weird bumper locally. All my research comes up as a nismo bumper. May or may not use it. We'll see what it looks like with some paint on it.

The interior has been stripped and prepped for paint. Update soon!

Old 12-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #8
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
awesome build!!! loving the Silver color!!
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:45 PM   #9
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Use that bumper.
I love the NASR man. I wish more people did them.
Actually I don't because finding a clean s13 nasr has been difficult lately XD.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:57 PM   #10
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
awesome build!!! loving the Silver color!!
Thanks! The silver color was just primer, the car will be another color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Use that bumper.
I love the NASR man. I wish more people did them.
Actually I don't because finding a clean s13 nasr has been difficult lately XD.
I like it man. It's pretty gutless down low but that just means you have to drive it harder. Plan is to build a header and a 2.5" exhaust, run a 50 shot and a 4.6 or 4.9 R&P. Should be plenty fun.

Old 12-28-2017, 05:29 PM   #11
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Plan is to build a header and a 2.5" exhaust, run a 50 shot and a 4.6 or 4.9 R&P. Should be plenty fun.

How about a kade header, and swap the head flange to an Sr flange. Should work great. Been looking for the Greddy Ka header to do exactly that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:01 PM   #12
tjcbar

tjcbar is an unknown quantity at this point
nice build
tjcbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:43 PM   #13
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
How about a kade header, and swap the head flange to an Sr flange. Should work great. Been looking for the Greddy Ka header to do exactly that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking of that, might give it a shot.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:12 PM   #14
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Not a super huge update but I picked up a 3D printer recently and I've been going to town.
I removed all the AC and Heater components and didn't want to weld the holes shut so I printed some block offs that just snap in. Up next are some sunroof brackets and AC vent block offs for the dash. Still working on smoothing out the roof and the doors, should have the car in primer early February. Getting married on the 2nd of Feb and the car has taken a bit of a back burner. If anyone is interested in any of the block offs I make, I'd be happy to print some extras, just let me know!

Old 01-15-2018, 10:32 PM   #15
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
those fit nicely... nice work
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:05 AM   #16
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
If I didn't just have my machinist at work make me aluminum block off plates, I'd be all over those. Nice work. Definitely put those up for sale.

Edit: You should also make snap in plates for the triangles behind the strut towers. I didn't have any harnesses running through mine and it made my bay filthy. So I welded them shut.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:25 AM   #17
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
If I didn't just have my machinist at work make me aluminum block off plates, I'd be all over those. Nice work. Definitely put those up for sale.

Edit: You should also make snap in plates for the triangles behind the strut towers. I didn't have any harnesses running through mine and it made my bay filthy. So I welded them shut.
Aluminum block off plates are sweet!

I'll print a couple of the block offs and put them up on the FS section, it's definitely cleaner to weld and smooth them but I'm sure someone might be interested in a easier solution. I'll look into making a plate for that triangular cut out. It is definitely an entry point for dirt and road grime. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #18
SR20DETsilvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
SR20DETsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Aluminum block off plates are sweet!

I'll print a couple of the block offs and put them up on the FS section, it's definitely cleaner to weld and smooth them but I'm sure someone might be interested in a easier solution. I'll look into making a plate for that triangular cut out. It is definitely an entry point for dirt and road grime. Thanks!
I'd gladly buy some! I was just about to weld mine shut..
SR20DETsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #19
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'd love a set for all of the holes in the firewall, the fender wells, and the corners of the engine bay!
Old 03-13-2018, 07:58 AM   #20
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Don't have much of an update. Had a silvia front come up locally that I could not pass on. Scooped that up and slapped it on, still need to work out some dings but the headlights are literally brand new. Front bumper should be here tomorrow. Rear overs are pretty much hard mounted already, just need to smooth out the bomex rear valence and get everything primed.

