Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Would you buy one?
Yes, right away! 69 17.47%
Yes, but I'd wait until the second or third year they were out 136 34.43%
I'd really like to but I couldn't really afford one. 84 21.27%
No, I'll stick with my old s-chassis. 106 26.84%
Voters: 395. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #31
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I voted, yes on buying one the first or second year.

Assuming the car comes out in 2010, 2011/12 would be a good time for me to purchase a new car. It would be my daily, but I'd probably still not drive it in the winter. I'd autoX it as often as possible.

To me the car would be perfect if it was bare bones, 2.0t, 220-240hp, 2800-2900 lbs, low beltline, and I'd love if they had a two tone option. Pricing starting around $19k for stripped down model, and topping out around $28 with diff, nav, etc. I'd take a base model 2.t with diff as my only option. No wing, and probably no factory aero if it was offered depending on the look of the aero. Base wheels too.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #32
MudRacer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
MudRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I would only buy it if they dont put limitations like they did on the GT-R. I wanan be able to mod the hell out of any vehicle I own. Whether it be performance gain, or paint, style etc.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #33
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRacer View Post
I would only buy it if they dont put limitations like they did on the GT-R. I wanan be able to mod the hell out of any vehicle I own. Whether it be performance gain, or paint, style etc.
You mean by voiding the warranty if you mod it? Almost all manufactures will do that. With the exception of the wheels. Don't expect any such strict regs on a car in this class. The car isn't going to be a wonder of the auto world like the GTR so there would be no reason for them to do that.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:42 AM   #34
braingone
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
braingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant futurebraingone has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to braingone
^ Mhm, can't compare a supercar to a regular sports coupe.

I'm 50/50 on it, I want to see what the final design and specs before I make up my mind.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #35
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
If it looks like the new concept that's been floating around the internet then NO....
Old 09-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #36
n_my_coupe
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
n_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
alot of sports cars made earlier were RWD and alot of todays sports car are now FWD example the corolla so if this were to happen to the great 240 then NO i would not buy
n_my_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #37
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^ I doubt Nissan would make it FWD, true they were lookin at some models, but I highly doubt they would pull that move with all the competition coming out with RWD models
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #38
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Haha, the corolla is a terrible example of a sports car.

Nissan doesn't have room for another FWD car in their lineup...where would it fit with the Versa, Sentra, and Altima already existing in various hatch, coupe, and sedan versions?
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:41 PM   #39
808_s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibo View Post
Nope. Too many really, really nice cars available in the 10-20k range now. S2000, 350z, Evo, STi, E36 M3, E46 330i, C5 Corvette, LSX RX7's, RSX-S, MS3, MS Miata, etc.
i doubt you can buy a s2k or an evo in that range.
there more like in the 28k-35k. you can buy a Lancer, but not the Evo
edittion. shiet, for 10-20k, you can get your self a chevy cobalt or a hyundai

-makua[ace]
808_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #40
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_my_coupe View Post
alot of sports cars made earlier were RWD and alot of todays sports car are now FWD example the corolla so if this were to happen to the great 240 then NO i would not buy
the corolla was never a sports car and it will never be a sports car.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #41
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Used S2ks can be had in the low teens. Evos are still a bit more.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:17 PM   #42
RedStage
Zilvia Junkie

RedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to beholdRedStage is a splendid one to behold
If it were FR, approximate size of the S15, Designed as a follow on to the S-chasis (as in resembled the S15, 14, 13) had similar poer to the S15, I think Nissan would satisfy alot of people in the entry level sports car market (being the $25K range)

It would definately need to follow the S-chasis blood line though and carry on the styling from the S15.

RedStage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #43
SleepR 240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
SleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond reputeSleepR 240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SleepR 240sx Send a message via MSN to SleepR 240sx
As long as it lives up to the current S-chassis brand I would def consider it. In all honesty probably wouldn't be able to afford it off the bat.

Quote:
2.0t, 220-240hp, 2800-2900 lbs, low beltline
Seems like this is exactly what they got in japan with the s14 silvia. 220hp sr20det, 2700lbs?....i think if they came out with the same thing here in the states it would do very well...especially with the 240 craze as it has been recently. Granted not as much now as it was but still.

I'd give anything to have a brand new s13 from the factory lol. Swap the motor and DONE. Don't have to mess around with the 17 year old problems i have now lol...but then again what would a 240 be without problems?

Check out the coolest new thing: toddrickkkkk.blogspot.com
SleepR 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:09 AM   #44
muddafakka
Zilvia FREAK!

muddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfectionmuddafakka is close to perfection
I voted no mainly because I can't afford one at the moment.

Even if I had the money, I'd have to see the final product first and wait at least 2 or 3 years...or until there's sufficient aftermarket support. The same would apply to the small Infiniti coupe that's supposed to come out as well.

My main concerns are (specifically for the new S-chassis) :
-Will it be attractive and not look like all the other bars of soap on the roads nowadays?

-Can it perform?

-Will it be mod-friendly?

-Can the driving aids be turned off?

-Will it be under 3000 lbs.? (I understand it'll never be as lightweight as its predecessors but 2600-2700 shouldn't be an impossible task)

-Will Nissan keep their word and offer it at an affordable price?

If it meets or exceeds my expectations, I just might consider one. If not, then I'll check out the Toyabaru coupe.
muddafakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #45
silly_13
Zilvia Addict

silly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enough
ewww ugly! lol
silly_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:58 AM   #46
tanks13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
tanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tanks13 Send a message via Yahoo to tanks13
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
I cant afford the old ones let alone a new one. Sigh.... college brokeness

i'm with this guy skool sucks but in the long run ill hope fully be outta skool making big bucks so i would hopefully be able to get on a lease hahahahahahah c'mon bro
Old 10-02-2008, 05:47 AM   #47
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
if they announce before the end of this year that the 240 would come back as a 2011 model? I would sell crack and buy one.

if it's a 2012 model, ill wait till we make sure there's no zombies first before i start planing.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:12 AM   #48
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks13 View Post
i'm with this guy skool sucks but in the long run ill hope fully be outta skool making big bucks so i would hopefully be able to get on a lease hahahahahahah c'mon bro
hell yea college broke sucks, graduation and a real job is goin to kick ass
Old 10-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #49
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
I refuse to buy anything newer than my 91 s13 and my 91 corolla.

why? too many god damn computer sensors and shit. Abs, traction control, air bags, stability control....bah. shit's for pussies.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #50
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15specR View Post
If it looks like the new concept that's been floating around the internet then NO....
There is no concept floating around. The closest thing FROM Nissan as a concept is the Urge and that concept is years old now. The concepts you are referring to are nothing more then magazines renderings of what they think it might look like. About the same as if I did a rendering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_my_coupe View Post
That was the 90's. This is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly_13 View Post
ewww ugly! lol
What is ugly? You havne't even see anything from Nissan?

Again people, I'm asking it like it came out and it was EVERYTHING you were hoping for. You LIKED how it looked, preformed well, and was competitively priced.

This is all hypothetical.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #51
sting2343
Zilvia Member

sting2343 has much to be proud ofsting2343 has much to be proud ofsting2343 has much to be proud ofsting2343 has much to be proud ofsting2343 has much to be proud ofsting2343 has much to be proud ofsting2343 has much to be proud ofsting2343 has much to be proud ofsting2343 has much to be proud ofsting2343 has much to be proud ofsting2343 has much to be proud of
yah it would be totally sick but im in the same "poor" boat and definitely could no afford a new one...
sting2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #52
Future240
Future Moderator

I would go for either a mini GTR or a 2009 Version of the S15, 220-250hp out of the box, features like HIDS, navigation, sport, comfort suspension, and a semi-luxurious interior for the higher end models. big aftermarket, easy to mod, I'd go to the stealership feeling like r-kelly in a daycare
Old 10-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #53
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_s13 View Post

-makua[ace]

All cars listed can be had under 25k used and a few years old.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #54
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
There is no flat out "No" option, there should be.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #55
beeracing s14
Zilvia Addict

beeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of light
if it got the altima/g35/350z mixed together, NO THANKS!
beeracing s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #56
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_s13 View Post

-makua[ace]
the new CobaltSS turbo would probably demolish half the cars on this forum. Car and Driver got better times out of the Cobalt than they did out of a Evo X
on the Lightning Lap 08.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #57
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VROOOM View Post
the new CobaltSS turbo would probably demolish half the cars on this forum. Car and Driver got better times out of the Cobalt than they did out of a Evo X
on the Lightning Lap 08.
I thought they were discontinuing the cobalt?
Old 10-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #58
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Quote:
I thought they were discontinuing the cobalt?
i think 2010 they are changing to the Cruze but you can buy 09 Cobalt SS's in sedan and coupe.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:14 AM   #59
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
I'd go to the stealership feeling like r-kelly in a daycare
you got that all wrong.

michael jackson is the one who enjoys scoping out the daycare centers.. r kelly likes older women and prefers to hang out at the local middle and high schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:06 PM   #60
sr20boostn20
Zilvia Junkie

sr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of lightsr20boostn20 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to sr20boostn20
chances are that if it did come out it would have the same g35ish body lines that every other sports car on the market today looks like,

i would definalty not buy it, id hate it
sr20boostn20 is offline   Reply With Quote