I have also printed a couple of those HVAC block offs if anyone is interested in a set, PM me. I'll be printing random block offs and some sunroof delete brackets, I'll post them up in here once done.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:38 PM   #21
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Been a little while since I've updated. We have been steadily doing the bodywork on the car. I have some experience with fiberglass work and small dents but I have never took on this scale of bodywork. It is extremely tedious!

I took the day today to pull the windshield and lay down some primer. By now the rear over fenders have been riveted on and the car was raised about 2" all around to allow for some clearance.

First thing was to get the windshield removed. Was a bit of a PITA but with some choice words and some elbow grease it made its way to the trash bin.

Found some surface rust underneath the sealer that needed to be addressed. Took the wire wheel to it and sprayed on some rust preventing primer.

After that was done we went ahead and got the car all masked up and ready for the primer.

Spent the rest of the night laying down the primer. I am using European coatings high build primer and it has laid down very nice and covered quite a bit.

It'll dry for 24-48 hrs. next up is to finish fixing the bomex rear valence and prime all of the aero. Then some block sanding and wet sanding and we should be good for paint.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #22
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Small update. Wired in a keyless entry setup and shaved the key cylinder on my door handles. 3D printed a plug and epoxied it in on the backside of the handle.

Started messing around with the ride height and tested different wheels. Pictured below is 15x9 -15 with a 195/55. Will probably end up with a 0 offset up front and keep the -15 in the rear with a bit more camber. Wheels are all going out for sandblasting next week.

Finished the glass/filler work on the aero and shot some primer. Started hard mounting it all to make sure the fitment is spot on. Waiting on the final aero piece to show up from the motherland.

Heading to Japan for two weeks at the end of the month. Car is scheduled for paint the weekend I return. Its crunch time for this bodywork!
Old 09-14-2018, 08:08 AM   #23
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Did you get the oem jdm keyless entry or did you do something else? I'd LOVE to have a keyless entry in my shitbox.

PS, if you wanna ditch those bomex mirrors for aero markers...holla.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #24
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Just a aftermarket alarm that is spliced into the factory locking mechanism.
Let me think about that. I'll hit you up.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:40 AM   #25
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Looking great! cant wait to see it painted. Are you doing front fenders also?

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #26
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
Looking great! cant wait to see it painted. Are you doing front fenders also?
Thanks! For now I am staying with the metal fronts. May grab a set of chargespeeds in the future though.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:34 AM   #27
Tealash_Garage
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Tealash_Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have the same setup going in my 240sx coupe. S14 sr20de, hks 264's. nismo headgasket, ka24de header, 2.5 exhaust and zex 55 wet shot. One of the exhaust studs had to be cut short to not interfere with one of the runners.
Tealash_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #28
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Wow, awesome progress! The car is really coming together. Looking forward to seeing it painted!

Also, if you ever print up some plugs for those triangular areas on either side of the engine bay near the fender wells, I am game! Nice work on those plugs.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 02:00 PM   #29
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealash_Garage View Post
I have the same setup going in my 240sx coupe. S14 sr20de, hks 264's. nismo headgasket, ka24de header, 2.5 exhaust and zex 55 wet shot. One of the exhaust studs had to be cut short to not interfere with one of the runners.
Hell yeah! That is basically the same setup I'd like to go with. Can I pm you some questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Wow, awesome progress! The car is really coming together. Looking forward to seeing it painted!

Also, if you ever print up some plugs for those triangular areas on either side of the engine bay near the fender wells, I am game! Nice work on those plugs.
Thanks! The small details are always the most time consuming.
I would like to get those designed and printed but that area on my car is kind of beat from clearance for the wheels. There was someone interested in them locally but he never came through for me to take measurements. Once I have a set printed and tested I'll pm you.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #30
Tealash_Garage
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Tealash_Garage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
[QUOTE=Krusty_s13;6296762]Hell yeah! That is basically the same setup I'd like to go with. Can I pm you some questions?

Yea not a problem, I'm on here multiple times a day.
Tealash_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote